Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 06:34 PM

223 posts, read 153,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You can thank Reagan for welcoming illegals as part of his pro-business union-busting strategy. He's the one who invented "amnesty" for. illegals already here, too. You can bet word of that.spread around south of the border like wildfire! The flood of illegals are something business and the pro-business Repubs dreamed up. Meat-Processing plants used to send their own buses down to Mexico to round up willing (undocumented) workers and bring them back, to keep American workers off their payroll.

Sounds like you've met the enemy, and he is you, and your Party, Steve.
Oh my!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 09:04 PM

426 posts, read 353,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Heh. How times have changed. A youngster can now “build their resume“ in a few months so they can move on. Hmmmm. Build a resume in a few months work. My my my. A few months ... I am never going to be able to grasp this.
The guy is clearly misguided. Even in today's world you don't "build a resume" in just a few months work. If you're switching jobs any more than once every 2-3 years it is seriously frowned upon by employers unless it's for a seriously good reason.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:18 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocal Banned View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...090014408.html

The article, just one of hundreds that have appeared in recent years that use some version of the term “fail,” accuses California of failing at the homelessness crisis (by far, the worst in the nation), polarizing politics, a historically bad pandemic response, sky-high housing costs, and an energy debacle. I lived in San Francisco decades ago and began to see the ugly truth long before most wanted to admit it and hightailed it east. Missing the weather, I moved back to San Diego in 1996, spending 2 years there before fleeing again, this time for good. The weather wasn’t worth what the state had become. I have not looked back.

So why are you still in California despite all the failures? And are you planning an escape to Arizona, Nevada, Washington, Colorado, Oregon, or Idaho?
Holy ****.

WHY is everyone so god damn worried about the people who choose to live in California. I think a lot of you people are either jealous cause you can’t live here or mentally ill cause you can’t live here. Why are people so fixated with Californians and what they do? Seriously why do you even care?
I have seriously spent about ZERO seconds of my life wondering why anyone wants to live where they choose to live. Literally I have never once cared or asked anyone why they live where they do.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:04 AM

1,845 posts, read 1,493,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Like what horrible disasters? What happened in CA around in the first third of your dad's life, that he wouldn't want to raise a family there?
My dad's life? He didn't live here. He said he is scared of earthquakes and he'd rather shovel snow in NJ than taking the California natural disasters. And yes my mom lived through the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake which was horrible, but she survived and her childhood home is still standing today. Now I live in her childhood home and I would never know an earthquake even happened here.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:05 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
WHY is everyone so god damn worried about the people who choose to live in California. I think a lot of you people are either jealous cause you can’t live here or mentally ill cause you can’t live here. Why are people so fixated with Californians and what they do?
He's slightly defensive about NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocal Banned View Post
You just can’t keep NYC out of your mouth can you? You have an obsession with putting it down in some way in your posts and you always try to trash it every chance you get. Just because you couldn’t hack it in New York says a lot more about you than it does about the city.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:25 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
My dad's life? He didn't live here. He said he is scared of earthquakes and he'd rather shovel snow in NJ than taking the California natural disasters. And yes my mom lived through the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake which was horrible, but she survived and her childhood home is still standing today. Now I live in her childhood home and I would never know an earthquake even happened here.
Yes, I got from. your post that he'd never lived I in CA, and was afraid of the natural disasters. I was asking, "what natural disasters". Besides an occasional quake, what was there in his early days, to scare him so much? Or was his fear all about the quakes? Quite a few of us grew up in CA, some have lived there all their lives, and never went through an earthquake. That's why I'm puzzled. But I'm glad you got your mom's home, and are enjoying SoCal.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:36 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He's slightly defensive about NYC.
Why isn’t he on the NY forum? Go there

Old 09-02-2020, 12:51 PM

1,203 posts, read 668,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
This poster supposed lives in AZ and going by on or more past posts by him/her, is planning to move to Idaho.
That's not surprising at all. Some people just hate their lives and it doesn't matter where they live. They will never be happy.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:27 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,839 times
I'm still here because I own a house here and have a well-paying job that would be hard to get the same pay for elsewhere. That's even considering the subtraction of the California state taxes and fees if moving to some place without a state income tax like Texas. I'd be in AZ if my employer would let me work remotely. The article that the OP posted was correct. I'm hoping to stick it out another 5 years and hope that the policies destroying LA, SFC, and SD don't spread that quickly to the central coast. The Wuhan virus response of the Governor here is simply insane though.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:27 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
Not to offend anyone, but I don’t think there are very many desirable states outside of the top 3 (TX, FL, CA). Besides that, individual cities are definitely desirable like New York or Atlanta but I wouldn’t consider New York State or Georgia desirable. I think part of the appeal of the top 3 states are that they have multiple desirable cities. I might add North Carolina and Colorado to that.
Oh, my God! Georgia and New York State are two of the most beautiful states in the entire country. Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California