Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
When are people going to understand, the MEDIA LIES for sensationalism and to get the best stories first.
I can't speak for others but I can speak for myself I'm not listening to the media I'm listening to Paula, Jamey and Bobby Deen. They all 3 are shooting themselves in the foot making this fire bigger no matter how you want to see it. She is human she made a mistake, she owned up to it, which in turn blew up in her face now she has to deal with the outcome. Might not be fair how she got to the point but she is here.

Not you, not me, not any other reader here or on FB can go though this for her, but we all can have compassion for what she has to deal with. But I didn't tell her how to speak, act or sell in any part of her life. I didn't tell her how to do damage control so how can you keep saying the media is lying when in fact the 3 Deens are making it worse each time they open their mouths thinking they are improving the situation? Not even her Today show colleagues are believing she is remorseful yes they are "the media" but they are also her co-workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,856,148 times
Let's sum up this thread with this:

People with an axe to grind have jumped on the crucify Paula bandwagon. They didn't care about her before, don't care now and are here to pile on.

The people that appreciated her before KNOW that she is not a racist. She is loud, funny, salty and makes yummy food. Loud, funny, salty people's mouths have a habit of getting them in trouble, but it is what endears us to them at the same time.

As for her food, us southerners know that what she makes is not a steady diet, we all would be in our graves if we ate like that every day. She makes dishes that we will prepare for holidays or a big Sunday dinner but won't eat day to day. We get it. Others don't.

So, those of us that appreciate her will stand by her and things will be ok. If the Today shows and the Food Networks of the world want to blackball her, then we will think less of them. She will be OK.

Need to get this off my chest as well as the feeling that anything I say on a site like this will change hypocrisy in another. And that is what this thread is full of, hypocrisy.... accusing someone of hate and ridicule when pouring it on themselves in spades.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Let's sum up this thread with this:

People with an axe to grind have jumped on the crucify Paula bandwagon. They didn't care about her before, don't care now and are here to pile on.

The people that appreciated her before KNOW that she is not a racist. She is loud, funny, salty and makes yummy food. Loud, funny, salty people's mouths have a habit of getting them in trouble, but it is what endears us to them at the same time.

As for her food, us southerners know that what she makes is not a steady diet, we all would be in our graves if we ate like that every day. She makes dishes that we will prepare for holidays or a big Sunday dinner but won't eat day to day. We get it. Others don't.

So, those of us that appreciate her will stand by her and things will be ok. If the Today shows and the Food Networks of the world want to blackball her, then we will think less of them. She will be OK.

Need to get this off my chest as well as the feeling that anything I say on a site like this will change hypocrisy in another. And that is what this thread is full of, hypocrisy.... accusing someone of hate and ridicule when pouring it on themselves in spades.
very educated concept, thank you for posting.

I am not a Paula Deen follower, honestly, but feel the same way as you do....and yes, an educated guess is, that she doesn't make these recipes all of the time....gosh?

I remember when they told us, butter was bad for you, so we all used margarine, back then, now butter and bacon is good for you, 20 years down the road, it will be bad for you again....
you only live once, and I plan to live it to the fullest...within reason...but no one has the right to tell me how to live it, as long as I obey the laws and try and treat everyone as I would wish to be treated. I just feel so bad when people get so ugly and bash others....it only makes them look very ugly inside....

Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,664,831 times
Quote:
Sometimes, some of your (uneducated People) as some of you refer to in this thread, are the ones with the most common sense, the biggest of hearts, live their lives by example, and have an uncanny set of values and morals...they just don't brag about it and tear others apart for their faults, or b/c they don't like the way people talk.

I cannot believe how petty & judgemental some of you are, and urge you to take a long good look in the mirror first, before discrediting someone else's character...

Uneducated to me, is someone who doesn't care or value life, who stands on a street corner, selling drugs to little kids, who beats their wife, who beats their kids, a child preditor, a murder, someone who lies and steals....or hurts animals....

Y'all are making this woman out to be everything she is not...and climbing on the witch hunt wagon...pitiful...no wonder this country is in such bad shape.

Your buying into gossip, that you've either read or heard 2nd hand on the news, and assume you know everything about this issue, and you don't. You don't even have one small idea of how extremely political hollywood can be...and they have the power to make you or break you, but you buy into gossip, pure gossip...which is what killed Lady Di

You can kill a person with words, just as though you took a gun and help it to their heads...

think about that before going off the deep end with insults and how badly Paula Dean's verbage, annoys you. By God if at is all you have to worry about, your lives are very very very small.
Well said.

If any one has lost two innocent people to violence in separate instances, it makes this Paula Dean noise and cheap gossip appear petty and small by comparison.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

I didn't see the Today interview with Matt this morning but the other hosts are talking now about how it didn't come off as genuine Al Roker is one of those host saying that. None of them heard her say "I'm sorry" and they saw her upset but saw no tears only sadness and talking about how hard this has been on her.
I saw it. She was a hot mess. It definitely seemed to be more about her.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I saw it. She was a hot mess. It definitely seemed to be more about her.

Who was it supposed to be about? IMO, she'd issued one too many apologies so I doubt she'd planned on another one.

As far as "hot messes" go, um....given his past "issue," Al Roker fits that bill nicely.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,420 times
I really don't care for Paula Deen. I wish she would go away already. IMO, her recipes are crappy and her personality comes across as fake (how many times does one really need to say "y'all?") Now with this controversy, people are wishing she would go away. Well, if the press is giving her more publicity, she won't go away.

I pretty much hope she would go away, but not because of this.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I really don't care for Paula Deen. I wish she would go away already. IMO, her recipes are crappy and her personality comes across as fake (how many times does one really need to say "y'all?") Now with this controversy, people are wishing she would go away. Well, if the press is giving her more publicity, she won't go away.

"People" or some people?

Also, there are plenty of people I don't care for in the public eye, yet I don't wish them into the cornfield. Interesting how some just don't seem to be able to switch a channel or read something else.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post

If you don't like her, don't watch. I hope she stays, and it seems that many people feel like I do.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times
Quote:
People are dying due to all the pollution in the air....all the chemicals in our food and water supplies.
Do you have a deck? We all do, and all that poison from the pressure treated lumber, is washing into our ground water, everytime it rains, which is lethal...all the chemical accidents in the U.S. that you never hear a word about, all the drainage from factories, washing into our streams and killing fish...our water tables have arsnic in them....all the food you eat has chemicals and preservatives in them, the cattle, the pesticides on vegtables, and even the medications you take.

So, don't say American's are dying from her diet....not nearly! What an exhaugeration?????
I believe your priorities are way mixed up and your making it worse then what it is?
Oh, and how bout all the vaccines that we are forced to give our pets, which are killing them?
Polize?

and her diabetis, is none of your concern or business....in case you haven't notices, she did loose a lot of weight
I cannot believe how mean people get over diet....that is my business, and my choice....not yours....
and I don't care what the scientific results are from all of this on Obesity...I'm sick and tired of i-rate people who think they can tell us what we can and cannot eat.
Take all this hateful energy and please put it into something constructive....to get this upset over this whole stupid thing, well, don't you think there are other much more important issues going on in the world, then this? Your feeding into gossip, resulting in hate....? I mean seriously, before you take this personal, think about it...geeze louise? This is silly.
It might help you if you used spellcheck.

Anyway, my comment was realistic and factual and not hateful at all. In fact, your obviously emotional outburst might lead an observant person to believe you are a bit overweight yourself and feel some guilt over it. If that's the case, then good for you. You have to admit that you have a problem before you can overcome it.

I stand by my post. Americans are dying of their diet. Most think they have no problem until something horrible happens to their health. Pres. Clinton, a meat lover, is now vegetarian. James Garner used to advertise for the beef industry and stopped after his heart attack. Well, our Ms.Deen promoted fattening and sugary foods, found out she was diabetic, and decided her profits were more important than our health. THat includes YOUR health. You may support her for personal reasons, but I doubt that you would do something that is so callous and self serving.

Diabetes is a killer. If she had competent doctors she should be fully aware of that. There is a genetic component. Blacks and Native Americans seem to be more prone to this disease than others. Some people, who do not lose weight and stick to their diets and take meds if necessary, some end up with their toes, fingers, hands, feet, etc, cut off. Some go blind. It is not pretty.

Knowing full well what a dangerous thing a high fat and sugared diet is to many/most Americans, she decided it was worth the risk, to have that on her conscience (if she has one) for the money she would bring in.

She already has a lot of money. She could have taken time off, regrouped, and started promoting a healthy diet. She would have had a lot of support.

She's selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities