Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,550,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
WalMart and Home Depot both drop kicked Paula Deen. I would love to see Paula Deen's redneck fans try to boycott their shopping venue of choice....Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart, Home Depot end relationships with Paula Deen - TODAY.com
I think Paula Deen is a clueless idiot. But you come on here talking about rednecks? Are you ****ing serious?

Major racism and bigotry all over this thread from both sides. Bashing blacks, bashing Christians, bashing southerners, bashing anyone you don't agree with. What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 12:54 AM

501 posts, read 801,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
i agree, you know i used to feel bad for the aa community and how they get treated by white people sometimes..and then i made a mistake..i went to work at a place with mostly african americans. All i can say is oh my god. By the time it was all said an done, i was starting to turn racist towards blacks because of blacks. Im not even white and they would treat me(and the other white people) so bad and favor only other african americans and accuse us of racism when they didnt get their way. I mean damn, not all white people are bad, some stood up for african americans during the civil rights movement, but nope they seem to have forgotten that. That and the fact that abraham lincoln(a white guy) signed them out of slavery. Needless to say, im not there anymore, but african americans lost me as a sympathizer to their plight
So because you worked around a small group of ignorant uneducated arses you justify making a sweeping generalization about an entire race? Interesting and by that (bolded) statement you feel we should be back on the cotton fields because of your encounter? This is the mentality "we" have dealt with and continue to deal with here in the south.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 AM

501 posts, read 801,089 times
For those of you who are pro Paula Deen and inferring that she is misunderstood or that her statements were 20 years ago and that people should just "get over it", what were your views back when Isaiah Washington made that gay slur towards his ER costar? I'll wait.

Last edited by scorpioqueen; 06-27-2013 at 02:02 AM..

Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,196 times
Smile WisteriaHysteria

True. The whole thing hasn't surfaced yet, anyway. Wait for the court proceedings. Excuse
me, I'm brand new here and using a tiny cellphone at the moment. This is partially a test....
YAHOO!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:10 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The Food Network had every right to fire her. Comparing her to stand-up comedians is very shortsighted.
No, it isn't, stand up comedians say anything and mock everyone for a laugh, it certainly isn't short shortsighted. According to your double standards, it's then ok? I think not.
I'm certain most of you do not remember Don Rickles, and all the Dean Martin Roasts....they were all in clean fun...today, people wait and look for something to get all upset about, instead of looking for the positive...we all have made mistakes...none of us are perfect...but this, is way over the top...Paul Dean doesn't deserve this! If she were black, none of this would have happened.

Like I said before, it is always ok for blacks to call each other that, over and over again, even in movies, in songs, rap...and just having a conversation...it's ok for blacks to refer whites with racial slurs? Again, double standards....

someone is making a big deal out of this to make some quick money while ruining a life, period.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
You know I am her fan, and I don't shop in Wal-Mart, not because I think I am too good, like some people, but because there is not one near me. Target is closer. Also, you know when you call all of her fans rednecks you are doing exactly what you are claiming she does. You are showing your prejudice.
I'd give you more reps if I could.....but you know the drill, great point!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:25 AM

Sharpton defends Paula Deen

Here is a big shocker, and let me tell you, I cannot stand this man, talk about double standards...
he runs to claim racial prejudice, when a criminal stabbs a white officer in Atlanta, when the officer shoots the criminal, talk about double standards...which is what keeps racial prejudice alive....but when I read this, I was shocked....this is one good thing I've seen this man do and say....and sums up this whole mess.....let me tell you, someone is after Paula Deen, be it jealousy, looking for a quick get rich law suit...whatever, but this, has gone way to far, now Walmart is dropping her, My God????? People are sick, who more low class then Walmart, using people as slaves and not paying them as they should? making people stay overtime and not paying them? Talk about using people to get rich quick, on the empire the Walmart family has built. What double standards, how low can you get...yeah, right, ban Paula Deen, disgusting, absolutely disgusting!

Sharpton defends Paula Deen after Food Network cans her show | The Daily Caller

Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,121,615 times
I think she should be dumped but not for the reasons at hand. I just cannot stand that phony exaggerated "y'all" every other word out of her mouth.
Watch her in a clip from many years ago, then watch a more recent clip.
It's nauseating.
But of course, I can just not watch her show.

No, she should NOT be dumped for the reasons at hand. She did nothing at all wrong.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I think she should be dumped but not for the reasons at hand. I just cannot stand that phony exaggerated "y'all" every other word out of her mouth.
Watch her in a clip from many years ago, then watch a more recent clip.
It's nauseating.
But of course, I can just not watch her show.

No, she should NOT be dumped for the reasons at hand. She did nothing at all wrong.
Just a little something I have learned....
When I was younger, I had no concept of the fact, that judging people was wrong, and there were people that I took an instant dislike to, before getting to know them, or understanding why they spoke or acted as they did. But....as I got to know them personally, and understood the reason for their behavior, not to mention observed that they were good people, they became either a good friend, or highly respected by me. In other words, your more then entitled to your opinion, I'm not arguing that, just sayin, yanno?

Thanks for chimming in...
Creme

Old 06-27-2013, 05:29 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I saw it. She was a hot mess. It definitely seemed to be more about her.
She said "I is what I is and I'm not changin'" - this was in an interview with Matt Lauer.
She said these are lies about her, she just said something wrong way in her past, and she would not discuss the 2007 incident. No one brought up her deadly recipes.

She's not contrite because she thinks she did nothing wrong, nothing that the average person would not do. The trouble is out there, not with the goddess, herself. People are out to get her. They are jealous of what she has.

God, even what she presents as an apology is only half-hearted and looks like an act.

You know, if she only tried to treat others the way she'd like to be treated, she would not have this problem.

(She was real careful not to have her makeup run, wasn't she?)

Last edited by goldengrain; 06-27-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities