Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
This is getting ridiculous! The next time a black, Hispanic, Asian or any other minority says something offensive about whites, there better be heads rolling and as much outrage directed towards them as what's being directed towards her! Will there be? Hell no. But there should. Talk about a double standard.
One incident can and often is forgiven.

Did you miss the analogy of a prior post - painting a similar scenario only using a sexist boss and a Playboy themed party - or perhaps having Jewish workers dress in Auschwitz Camp attire for a Nazi themed party?

The lady is clearly sick. Mentally and physically. She must, to do these things, think she is a kind of god and can do no wrong.

She should be dropped from their offering. I would not want her to be representing me, either. She is a PR disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
. . . I plan to live it to the fullest...within reason...but no one has the right to tell me how to live it, as long as I obey the laws and try and treat everyone as I would wish to be treated. I just feel so bad when people get so ugly and bash others....it only makes them look very ugly inside....
Obviously, you're starting to come to the dark side. Welcome, pilgrim.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:14 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
We should be responding to the content of the post, not insulting the poster with personal attacks. That seems to be happening a lot around here. A bit hypocritical to put down Paula Deen for inappropriate language when we've got some inappropriate comments going on in this thread.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
"People" or some people?

Also, there are plenty of people I don't care for in the public eye, yet I don't wish them into the cornfield. Interesting how some just don't seem to be able to switch a channel or read something else.
Some people. Yes (if you care to nitpick.)

It's also interesting that some people go on the defensive. I'm sure there are people in the public eye that you don't care for. Why don't you just read a book? Seriously?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It might help you if you used spellcheck.

Anyway, my comment was realistic and factual and not hateful at all. In fact, your obviously emotional outburst might lead an observant person to believe you are a bit overweight yourself and feel some guilt over it. If that's the case, then good for you. You have to admit that you have a problem before you can overcome it.

I stand by my post. Americans are dying of their diet. Most think they have no problem until something horrible happens to their health. Pres. Clinton, a meat lover, is now vegetarian. James Garner used to advertise for the beef industry and stopped after his heart attack. Well, our Ms.Deen promoted fattening and sugary foods, found out she was diabetic, and decided her profits were more important than our health. THat includes YOUR health. You may support her for personal reasons, but I doubt that you would do something that is so callous and self serving.

Diabetes is a killer. If she had competent doctors she should be fully aware of that. There is a genetic component. Blacks and Native Americans seem to be more prone to this disease than others. Some people, who do not lose weight and stick to their diets and take meds if necessary, some end up with their toes, fingers, hands, feet, etc, cut off. Some go blind. It is not pretty.

Knowing full well what a dangerous thing a high fat and sugared diet is to many/most Americans, she decided it was worth the risk, to have that on her conscience (if she has one) for the money she would bring in.

She already has a lot of money. She could have taken time off, regrouped, and started promoting a healthy diet. She would have had a lot of support.

She's selfish.
I agree with all of this! Well said. Couldn't rep you yet.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
We should be responding to the content of the post, not insulting the poster with personal attacks. That seems to be happening a lot around here. A bit hypocritical to put down Paula Deen for inappropriate language when we've got some inappropriate comments going on in this thread.
This is worth repeating thank you.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Diabetes is a killer. If she had competent doctors she should be fully aware of that. There is a genetic component. Blacks and Native Americans seem to be more prone to this disease than others. Some people, who do not lose weight and stick to their diets and take meds if necessary, some end up with their toes, fingers, hands, feet, etc, cut off. Some go blind. It is not pretty.
You don't have to tell me about diabetes, my 10 year old grandaughter is very fit and trim, they have always eaten healthy and she has type 1 and has to take 4 shots a day...my son's father was a cronic diabetic, and yes, it is genetic...but also comes from eating wrong, and not...sometimes one can do all they can, like me, I worked out 7 days a week, yet, anything can happen...it is not always b/c someone ate wrong.

Also had a neighbor who had it, and she lost her legs....eventually died, however, people are dying everyday, and Paula Deen has nothing to do with it....it is my choice.

I was never really a fan of Paula Deen, I didn't care about her one way or the other....
but this, again, if this brings about so much hate and disarry, when there are so many other more important things in the world to worry about, then no wonder our country is the way it is. People buy into gossip way to much and talk about movie stars like they know them, when all they know is what they read or hear on TV...and then make judgement on someone they don't know.

Again, Ms. Deen's way of cooking is her way of cooking, she has lost a huge amount of weight, and her diabetis is her business....she doesn't have to bring it out, and by the way, she didn't hide it, b/c when she got it, it was made known, not as so many would hear it, but some of us did know, she had diabetes. And I honestly forget, how I knew? But regardless, doesn't matter, her health is her business...and to be fair, yes, Overweight people are dying, however, you have to take into account, not to the extent that cancers and other diseases are killing people.

I support her, simply b/c people are bashing her for no reason what-so-ever...and it is cruel, not to mention, the fact, that none of us really know what happened....I question, after all these years of working for the Food Network, what really happened. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not, but only "they" know what is really going on. But to be this cruel, when you don't even know someone, is awful.

I support her, until I hear differently...to me, this is just another get rich quick scheme, by someone who worked for her for 3 years? Which also puts up a flag.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
This is worth repeating thank you.
I feel badly for her, she looks awful....people can be so cruel.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM

730 posts, read 1,313,744 times
Default Paula Deen

What hypocrites people are. I don't recall anybody being incensed about the Senator Robert Byrd who was a Ku Klux Klan member, but served in the senate until he was about 150 years old. She made these statements 37 years ago, and is being punished for being honest. She should have taken a page out of the politicians playbook that you lie under oath, like on TV, lie lie lie and it'll all be OK.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:04 PM

536 posts, read 829,877 times
Walmart ends relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises. In tearful interview, Paula Deen slams 'horrible lies' - CNN.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3505258.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities