Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 10:59 AM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No drugs found at autopsy.
But is that the truth? Not sure why the public always thinks they're so privy to someone's health information.

It sounds like brain swelling from a fall is not all the uncommon...but this isn't the way most wealthy, healthy 65 year old men die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 11:54 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Autopsy reports are public record once finalized. The coroner has no reason to falsify the results.

Some of y'all have watched too many crime dramas, and it shows.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
No drugs were found in his body. I would have thought he would have taken a pain reliever for a headache if he had hit his head hard enough to cause head trauma (which he was unaware of) except for head pain. Would he have gone to bed to sleep if he had a headache from hitting his head somehow without taking a pain reliever? Don't all adults know that a severe hit to the head could be a concussion, and one is not to sleep with a concussion?
He was traveling. It's very possible he didn't have any pain relievers with him, and he thought he would feel better with some sleep. It doesn't necessarily take a severe hit to cause a brain bleed ... he possibly didn't think he had hit hard enough for a concussion.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:13 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
He was traveling. It's very possible he didn't have any pain relievers with him, and he thought he would feel better with some sleep. It doesn't necessarily take a severe hit to cause a brain bleed ... he possibly didn't think he had hit hard enough for a concussion.
Hard to tell what happened to Bob. It is possible that he just fell and hit his head and suffered some concussion. But that would be an extremely rare event, and in a regular hotel room....

I personally can't see that happening. Someone with no severe impairments falling in a way where they can't brace themselves at all and with enough force to cause head trauma seems so unlikely. Again, not impossible, but just doesn't seem likely.

I'm not sure we'll ever know what really happened.

Although, as it relates to head trauma; it definitely doesn't take much. There are countless stories each year about people getting into simple "fist fights" and someone hits their head and dies. It is tragic. That's why it's never worth it to fight because the outcomes could be tragic on both sides (the one who throws the punch and ends up killing someone because of head trauma; and obviously the person on the receiving end).

I remember in high school, 2 kids got into a "simple" fight, and one of the kids involved in the fight was epileptic. He was hit, fell down, hit his head and it triggered a seizure. He had to be rushed to the hospital. Luckily he ended up being fine, but the kid who hit him was in shock and holding his breath that things would turn out ok.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:27 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,954,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Exactly. That's what happened to my mom. The doctors were amazed my mom was as functional as she was. Just a headache as a symptom. And it wasn't even a debilitating headache at first. Could still walk around, cook, do light housework but it gradually became worse and that's when I called 911.

Was your brain hemorrhage the result of a fall?
Nope, I was horizontal at the time of inset. The cause is TMI.

My speech was affected (sometimes I would hesitate like I couldn't think of what to say next), my short term memory was affected, and my endurance was affected for a time. If it occurs on the left side of the brain, the right side of the body is affected, so my hand writing also changed for a time. Luckily I recovered with no fanfare, so mine was very minor, thankfully. The neurologist said the farther away I got from it time wise the less likely it would reoccur.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm actually surprised it was that cheap.
This was in August 2005.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:30 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Autopsy reports are public record once finalized. The coroner has no reason to falsify the results.

Some of y'all have watched too many crime dramas, and it shows.

Umm.. Not so sure about Florida. Though regardless, coroner isn't going to falsify an official report.

Remember there was a big to-do about it when Dale Earnhardt died.. Ok.. the reports are public record, but any photos, videos or audio recordings from the autopsy are not.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Hard to tell what happened to Bob. It is possible that he just fell and hit his head and suffered some concussion. But that would be an extremely rare event, and in a regular hotel room....

I personally can't see that happening. Someone with no severe impairments falling in a way where they can't brace themselves at all and with enough force to cause head trauma seems so unlikely. Again, not impossible, but just doesn't seem likely.

Although, as it relates to head trauma; it definitely doesn't take much. There are countless stories each year about people getting into simple "fist fights" and someone hits their head and dies. It is tragic. That's why it's never worth it to fight because the outcomes could be tragic on both sides (the one who throws the punch and ends up killing someone because of head trauma; and obviously the person on the receiving end).

I remember in high school, 2 kids got into a "simple" fight, and one of the kids involved in the fight was epileptic. He was hit, fell down, hit his head and it triggered a seizure. He had to be rushed to the hospital. Luckily he ended up being fine, but the kid who hit him was in shock and holding his breath that things would turn out ok.
As I mentioned a few pages back, it could be as simple as he flopped onto the bed after a long tiring day, and misjudged how close he was to the headboard. Or he slipped in the bathroom, and being a pretty tall guy in a tight space, wasn't able to break his fall in a way that prevented his head from hitting the sink or the door jamb.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:50 PM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
hard to tell what happened to bob. It is possible that he just fell and hit his head and suffered some concussion. But that would be an extremely rare event, and in a regular hotel room....

+1

Old 02-10-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
No drugs were found in his body. I would have thought he would have taken a pain reliever for a headache if he had hit his head hard enough to cause head trauma (which he was unaware of) except for head pain. Would he have gone to bed to sleep if he had a headache from hitting his head somehow without taking a pain reliever? Don't all adults know that a severe hit to the head could be a concussion, and one is not to sleep with a concussion?
Depends on the type of hemorrhage he had. In my case I was told to stay away from painkillers that contain an ingredient that breaks up blood clots. Alieve was ok, according to my neurologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities