Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 08:54 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,646,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
from the People article:
Thank you, that clears it up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 09:03 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

I DO find it fishy that someone could fall that hard in a hotel room that they died. BS that it could happen from hitting your head on the headboard of that bed. No one accidentally hits a bed headboard that hard unless they are literally throwing themselves at it.
That's what I think. I've accidentally hit my head on a headboard or on an overhead shelf or the top portion of an open refrigerator door when getting up from a stooped position and while it smarts, it's not enough to cause tbi unless someone's hurling your head against it.

It could be he fell days before and just didn't tell anyone or thought nothing of it. My mom fell and had to go to the ER 3 days later when the symptoms of tbi started to show.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:04 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
People don't just simply fall and die. If you fall down the stairs or fall out of window (or fall out of a bus) it's possible but it doesn't sounds like thats what happened here.

I knew of a guy who fell down a set of cement steps last summer and was killed instantly. He was very intoxicated, happened after he'd been at a wedding and some bars

I have a distant cousin who also fell down the steps of his home and died- he had a known alcohol issue and had been to rehab several times.

It's possible Bob Saget fell down the stairs and hit his head days before and didn't tell anyone? Car accident seems unlikely as there'd be damage to the vehicle and again he'd probably tell someone about it.

I DO find it fishy that someone could fall that hard in a hotel room that they died. BS that it could happen from hitting your head on the headboard of that bed. No one accidentally hits a bed headboard that hard unless they are literally throwing themselves at it.

I could see it being possible that he slipped in the bathroom and hit his head on the toilet or tub. But that one is still a hard sell for me.

As others said maybe something happened a few days before and he told no one about it.

I think that's very unlikely. He broke his skull and his eye sockets. You don't think there would've been noticeable swelling and discoloration? People would've noticed...unless he was using some kind of heavy duty makeup to cover it.

And if anyone would go back and read the link carefully, it DOES say that Sheriff's office ruled out foul play.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:17 AM

16,419 posts, read 8,233,962 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I think that's very unlikely. He broke his skull and his eye sockets. You don't think there would've been noticeable swelling and discoloration? People would've noticed...unless he was using some kind of heavy duty makeup to cover it.

And if anyone would go back and read the link carefully, it DOES say that Sheriff's office ruled out foul play.
So then you think he fell in the hotel room and died?

Old 02-11-2022, 09:22 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah but to fall that hard to justify the state and extent of his injuries.
And yet the medical examiner and other medical professionals seem to have no problem justifying it.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:26 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
So then you think he fell in the hotel room and died?
I think it's the most likely thing to happen.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:34 AM

16,419 posts, read 8,233,962 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And yet the medical examiner and other medical professionals seem to have no problem justifying it.
Who's to say they had no problem justifying it?

Here is a quote:

"It is in my opinion that the death of Robert Saget, a 65-year-old white male found unresponsive in a hotel room, is the result of blunt head trauma. It is the most probable that the decedent suffered an unwitnessed fall backwards and struck the posterior aspect of his head. The manner of death is accident," the statement from Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Joshua D. Stephany said in his report.

he also says it's in his opinion. The autopsy revealed blunt head trauma with the opinion that he must have fallen backwards.

You're also aware medical examiner's aren't perfect and get it wrong many times? Bodies have been exumed as a results of it.

That said I'm guessing Bob stayed in one of these rooms:

https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...es/royal-suite

I could see there's quite a few places in that bathroom where one could slip and fall if not careful.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:14 AM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
But how does that rule anything out? If he got mugged on his way home could have been the same result? I am hopeful they have ruled out fowl play but from the information so far we can't tell.
Yes, there is only a poultry amount of information at this time.

Either that, or people are too chicken to speak up, and the ones who know the truth are ducking the press. Nothing but a bunch of turkeys.

Well, have a pheasant day.

I can keep going...

Old 02-11-2022, 11:20 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
That's what I think. I've accidentally hit my head on a headboard or on an overhead shelf or the top portion of an open refrigerator door when getting up from a stooped position and while it smarts, it's not enough to cause tbi unless someone's hurling your head against it.

It could be he fell days before and just didn't tell anyone or thought nothing of it. My mom fell and had to go to the ER 3 days later when the symptoms of tbi started to show.
It’s what happened to Miranda Richardson. She felt okay except for headache after her fall and was checked out by the first aid people, but later in the hotel she developed swelling of her brain and was dead shortly afterward. That’s what kills you, the swelling. Many times it’s the angle you hit at. I once volunteered in a brain injury outpatient program and one of their clients was a 40 year old man who fell off a 3 foot step stool.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:36 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,646,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, there is only a poultry amount of information at this time.

Either that, or people are too chicken to speak up, and the ones who know the truth are ducking the press. Nothing but a bunch of turkeys.

Well, have a pheasant day.

I can keep going...
You should not make yolks about this!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities