Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Haha, I remember Battlestar Gastonia. they had "Another World in Waxhaw" too.
I remember it, too. In fact, I was on Netflix the other day and ran across the Battlestar Galactica episodes, and immediately thought of Battlestar Gastonia, lol. Funny how that stuff stuck.

Also, I always enjoyed the Pass the Loot segments (PTL). That was classic stuff - would love to hear some of those radio broadcasts again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 11:53 AM

168 posts, read 506,160 times
How about these:

- Revco Drugstore
- The big dinosaur at Gooney Golf on Independence
- Hot N Now
- The Scoreboard (best sports bar ever)
- Po Folks where your drink was in a mason jar
- City Fair
- Pterodactyl Club
- Camelot records
- Skate Palace on South Blvd
- The Intimate Book Shop at South Park (it had the upper and lower level)
- Piedmont Airlines (I actually saw one of their planes at the airport a couple weeks ago)
- Bush Stationers

Old 07-14-2010, 12:45 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,150,676 times
oooh ooooh, here's another one.

Curtosey Auto Sales:

Weeeeeeeeere Dealin'

Old 07-14-2010, 04:15 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Book shop at South Park, that's a good one.

What can I add?????

Being able to ride golf carts around Cornelius.
Raintree had one entrance.
Hotel downtown that was imploded years ago (can't remember name, Hotel Charlotte, maybe?)
Purina plant on North Tryon.
Heritage USA waterpark.
McAddenville not taking 3 hours to get through.
2-lane road to Lkae Wylie with no shopping centers.
Covered boat slips at Holiday Marina.
Man, there's so much stuff that I can see in my head but can't remember the names.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:26 PM

644 posts, read 1,431,474 times
.....If when you are tellinq someone directions...instead of sayin specifics (ie after the third liqht u make a riqht) you say over there......since when is 'over there' directions??.....lol...this is too funny....

.....You don't use ur turn siqnal

Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM

373 posts, read 1,472,422 times
Wow...this thread has brought back so many great memories. It's nice to know I'm not the only native left.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
Wow...this thread has brought back so many great memories. It's nice to know I'm not the only native left.
You are not alone! But we're a minority, that's for sure!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:26 PM

810 posts, read 2,293,241 times
I enjoy hearing about the older times. Anyone have before and after photos to go with your memories?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
I enjoy hearing about the older times. Anyone have before and after photos to go with your memories?
Most of my photos from 30 plus years ago were lost in a flood (1993) while I lived in Kansas! But I was sorting through some in a photo album this past weekend, and they are all pretty generic. You know the type - family and friends in front of houses, walls, trees -- or people on beaches or sitting on the side of a mountain.

I know there are folks out there somewhere who have photos w/ buildings in the background or from specific events. Maybe they will see this thread and post some for us.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I miss the drop bucket at Carowinds works similar to at county fairs the Gravitron.
Also I miss Monorail. Instead of light rail lets build monorail again except have it go from
485 light rail stop to Carowinds. Carowinds and Fiesta shopping mall merchants could pay for it.
They got rid of the Monorail at Carowinds?
If so , pitiful. That would be good to travel around town on. Too bad they don't see it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte