Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Juj, I have a different view of predestination that does not omit being predestinated or omit mans freewill choice.

Pre simply means before and destination means the destination you end up in.

We are given a choice between life and death

Life and death are the destinations man is headed for

But man is not headed for those destinations until after man has made his choice which road he will travel.

Thus these two road were predestined before man makes his choice, but man does not travel down either of those destinations until after man has made his choice.

The choice man makes determines which predestination man will travel.
That is just crazy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Great poem Roger. It reminds me of Romans 8:20-21...

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

There is hope for all creation!
What does all creation include?...

Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't understand your point. If you are saying Romans 8:20 is not referring to creation (ie. including all humans), I don't see it...

Are you saying Romans 8:20 is only referring to "nature"?
Or are you saying Romans 8:20 is only referring to some subset of humans, because 2 Cor 5:17 uses the word "creature" (ie. those who are a "new" creation")?

KJV says:
Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Clearly it is humans who have been subjected to VANITY. All humans are vain. And likewise, it is these same humans who will be delivered from this bondage and corruption. That's what it says.
All humans are not vain...

Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Lightbulb God and his plans according to the bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I have no right to question God or His plans...
GOD AND HIS PLANS TO SAVE ALL ACCORDING TO A LITERALLY (NOT INTERPRETIVELY) TRANSLATED BIBLE

First God chooses a firstfruits of election, a remnant chosen by grace out of each generation. Then, because of what Christ accomplished by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross, God saves all of the non-elect later, not by giving any of them a "chance," but by His sovereign grace.

TWO GOOD BIBLICAL EXPOSITIONS ON THE SUBJECT

GOD'S PLANS FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

and

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
GOD ALL IN ALL
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

Comment on "all humans are not vain."
Romans 3: 10-18
Notice it is referring to absolutely everyone.
That is the human condition until God rescues us by His sovereign grace.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 10-25-2010 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-26-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I can relate to poor Timmy, I had an 'unsaved' best friend take his own life when he was 28 years old. I was tormented by that for years (back when I believed in ET).

I also had a work friend die in a motorcycle accident before I ever witnessed to him. More torment. If only I had the nerve to talk to him about Jesus but I put it off.

If you believe in ET, I guess your Timmy scenario seems very plausible.

Thank God I've been rescued from that awful bondage.
And maybe UR was your way out of a guilty conscience....

Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
allenK893 !!! ... Three Thumbs Up For You !

Every knee shall bow and every tounge confess that "Jesus Christ" is Lord !!! What a day that will be !

This wisdom from the Holy Bible is of course foolishness to those whom are perishing !

Praise The Lord / Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
There we go changing scripture again...It is the Gospel that is foolishness to those that are perishing...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:20 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Lightbulb God and his plans according to the bible

Quote:
I have no right to question God or His plans...
GOD AND HIS PLANS TO SAVE ALL ACCORDING TO A LITERALLY (NOT INTERPRETIVELY) TRANSLATED BIBLE

First God chooses a firstfruits of election, a remnant chosen by grace out of each generation. Then, because of what Christ accomplished by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross, God saves all of the non-elect later, not by giving any of them a "chance," but by His sovereign grace.

and

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
GOD ALL IN ALL
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post

and

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
GOD ALL IN ALL

That's all right...I don't need any other source for God except the Bible...I study the Bible in the Greek and Hebrew...

Old 10-27-2010, 05:16 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Come now Richard, are you contradicting your own teaching by saying as much?

If you believe in predestination and in irresistible grace then you believe that no amount of bible thumping a person can make them "be saved".

Why have a guilty conscience if you believe someone has gone to hell and ET if God is the one who hardens and has mercy on whomever he chooses?

Old 10-27-2010, 05:22 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
And in any case, if you ask me, anyone who is profesing out of one side of their mouth that they love their enemies, and then professing out of the other side of their mouth that they believe Eternal Torment or even Annihilation is true justice, should have a guilty conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity