Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:04 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
How did I know you would refuse to consider and examine those scriptures? Because you are just one of the willingly ignorant, false teachers who have a hint of truth, (like satan) but have come preaching another gospel.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

You are not in scriptural alingment with the apostle Paul, Jesus or me. Deduct the rest from that scripture.

Goodbye.
Ya that’s it, ya got me.

I have heard legalism for my whole life, I know those out of context verses very well.

So how am I not in alignment with Paul when I just quoted a large chunk of PAULs letter to the Galatians that completely go against your gospel?

Take care, thanks for stopping by. I hope you get the front row at church tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 11:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 723,080 times
How? Because you continue to ignore most of the rest of his and Jesus commandments. That's how you are wrong and out of alingment. And it goes against my doctrine? All I have done is state the doctrine of Jesus and the apostles. God is not the author of confusion...you are only confused because you are void of understanding that is given through the spirit.

But I wasn't surprised that I had to explain THAT to ya as well.

Unsubscribing. Keep ignoring God's word and you WILL go to hell. And no, that does not make me happy.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:50 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
How? Because you continue to ignore most of the rest of his and Jesus commandments. That's how you are wrong and out of alingment. And it goes against my doctrine? All I have done is state the doctrine of Jesus and the apostles. God is not the author of confusion...you are only confused because you are void of understanding that is given through the spirit.

But I wasn't surprised that I had to explain THAT to ya as well.

Unsubscribing. Keep ignoring God's word and you WILL go to hell. And no, that does not make me happy.
Hmm you make a lot of assumptions and judgments based on zero information about me. I was chosen by God before the universe was created, I believe Jesus died on the cross for me and fulfilled the law, yet I am going to hell because I don't keep all 613 laws. Interesting.

I am not confused at all, my eyes have been opened to the truth that salvation is all about Jesus and nothing more. Even though you are confused by clinging to mans need to help God, I don't have a clue if you are going to hell or not, I am not God.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 AM

95 posts, read 162,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone!
Well, I'm starting a thread here, to share with everyone how Paul seems to have been preaching the Gospel in his era.
Now, before I start, I must say, that I am not part of any denomination. Therefore, I am not endorsing any church group or creed, I am only sharing what I am reading in the Bible.

Now,
Paul tells the reader in Romans 3, that people were accusing him of saying that the message of Christianity was basically saying, "sin as much as you want, it will only bring more glory to God!"
Now this is similar to what fundamentalist/traditional Christianity tells Universalists, and that is, "if everyone is going to be saved in the end, then why not sin??"
Of course, a question like this should never come from a Christian, one who has tasted of the heavenly gift!
But perhaps from a non-believer, this type of thinking might come up..

Now some people believe that Christ Jesus gives people the "chance" to be saved.
Other people believe that Christ will "eventually" save all people.
Still other people will tell you, that Paul's message to the world is nothing less than this: that Christ has saved everyone, period.

Romans 5 tells us some amazing things about the Power of Christ, and what exactly happened on Calvary.
The traditional Church has no problem telling people that they are sinners. This, they say, is a result of Adam's sin.

But what they cannot accept, is the "reverse" idea, and that is, that people are SAINTS, and this is because of what Christ (Adam 2) did.

Read Romans 5 again.
So here is that famous retort again, "well, then, why don't we just continue in sin?"
Paul had heard that question many times, and gives his answer in Romans 6! -If we have all died with Him (and all have indeed died), we shall all live with Him!

Be reconciled to God! He's already your Life, why not enjoy it??

Blessings,
brian
Beautifully articulated, Brian! We are nothing but undeserving recipients of God's grace fed by His Word and Sacraments.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Answer: Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Now, are you implying that everyone is automatically a saint of God?
I really hope I misunderstood you.

Mat 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

1Pe 2:9-10 [9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: [10] Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. --> Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?...

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I am just throwing a few of many scriptures out there. Fact is, without being born again of water and spirit, Jesus said that we cant see or enter the kingdom. If you or anyone belive that people are automatically saints, you are not a Christian [Christian = 'Christ-like'. He dosent believe it like that and HE make the rules.]

Forgive me if I misread you Brian! Hope to hear from ya. Take care man.
Hi again HolyNinja,
I see that my previous post didn't make much sense to you, and I don't want confusion, so I'm responding to this post again. Hopefully I will be clearer this time..!)

All mankind has died. The Word has been placed in the hearts of all men and women, and it is God who teaches us to hear Him within us.

So it is incorrect to condemn man, whom God made in His image. It is He who saves us, not ourselves.
He calls each individual in his own time; some at the sixth hour, some at the ninth hour, some at the last hour.

So those who you call "sinners" may receive the teachings of God and become greater than you or I.
It is not for us to judge. It is God who decides who and when.
If He called you and I, He can call all the rest.
And He will, because He IS love.

Blessings,
brian

Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,236 times
Quote:
Hi HolyNinja!
God must reveal Himself to mankind individually. Man does not have any "self-ability" to come to God, it is God who comes to man. brian
Brian,
I apologize for answering this so late in your thread. I personally believe that God gives every person on the face of the earth the ability to seek Him. Jer. 29: 13 says, ” And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” I believe that was the case with Cornelius in Romans, chapter 10, [1] There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
[2] A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
[3] He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
[4] And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
[5] And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:”
I believe that God knows when anyone on the face of the earth is “hungering and thirsting after righteousness,” as Cornelius was doing in his day. Our Saviour promised that these were the ones who would be filled (in Matt. 5:6). So man has to be “searching with all his heart,” then he will surely be called of God, who knows where and when to place that person on the earth so that he can become a part of God’s family, The arm of the Lord has not become short in our day, and He will not fail in finding every lost sheep who truly wants to be found.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 10-09-2010 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: repetition

Old 10-16-2010, 05:36 PM

43 posts, read 62,307 times
Default Just this...

Do unto others as you would have done to you.
Trust and Believe.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySweetLips View Post
Do unto others as you would have done to you.
Trust and Believe.
The crux!

Old 10-17-2010, 03:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Brian,
I apologize for answering this so late in your thread. I personally believe that God gives every person on the face of the earth the ability to seek Him. Jer. 29: 13 says, ” And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” I believe that was the case with Cornelius in Romans, chapter 10, [1] There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
[2] A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
[3] He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
[4] And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
[5] And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:”
I believe that God knows when anyone on the face of the earth is “hungering and thirsting after righteousness,” as Cornelius was doing in his day. Our Saviour promised that these were the ones who would be filled (in Matt. 5:6). So man has to be “searching with all his heart,” then he will surely be called of God, who knows where and when to place that person on the earth so that he can become a part of God’s family, The arm of the Lord has not become short in our day, and He will not fail in finding every lost sheep who truly wants to be found.
Hi Robert,
I too apologize for responding so late!..
I understand your belief, that God "responds" if we "ask."
I used to believe the same thing, and I found that that caused me to despise my fellow man, as well as puff up my spiritual pride.

Spiritual pride is a BIG problem in Christendom. I'd say it's perhaps the MAIN problem in the church. I'm in, you're out. I did the right thing, what about you, lost one??

So the pride that that docrine put in my heart is the confirmation that it is incorrect FOR ME. It took years to admit it, and I am embarrassed to admit it. I was convinced I was right, yet I couldn't ignore the pride in me, it was tripping me up.

God made me and you. When you look in the mirror, what you see is not anything you did, but what HE did. That should let you know that He is already in control.
What do you have, that has not been given to you?? If you have faith, it is only because it has been given to you, it is nothing you have of yourself.

And all of us humans are in the same boat. From Hitler to the Dalai Lama, we have all been created, and are His.

That's why I believe that God has reconciled the world to Himself through Jesus Christ. Man had nothing to do with it, it's His work alone.

Many don't realize the gift of Christ that is in them. This is the travesty of our "Christian" age!

Blessings to you brother!
Brian

Old 10-25-2010, 04:49 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,236 times
Quote:
Hi Robert,
I too apologize for responding so late!..
I understand your belief, that God "responds" if we "ask."
I used to believe the same thing, and I found that that caused me to despise my fellow man, as well as puff up my spiritual pride.

Spiritual pride is a BIG problem in Christendom. I'd say it's perhaps the MAIN problem in the church. I'm in, you're out. I did the right thing, what about you, lost one??

So the pride that that docrine put in my heart is the confirmation that it is incorrect FOR ME. It took years to admit it, and I am embarrassed to admit it. I was convinced I was right, yet I couldn't ignore the pride in me, it was tripping me up.

God made me and you. When you look in the mirror, what you see is not anything you did, but what HE did. That should let you know that He is already in control.
What do you have, that has not been given to you?? If you have faith, it is only because it has been given to you, it is nothing you have of yourself.

And all of us humans are in the same boat. From Hitler to the Dalai Lama, we have all been created, and are His.

That's why I believe that God has reconciled the world to Himself through Jesus Christ. Man had nothing to do with it, it's His work alone.

Many don't realize the gift of Christ that is in them. This is the travesty of our "Christian" age!

Blessings to you brother!
Brian
Hi Brian,
Another late post.
I agree that God is in control, but I don't believe He has to do everything. I quote again Jer. 29: 13, ” And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
Paul says in Rom. 6 that we have to become obedient to righteousnss to be saved:
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
If we are servants of sin, Satan still has us. If we are obedient unto righteousness, we belong to Jesus, who said in Matt:6[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Your reasoning begins to sound as if God does not give men the ability to choose for themselves (a Calvinistic doctrine.) If I'm wrong, let me know what you think.
Best wishes in our search for God's truth,
Bob

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 10-25-2010 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: clarification
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity