Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And in no way would i say one christian is better than the other , it's just one understands He was totally helpless and bankrupt concerning his salvation and it took something supernatural for him to believe and have his eyes opened to enable that God given faith within , which is in all of us , rather than , i had to make a choice between Jesus and eternal torment or Heaven and eternal torment . When are ours are opened to Him we cannot help but believe. I was blind but now i see , see what ?
I completely agree. Like you say, the difference between "Christians" and the rest, is that the first one has been shown by God his condition. The other just doesn't know it (yet).

May the Lord open all our eyes soon!
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:02 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
I would like to step in on the behalf of the Fundamentalist......

No, God said, "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

And also it is God who has said, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

What you are posting is not the truth of the Fundamentalist..... !!
They're speaking and sharing the very word of God (as shown above) and what He says about when one seeks Him with all their heart and that the heart is deceitful and beyond cure !!

There is nothing deceiving or slick about that...... are you not being deceptive in your post against the Fundamentalist by making that statement ???

Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

Jesus speaks to us through His word, scripture and if anything enters the mind or heart other then His word trying to lead one astray they will know it is deception.
That is how we know if it is the heart of flesh or the voice of God, His Holy Spirit will always bring God's word to our hearts to discern truth from error and it will definitely be in line with His word !!!
Because the heart will deceive one, there is enough proof here in this forum with false teaching and teachers.

This is why it is so important too... Hide the word of God in our hearts....... !!!

Love this scripture....

Psalm 119:10-18
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

Amen......

Rom 3:10-18
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that does good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Destruction and misery are in their ways:
And the way of peace have they not known:
There is no fear of God before their eyes.

The truth is, the only people who seek after God are those who have already been quickened by the spirit of God. It is God who works within us both to will and do his good pleasure.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:20 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. - Job 1:1

After the devil brought destruction upon Job, the Word of God declares:

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. - Job 1:22

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. - Job 2:3

Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM

122 posts, read 191,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Rom 3:10-18
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understands,there is none that seeks after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that does good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Destruction and misery are in their ways:
And the way of peace have they not known:
There is no fear of God before their eyes.

The truth is, the only people who seek after God are those who have already been quickened by the spirit of God. It is God who works within us both to will and do his good pleasure.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
I would like to step in on the behalf of the Fundamentalist......

No, God said, "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

And also it is God who has said, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

What you are posting is not the truth of the Fundamentalist..... !!
They're speaking and sharing the very word of God (as shown above) and what He says about when one seeks Him with all their heart and that the heart is deceitful and beyond cure !!

There is nothing deceiving or slick about that...... are you not being deceptive in your post against the Fundamentalist by making that statement ???

Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

Jesus speaks to us through His word, scripture and if anything enters the mind or heart other then His word trying to lead one astray they will know it is deception.
That is how we know if it is the heart of flesh or the voice of God, His Holy Spirit will always bring God's word to our hearts to discern truth from error and it will definitely be in line with His word !!!
Because the heart will deceive one, there is enough proof here in this forum with false teaching and teachers.

This is why it is so important too... Hide the word of God in our hearts....... !!!

Love this scripture....

Psalm 119:10-18
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

Amen......
Loveladybugs . The scripture you quoted from Jer 29 was prophesized to Israel,who had it bred into to them about seeking after him , but their history proves they rarely did seek him and rarely did find Him and the hearts of the alienated Gentile are no different grom that of the people of the nation of Israel.

Now let's see what the prophet Isaiah said about us Gentiles and seeking him in Isaiah 65:1
I am sort of them that asked not for me,I am found of them that sought me not,i said Here am I, Here am I !!!!!, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

We also no that the scripture tells us there is none that seek after God.It's a hard one to swallow when we believe we sought after him , when the word of God says we didn't.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:49 PM

LoveLadyBugs,

I admit willingly that I am not righteous, and that i am a sinner(though it is no longer i that sin but sin that is in me) and did not seek God. I am honest about my sin and the fact that it was God who Chose me and worked in me to will and do his good pleasure.

I look in that mirror every day, and i am always conscious of my weakness and of the fact that i in no way shape form or fashion deserve the grace of God or his free gift of salvation.

Do you look in that mirror?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
LoveLadyBugs,

I admit willingly that I am not righteous, and that i am a sinner(though it is no longer i that sin but sin that is in me) and did not seek God. I am honest about my sin and the fact that it was God who Chose me and worked in me to will and do his good pleasure.
1 Corinthians 6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
1 Corinthians 6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Thanks God Jesus is my righteousness!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
1 Corinthians 6

Rom 7:20
Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Rom 7:24-25
What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Rom 4:5
However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Do you believe that God justifies the wicked?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Rom 7:20
Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Rom 7:24-25
What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Rom 4:5
However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Do you believe that God justifies the wicked?
God tells me not to be deceived by vain words. Also, Romans 7 is dealing with Paul's old man, not His new nature in Christ. Your doctrine will try to refute that, but I listen to Him only -- not the theories of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity