Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:03 AM

122 posts, read 191,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
FYI, it is not just UR's who beleive that, many of us believe that it is all about Jesus and not about what we do. Our fruit is love, not a checklist.

If you follow the love of Jesus you not going to want to continue in your sin, now are you ?

That's right it's not about a checklist, it's about respect, love, obeying the Lord and honoring what He has come to do..... to deliver us from our sin and forsaking it !!

The fruit of the Spirit is more then just love.......

Gal.5:19-26
19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 11:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
FYI, it is not just UR's who beleive that, many of us believe that it is all about Jesus and not about what we do. Our fruit is love, not a checklist.
Exactly, love does no harm to our neighbor so love is the fullfilment of the law. Not i no longer do this or that , and i no longer sin .

Scripture also says "whatever is not from faith is sin" , the believers faith is in His grace , so if his (the believer) faith is in His grace , he is not sinning.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
If you follow the love of Jesus you not going to want to continue in your sin, now are you ?

That's right it's not about a checklist, it's about respect, love, obeying the Lord and honoring what He has come to do..... to deliver us from our sin and forsaking it !!
Obedience is the result of love. No obedience, no love.

Matthew 15
[7] Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
[8] This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9] But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Amen! This is a great post that should be framed! The hypocrisy of UR is so evident to those with spiritual eyes -- and any other doctrine that does not believe in living free from sin.
So you too agree with falsely accusing your neighbor ? Those who believe in UR have not said or believe any of the false accusations that you agree to made by loveladybugs.

Quoting Romans 6 does not mean you are living in victory by faith too.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
Default Adam and Eve made excuses , we all see where that got them.

If one is looking for excuses they fall into the same boat of rebellion.
Early in Paul's ministry in the book of Acts , Paul taught repentance.
If you bother to read all that Jesus taught and the book of revelations, you will see a much different picture. but iff all you are doing is looking for excuses , you won't see the forest for the trees. No one can show it to you , no amount of discussion will reveal it to you.
I suggest you stick with the things Jesus taught .

Old 10-28-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Obedience is the result of love. No obedience, no love.

Matthew 15
[7] Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
[8] This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9] But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Love does no harm to it's neighbor , therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13 verse 10

Old 10-28-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If one is looking for excuses they fall into the same boat of rebellion.
Early in Paul's ministry in the book of Acts , Paul taught repentance.
If you bother to read all that Jesus taught and the book of revelations, you will see a much different picture. but iff all you are doing is looking for excuses , you won't see the forest for the trees. No one can show it to you , no amount of discussion will reveal it to you.
I suggest you stick with the things Jesus taught .
AMEN !!
Tried to rep but it told me to spread the love around....

Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
The more the sin, the more the grace

Let's see.......

The teaching of Universalism continually say that God initiates everything about the individuals relationship with Him, rightly so.... this teaching is constantly boasting about how powerful God is...... rightly so !!

My question is, why continue to sin?
And mock those who want God's grace, His love to keep them from sin......

If God chose you and works in you to will and do His good pleasure...... then why does universalism deny His work, especially of delivering us from sin, sanctifying one NOW ?

The scripture specifically teach us it is God's will for us to cease from our sin.... For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.(Rom.6:14), amen.......also we are not to give our selves over to unrighteousness and use our minds, bodies for sins purpose. We are to go From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God

Jesus said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. (John 8:38).

Romans 6:1-2
[ Dead to Sin, Alive to God ] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

Romans 6:6-7
knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Romans 6:10-18
10. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
13. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
14. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
15. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!
16. Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?
17. But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
18. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Jesus also said on many of occasions to different people.... "Go and Sin no more."
John 5:14
Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”

John 8:11
She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

Also David of many individuals witness the power of God and said.......
Psalm 19:13
Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

So if Christ is in you then you are dead to sin and He gives you the power to rise and live above your sin..... universalism ignores Him and are not depending, trusting, believing that the Holy Spirit who has sealed us for that day of redemption and whom is suppose to be in you, which the scripture says, He that is in you is greater then he that is in the world.......
Why keep acting upon the flesh and life making the statement that He is not greater and more powerful then ones sin ???

Just like the scripture says, "This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. (Matt.15:8)
Also in.....Ezek.33:3 "They come to you as people come, and sit before you as My people and hear your words, but they do not do them, for they do the lustful desires expressed by their mouth, and their heart goes after their gain.

Universalism keeps boasting how God is all powerful and He is working His will in their lives and yet when it comes to ceasing, repenting from sin they say things like.....
~ I'm just human,
~ I'm a sinner can't help it,
~ or it is no longer i that sin but sin that is in me,

...... all that is, is making excuses too deny His power now and continue in the lust of the flesh (sin) which is actually saying God is not powerful enough to keep one from sinning.
Everytime one acts upon some sin, that one is denying God's truth about His power ???? I don't get it...

Universalism mocks everyone who trustes God for their sin to deliver them and keep them from the power of the flesh and sins grip. It doesn't make sense !!

I mean that is the whole concept of Christ coming to this world is to deliver us from our sin, the power of darkness and give us His light, life and deliver us into the promises of God's hope and glory through Him, Jesus Christ, who is our Atonement for our sin now which will lead us toward our inheritance, eternal life !!!

Romans 7 answers your questions and puts all the verses you quoted above into perspective ...

When we are born again of the spirit, we acknowledge that the law of sin is Good, but sin is still in the members of our corrupt bodies. So when we acknowledge that sin is sin, it is no longer we that are sinning, but it is the sin that dwells in our bodies that continues to sin.

One who is in complete bondage to sin, who is a slave to sin, does not even acknowledge sin.

That is why Paul wrote ...

Romans 7:22-25

So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Until we are resurrected in incorruptible bodies, we will always have sin in our lives because sin is in the very members of our corruptible bodies.

That is why we get frustrated, and lose patience, and are sometimes easily angered, and sometimes proud and boisterous, and sometimes spiteful, and sometimes arrogant, and sometimes lustful, and some times hateful, and sometimes liars, and sometimes doubters, and sometimes rude, and sometimes violent ... etc.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:

The fruit of the Spirit is more then just love.......

Gal.5:19-26
19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
To get the full picture, read from verse 1 BTW.

He delivered us from sin on the cross, righteousness was imputed to us that second. It is not about what he will do but what he did.

I would never be so boastful as to claim that I am free of sin unless I am being looked at and judged from God, then he will see me completely sin free because he sees Jesus on the Cross.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
To get the full picture, read from verse 1 BTW.

He delivered us from sin on the cross, righteousness was imputed to us that second. It is not about what he will do but what he did.

I would never be so boastful as to claim that I am free of sin unless I am being looked at and judged from God, then he will see me completely sin free because he sees Jesus on the Cross.
Whatever, continue on !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity