Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
He said Few there are that are finding it (referring to the gate):
But God shall eventually bring all to a lasting peace and happiness in due time.
tretep; where in the Bible does it say that ALL will come to a good end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Yes, I sure do look in the mirror and since I have repented of my sin, Christ who has forgiven me and has entered into my heart and life, I see/hear what He sees and then what He says to me......

Ps.139:13-14
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

John 16:27
For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.

John 1:12
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him

Psalm 128:1
Blessed is every one who fears the LORD,Who walks in His ways.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Song of Solomon 2:4
He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,Who seek Him with the whole heart!

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Deut.33:3
Yes, He loves the people; All His saints are in Your hand; They sit down at Your feet; Everyone receives Your words.

I Peter 5:7
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Philippians 2:15
that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Psalm 68:19
Blessed be the Lord,Who daily loads us with benefits,The God of our salvation! Selah

Need I too go on........ there are so many scripture that Jesus blesses me with every time I look into that mirror !!!

Oh, yeah, another thing.....
God also says that if anyone touches me, touches the apple of His eye !! That says to me, that I am very special to Him......
Zec.2:8
for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.
I am glad that you are happy and know that god loves you.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Yes, I sure do look in the mirror and since I have repented of my sin, Christ who has forgiven me and has entered into my heart and life, I see/hear what He sees and then what He says to me......

Ps.139:13-14
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

John 16:27
For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.

John 1:12
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him

Psalm 128:1
Blessed is every one who fears the LORD,Who walks in His ways.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Song of Solomon 2:4
He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,Who seek Him with the whole heart!

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Deut.33:3
Yes, He loves the people; All His saints are in Your hand; They sit down at Your feet; Everyone receives Your words.

I Peter 5:7
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Philippians 2:15
that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Psalm 68:19
Blessed be the Lord,Who daily loads us with benefits,The God of our salvation! Selah

Need I too go on........ there are so many scripture that Jesus blesses me with every time I look into that mirror !!!

Oh, yeah, another thing.....
God also says that if anyone touches me, touches the apple of His eye !! That says to me, that I am very special to Him......
Zec.2:8
for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.

Now, i am curious what you intended to say by bolding and underlining the last half of the passage of scripture i quoted ...

Quote:
Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Destruction and misery are in their ways:
And the way of peace have they not known:
There is no fear of God before their eyes.
And then by posting the image of a mirror ...

What hare you trying to say?

Do you care to come out and say it directly with words?

You do realize that Paul wrote those words in reference to every human being(beside Christ) who will ever live, including you, don't you?

Are you trying to say that You never sin anymore now that you have repented of your sin?

Do you deny that No one seeks after God as the scripture i posted plainly states? I noticed you did not respond to that ... Care to?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
tretep; where in the Bible does it say that ALL will come to a good end?
Robert,
(just a note, even though I'm not tretep..)

There are many places in the Bible which declare that all things will come to a Good End in God.

However, I think that before trying to see how God will actually save everyone, it would be good to consider one thing:

there are basically two doctrines that we are dealing with, when we talk about Universal Salvation:

one says that God has given man a "chance" to save himself;

the other says that God has done something through the gift of His Son which will save all mankind from the condemnation that He put mankind in.

They are two very different views of God, God's intentions for mankind, and how God deals with His creatures made in His image.

Romans 5, to me, shows the beautiful plan for ALL mankind, as God has planned from the foundation of the world.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Bob,
Excellent post!

The revelations of the apostles of the NT were higher than those of Jesus.
Hi Brian, let's take one item at the time. IMO the apostles never contradicted their Lord and Master. Scriptures, rightly understood do not contradict themselves.

Quote:
Jesus said that He had MANY things to say to them, but they were not ready. Peter's revelation in Acts is an example of this.
True; Jesus did not predict the revelations of Acts 10, but this was not a contradiction in any way. It was a fulfillment of an OT prophesy in which the Gentiles came into the faith.

Quote:
Doing HIS will means knowing and following the Anointing in our hearts. Not all know Him now, but death is not the end of the story.
This sounds like a Mormon (or Catholic) doctrine. Where is anything in scriptures that anyone comes into salvation after death?

Quote:
Now let me ask you: Is Christianity today, in all it's divisions, tithe-taking, and power-mongering, walking in the Spirit of God? Are they doing the will of God?
I say that they are not; I see a very different picture, I care not what they "parrot" in their assemblies.
See my first post on thread, "are Denominations in keeping with the will of God?" I agree with you that all the divisions are absolutely not in keeping with the will of God, especially the "once saved, always saved" doctrine, which contradicts the words of Jesus, "He that endures to the end shall be saved," and the words in Rev. 2, "Be thou faithful until death; and I will give thee a crown of life."

Quote:
The only One who is doing the will of God, imo, is the Anointing, the Christ. It is the only thing that can cause man to walk righteously towards God and his fellow man. It has nothing to do with the strength of the flesh. I speak from experience.

It has nothing to do with people "choosing this or that gate or road." It is God who reveals His Son in people as individuals, and we have no right to condemn other people who do not believe in Jesus, it is not their responsability.
I believe there are people in our own day who are "hungering and thirsting after righteousness" and Jesus promises "they SHALL be filled" Matt. 5"6. They may be few and far between, but I believe they will all be filled with the Holy Spirit, and Paul says in Rom 8:9, "If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His."

In his closing remarks in Josh 24, Joshua said, "Thus saith the Lord God of Israel ------- [15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
He is still giving us the freedom of choice, whether we accept the responsibility or not.

Quote:
God put all mankind into Adam, and He will put all men in Christ. The whole deal is His planning, not ours.
Where is there anything in the Bible that says all is done by God?
Best wishes as we seek for God's truth.
Bob

Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Bob

Ephesians 1 verse 11 says He works all things after the counsel of His own will

Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Word of God does not contradict Itself. It's your theories of what the Word conveys that contradict itself. Paul said that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God. That's the Word of God, not the theories of flesh pleasers. As such, Paul was not a sinning Christian, no matter how much you try to interpret the Scriptures to conform to the flesh.

Ephesians 5
[1] Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
[2] And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
[3] But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
[4] Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
[5] For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
[6] Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
[7] Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

You're either righteous or unrighteous. You're either a child of God or a child of the devil. You're either on the narrow road to heaven or the broad road to hell. It's all in whom you obey.

Romans 6
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

You are simply in denial, and thus you cannot accept the scriptures for what they actually teach. You must invent false meaning and believe that instead, in order to feel and think that you are superior to everyone else around you whom you deem to be unrighteous sinners.

If anyone is righteous, it is because of the work of Christ on the cross and their faith in him and in HIS work, and not because of their own work. Our most righteous works, yours included, are as menstrual rags to God.

You are a sinner, and without faith that Christ justifies the wicked, you are not righteous.

You may believe you are not a sinner and that you are righteous by your works. But according to your words, i believe you are one of the greatest sinners on this forum, and that your false piety and self righteousness will be rejected by God.

Only when you humble yourself and beg for mercy while acknowledging that you are a sinner will you be justified, but because you are sanctimonious like the pharisee in the parable of the tax collector and the pharisee, you will be abased.

Just my two cents ...

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Hi Brian, let's take one item at the time. IMO the apostles never contradicted their Lord and Master. Scriptures, rightly understood do not contradict themselves.

Agreed! The scriptures do not contradict themselves. What changes over time, is the understandings that God gives us concerning His character and plans for mankind/the ages.
The OT told the Israelites that they must seek God within their hearts, but there were probably very few who could hear that. All part of God's plan for that period.

True; Jesus did not predict the revelations of Acts 10, but this was not a contradiction in any way. It was a fulfillment of an OT prophesy in which the Gentiles came into the faith.

Imo, it was more than that. This was the doing away with of circumcision, food limitations, etc. While Jesus was in his flesh, He could not tell the disciples/people everything of God's plans, because they were not ready. (Again, part of God's timing.)

This sounds like a Mormon (or Catholic) doctrine. Where is anything in scriptures that anyone comes into salvation after death?

I don't know what you call it either, except that God's character is one of mercy, love and forgiveness. Death frees us from sin. God has the power to convert the sinner, just as He did with Saul. He's not "limited" or "bound" by anything.

See my first post on thread, "are Denominations in keeping with the will of God?" I agree with you that all the divisions are absolutely not in keeping with the will of God, especially the "once saved, always saved" doctrine, which contradicts the words of Jesus, "He that endures to the end shall be saved," and the words in Rev. 2, "Be thou faithful until death; and I will give thee a crown of life."

Wonderful verses! God will crown man when He casts the serpent out of His garden (man).

I believe there are people in our own day who are "hungering and thirsting after righteousness" and Jesus promises "they SHALL be filled" Matt. 5"6. They may be few and far between, but I believe they will all be filled with the Holy Spirit, and Paul says in Rom 8:9, "If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His."

In his closing remarks in Josh 24, Joshua said, "Thus saith the Lord God of Israel ------- [15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
He is still giving us the freedom of choice, whether we accept the responsibility or not.

I don't believe God is interested in our "freedom" as we generally understand it. What He requires is HIS will to be done, and the only way for this to happen is for Him to manifest Himself to us, one by one, within us, and reveal His Son in us (who waits as a Seed until He comes to us). He knows His creatures very well, and is not leaving things to chance regarding us and our eternal home.

Jesus revealed the Adamic nature as only He could do. And that nature has been passed on to all mankind. Romans 5: "Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

He saved us, He will save the rest! Amen!

Best wishes as we seek for God's truth.
Bob
Blessings to you too,
Brian

Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are simply in denial, and thus you cannot accept the scriptures for what they actually teach. You must invent false meaning and believe that instead, in order to feel and think that you are superior to everyone else around you whom you deem to be unrighteous sinners.

If anyone is righteous, it is because of the work of Christ on the cross and their faith in him and in HIS work, and not because of their own work. Our most righteous works, yours included, are as menstrual rags to God.

You are a sinner, and without faith that Christ justifies the wicked, you are not righteous.

You may believe you are not a sinner and that you are righteous by your works. But according to your words, i believe you are one of the greatest sinners on this forum, and that your false piety and self righteousness will be rejected by God.

Only when you humble yourself and beg for mercy while acknowledging that you are a sinner will you be justified, but because you are sanctimonious like the pharisee in the parable of the tax collector and the pharisee, you will be abased.

Just my two cents ...
Tell us how you really feel. :-)

I think that one of the most damaging things to happen to Christians in the last few years is the What Would Jesus Do (WWJD) bracelets. They have completely taken the focus off of what Jesus DID and put our salvation back on us. This of course keeps people in bondage, either miserable that they can’t overcome sin, or self righteous in their own good deeds, both are very negative. To coin a popular phrase here, I think WWJD is a lie form the pit of hell!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince
Brian, you did not separate my remarks from yours, so I will put your remarks in purple as you did, and mine will be black.

[quote=ahigherway;16420766]
Agreed! The scriptures do not contradict themselves. What changes over time, is the understandings that God gives us concerning His character and plans for mankind/the ages.
The OT told the Israelites that they must seek God within their hearts, but there were probably very few who could hear that. All part of God's plan for that period. [/Quote}

I say that God is immutable (the same yesterday, today, and forever) He may change some tactics depending upon what His omniscient foreknowledge shows how man's free agency can best be used to further the attaining the goals God set from the beginning of the world.

Jesus did not predict the revelations of Acts 10, but this was not a contradiction in any way. It was a fulfillment of an OT prophesy in which the Gentiles came into the faith.
Quote:
Quote:
Imo, it was more than that. This was the doing away with of circumcision, food limitations, etc. While Jesus was in his flesh, He could not tell the disciples/people everything of God's plans, because they were not ready. (Again, part of God's timing.) [/quote]

I partially agree with your assessment.

I don't know what you call it either, except that God's character is one of mercy, love and forgiveness. Death frees us from sin. God has the power to convert the sinner, just as He did with Saul. He's not "limited" or "bound" by anything. [/quote]
Saul was not converted after death. He was very much converted while living, fully thinking already that he was acting upon the will of God and immediately calling Jesus Lord when he was struck down on the road to Damascus.
The Psalms tell us that God's mercy endureth forever, but the wrath of God is something you fail to address.

Wonderful verses! God will crown man when He casts the serpent out of His garden (man). [/quote]
Nowhere in scriptures will you read of God converting every one of Adam's family. Our Savior said in John 3:[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

I don't believe God is interested in our "freedom" as we generally understand it. What He requires is HIS will to be done, and the only way for this to happen is for Him to manifest Himself to us, one by one, within us, and reveal His Son in us (who waits as a Seed until He comes to us). He knows His creatures very well, and is not leaving things to chance regarding us and our eternal home. [/quote]

You are in agreement with the Calvinist doctrine (which says God condemns the majority of humans to go to hell eternally without any consideration of God's foreknowledge of those who will be saved and those who will refuse to repent.) I believe the passage which says that "God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentence." But God does not force any man to repent (Saul thought he was doing God's will by persecuting Christians and immediately repented when he was struck down.)

Jesus revealed the Adamic nature as only He could do. And that nature has been passed on to all mankind. Romans 5: "Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."
He saved us, He will save the rest! Amen. [/quote] =ahigherway;16420766]

I took the liberty of underlinng your quote which says MANY, not ALL. Whether you believe it or not the choice is in our corner.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 10-27-2010 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: clarification
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity