Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 11:48 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Yea, I am sure this isn't talking about the order of the resurrection of BELIEVERS,,,, who had faith.
It is talking about Both.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus said many will not be saved. When the door is closed, they will stand outside but the owner will not let them in. Jesus spoke often about those who enter, and those who are left outside. If you don't want to believe it, then don't.
Its not a question of belief. Its a question of understanding the facts of the text - and the facts are He was speaking of present tense. In Jesus day, there were few that were being saved. Throughout history, there are few that are being saved. In future decades and centuries to come, there will probably be few saved then as well.

However we know IN THE END - God will be all in all. IN THE END - God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. IN THE END - every knee will bow, every tongue confess and swear allegiance. IN THE END - everyone will worship and praise Him joyfully. IN THE END - God will have reconciled ALL THINGS to Himself. God has sworn it will happen. God doesn't lie.

Its not hard to understand.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

(when does the door get shut? when the master OF THE HOUSE has SHUT the door.) Jesus is STILL building that House even as of right now. For that house is His House the Temple of God. So this is definately a reference to the time when Christ has established the HOUSE. We know that when that door is shut will be the reign of Christ for 1000 years. At this time there is PAYMENT for sins.

Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Judgement being cast and the realization of where one stood in regards to their Faith:

Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Something anew here we can see that the DOOR must have been reopened:

Luk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

So what is LAST is actually what is FIRST (the Chosen) and then those that were FIRST shall now be last (the unchosen).
The door is open today, and it is shut at death. Every man is destined to die once and then face jugment. The rich man in Hades also wanted to come to the good side, but Abraham told him it is impossible. Once you die in your sins, it is too late.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Seems like He is going to save many. You know: many, as in a very large amount of people. The same very large amount of people who were made sinners... ie. all people except for Jesus Himself...

Old 12-08-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Its not a question of belief. Its a question of understanding the facts of the text - and the facts are He was speaking of present tense. In Jesus day, there were few that were being saved.
Only a few? And what happened to the rest? I am sure you are not trying to say that they were all saved before they died.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
The door is open today, and it is shut at death. Every man is destined to die once and then face jugment. The rich man in Hades also wanted to come to the good side, but Abraham told him it is impossible. Once you die in your sins, it is too late.
And here we go in circles again. YES judgment happens at death. Not eternal condemnation. Judgment is a good thing because it teaches people righteousness.

Guess what - all will be made righteous through Jesus!

You err because you think judgement="eternal condemnation".

Old 12-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Only a few? And what happened to the rest? I am sure you are not trying to say that they were all saved before they died.
Did you actually read my whole post or do you just read the first sentence and stop there?

You ask what happened to the rest? They died. They will be resurrected to judgment and eventually be reconciled to God because we know IN THE END - God will be all in all. IN THE END - God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. IN THE END - every knee will bow, every tongue confess and swear allegiance. IN THE END - everyone will worship and praise Him joyfully. IN THE END - God will have reconciled ALL THINGS to Himself. God has sworn it will happen. God doesn't lie.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:07 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

What about those that already went through Judgement?

Old 12-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

What about those that already went through Judgement?
Simple, judgment teaches righteousness...
Judgment is for correction. When you are corrected, you have been shown the right way... ie. righteousness.

But I'm not sure what Finn's answer would be.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
And here we go in circles again. YES judgment happens at death. Not eternal condemnation. Judgment is a good thing because it teaches people righteousness.

Guess what - all will be made righteous through Jesus!

You err because you think judgement="eternal condemnation".
I guess you'll just have to omit the closed door with people standing outside.

I didn't say a word about eternal condemnation. For someone who dies in sin, the path is as follows:

- Birth
- Life
- Physical death
- Hades
- Judgment
- Lake of fire

When you die physical death without being saved, the door is shut, and there is no entry to the presence of the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity