Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry, but this talks about Isreal and Judea coming together and electing a leader to rule them both.

If you don't want to think Jesus's words apply to today, then by all means, don't believe it.
No Finn_Jarber, I want you to think that Jesus words apply to when He said they apply according to the Tenses that He used.

Now about your comments about the Hos 1:10, can you tell me WHEN that happened? Was it in the PAST or will it be in the FUTURE?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Many will not be saved at that time.
many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
No Finn_Jarber, I want you to think that Jesus words apply to when He said they apply according to the Tenses that He used.
There were things I asked you to think about too, and you refused.

This this game of "Simon Says" is over.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:20 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Lightbulb Salavation out of the lake of fire which is the 2nd death

Quote:
many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
Many will be thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.
But everyone who is thrown into the lake of fire will be saved out of it.

L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - Part 3
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire part 4

Old 12-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

(when does the door get shut? when the master OF THE HOUSE has SHUT the door.) Jesus is STILL building that House even as of right now. For that house is His House the Temple of God. So this is definately a reference to the time when Christ has established the HOUSE. We know that when that door is shut will be the reign of Christ for 1000 years. At this time there is PAYMENT for sins.

Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Judgement being cast and the realization of where one stood in regards to their Faith:

Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Something anew here we can see that the DOOR must have been reopened:

Luk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

So what is LAST is actually what is FIRST (the Chosen) and then those that were FIRST shall now be last (the unchosen).

Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
There were things I asked you to think about too, and you refused.

This this game of "Simon Says" is over.
In what Post?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
They will add to His words, or manipulate them beyond belief, or believe some other false prophet. They think all mankind will be like Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. Sadly, they just cannot see that this is not the case.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

(when does the door get shut? when the master OF THE HOUSE has SHUT the door.) Jesus is STILL building that House even as of right now. For that house is His House the Temple of God. So this is definately a reference to the time when Christ has established the HOUSE. We know that when that door is shut will be the reign of Christ for 1000 years. At this time there is PAYMENT for sins.

Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Judgement being cast and the realization of where one stood in regards to their Faith:

Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Something anew here we can see that the DOOR must have been reopened:

Luk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

So what is LAST is actually what is FIRST (the Chosen) and then those that were FIRST shall now be last (the unchosen).
Yea, I am sure this isn't talking about the order of the resurrection of BELIEVERS,,,, who had faith.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Lightbulb Salvation out of the lake of fire which is the 2nd death

Quote:
SALVATION OUT OF THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH

Here's a snippet from J. Preston Eby's
THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH

"To quote the timely words of Ray Prinzing once more:
We see the victory of the ultimate, a complete triumph over death, first death, second death, ALL DEATH to ultimately be brought to an end."

The Lake of Fire: The Prodigal Son; God Gains Attention;The Lake Of Fire;The Second Death;Not Hurt Of The Second Death;Tormented In The Presence Of The Lamb

Old 12-08-2010, 11:41 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Shhh, Finn. Don't use Jesus' words on them. Use Paul's, as they are easy to understand. Ask Peter this point. Why would they need to believe our King.
So instead you choose to believe that the apostle Paul (who wrote a majority of the bible - the word of God) contradicts Jesus' words? I don't get it. Is that the point you are trying to make? The apostle Paul was wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity