Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,421,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post

God has now for a long time been about the work of bringing down the USA.
AS the citizens have continued to forsake God in even greater numbers over the years, our debt has grown, social problems and crime have grown drastically, our military power is now in decline, we are more and more at war within our borders. Our country will continue to decline in power and prosperity, our major cities will continue to deteriorate. Jobs will move overseas, unemployment grow, and increases in those dependent on govt. checks will continue to grow. The days of the USA empire are numbered.

I should add that the legalization of abortion, (murder of unborn children) was far worse.
You'd think God would have destroyed us when we allowed vile slavery to exist in our country, what with all the routine whippings, tortures, rapes, and murders that accompanied it . . . not to mention the more basic crime of thinking God condoned owning another human being.

But he did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,421,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

It is the wish of fundamentalist ideologues to be punished or enjoy punishment of others. It seems to be an erotic fantasy.

I say this because the idea of punishment seems to ooze from the pores of this ideology.

Truer words were never spoken.
"The best thing about the Left Behind books is the way the non-Christians get their guts pulled out by God."
— 15-year old fundamentalist fan of the Left Behind series
A must read: What the 'Left Behind' Series Really Means - Joe Bageant

Old 06-29-2015, 01:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
America is a continent; the US is a country.

I always wonder why christians think they own marriage.
Don't you know that marriage and unions of this sort predate all religions by thousands of years and that same-sex unions existed all over the planet before christianity took over the world?

It had more to do with surviving.
lol yes, we are so great we da continent too!! or is that incontinent... ... lol

yeah, being gay was here long before the first human. It saves energy having the male and female based off the same frame work. But, when we make the life form, in less than 100 years, it won't matter anyhoo.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL!

And your "support" is a mouldy old book a bunch of primitive dead guys wrote who thought they were mediums channeling god.

Good one.
Age and a current heartbeat (or not) is not how we decide validity.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Age and a current heartbeat (or not) is not how we decide validity.
True. You stand stalwart against progress, science and reality. Determined ignorance is the base material of every fundashield.

And you are among the most determined.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:57 PM

18,254 posts, read 16,961,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You'd think God would have destroyed us when we allowed vile slavery to exist in our country, what with all the routine whippings, tortures, rapes, and murders that accompanied it . . . not to mention the more basic crime of thinking God condoned owning another human being.

But he did not.
Isn't it obvious?

Raping, torturing, whipping, defiling and killing other humans you think are inferior to you is nowhere near as vile and filthy as (shudder) two men kissing each other.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
Quote:
God's punishment sounds like a Moderator cut: bleep .

It is the wish of fundamentalist ideologues to be punished or enjoy punishment of others. It seems to be an erotic fantasy.

I say this because the idea of punishment seems to ooze from the pores of this ideology.

Ain't this too much like the truth.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:08 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
God's punishment sounds like a Moderator cut: bleep .

They are just conveying their own fears. All their beliefs have the deadly ingredient of fear in them, and they cannot examine what they believe and why they believe the way they do with an open heart, because they fear their own beliefs. I feel for them.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:23 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
True. You stand stalwart against progress, science and reality. Determined ignorance is the base material of every fundashield.

And you are among the most determined.
I'm not against progress. I'm against redefining marriage to include something unnatural.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,239,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'm not against progress. I'm against redefining marriage to include something unnatural.
ALL marriage is unnatural. Marriage is a man made concept, not a naturally occurring one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity