Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 12,155 times

Advertisements

do u believe he walked the earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 12,155 times
Default questin

Old 01-30-2009, 10:40 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,757 times
Maybe an astronomer and a historian could bring some rationale to this discussion.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I have been reading a number of posts which refer to satan as Lucifer and it is believed that satan was originally a perfect angel who sinned against God when he desired to be like God.

"You, the bright morning star
have fallen from the sky!
You brought down other nations;
now you are brought down.
13You said to yourself,
"I'll climb to heaven
and place my throne
above the highest stars.
I'll sit there with the gods
far away in the north.
14I'll be above the clouds,
just like God Most High."
15But now you are deep
in the world of the dead.
16Those who see you will stare
and wonder,
"Is this the man
who made the world tremble
and shook up kingdoms? Isaiah 14:12-16 NKJV Bible Gateway

It seems that Lucifer is not a Hebrew word and it is also not an English translation of the word. It is Latin and is related to a group of latin derived English words like luciferin and luciferose which all refer to brightness or shining. Does this necessarily refer to satan? Verse 4 in Chapter 14 shows that the passage is referring to the King of Babylon and there is no mention of satan anywhere in the passage. Many say that satan was an angel of light who became corrupted but was satan really an angel of light that became corrupted? Satan disguises himself into an angel of light according to 2 Corinthians 11:14. That is a big difference to me. The king of Babylon is a man according to verse 6. I believe that satan was created evil instead of as a perfect angel and some reasons I believe is are scriptures like these.

“…for the devil has sinned from the beginning…” 1 John 3:8 NASB

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar and the father of lies” John 8:44 NASB

“But I am afraid lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 11:3 NASB

“And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth and his angels were thrown down with him.” Rev. 12:9

Also satan , the accuser, was already in heaven (Zechariah 3:1) but the king of Babylon said that he would ascend to heaven. He wanted to be above the clouds just like the Most High God. The king of Babylon died as his body was covered with worms and maggots. (vs. 11) but satan is alive today and he is not a man. Just some thoughts.

God bless.
Satan has many names, but yes he is lucifer, he use to be a beautiful angel. At one time in heaven he was a great angel who had called son of the morning in this scripture.. (Isa. 14:12)

The name lucifer means day star.

Ezekiel 28:11-19 talks about satan and what he was, and what he use to have. In these scriptures it said that he had wisdom, and perfect in beauty, but he was cast down because he rebelled against God. Now he is call satan which means adversary.

For this, satan and his angles were cast down from the highest heaven of God’s dwelling. They then set up a rival kingdom in opposition to God, situated in “the heaven lies” – the realm between God’s dwelling and the Visible heaven, and there are four main orders in that “invisible” (spiritual) realm

This is also another name for satan (Beelzebub )- Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:22; Luke 11:15

He is also called
Wicked one - Matthew 13:19, 38
Thief - John 10:10 ,Tempter - Matthew 4:3; 1Thessalonians 3:5
Son of perdition - John 17:12
Serpent - Genesis 3:4, 14; 2Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 20:2
Satan - 1Chronicles 21:1; Job 1:6; John 13:27; Acts 5:3, 26:18; Romans 16:20; Revelation 20:2
Ruler of darkness - Ephesians 6:12 ,Roaring lion - 1Peter 5:8
Prince of the power of the air - Ephesians 2:2
Prince of this world - John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11
Power of death - Hebrews 2:14
Power of darkness - Colossians 1:13 ,Old serpent - Revelation 12:9, 20:2
Murderer - John 8:44
Great red dragon - Revelation 12:3
(god) of this world - 2Corinthians 4:4
(father) of all liars - John 8:44
Evil spirit - 1Samuel 16:14
Enemy - Matthew 13:39
Dragon - Revelation 12:7
Devil - Matthew 4:1; Luke 4:2,6; Revelation 20:2
Belial - 2Corinthians 6:15
Beelzebub - Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:22; Luke 11:15
Apollyon - (Greek Apolluwn, or Destroyer) - Revelation 9:11
Antichrist - 1John 4:3
Angel of light - 2Corinthians 11:14
Angel of the bottomless pit - Revelation 9:11
Adversary (one who stands against) - 1Peter 5:8
Accuser of the brethren - Revelation 12:10
Abaddon - Revelation 9:11

Old 02-04-2009, 11:27 AM

205 posts, read 374,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon st jean View Post
as a god spirit believer......the bible is like a puzzle we have to learn to put in together,,,,god has said ,,the mysterys of god........when we talk about lucifer...this was before adam and eve's time.....remember the bible talks about ,,the world that was ,and the world we live in now, and the new world that is to come.....ok....when lucifer was cast out of heaven...he was given the name satin,,,and!.....remember what the bible says that god had angels to rule over different stars and planets ....earth was one of the planets that lucifer ruled ....there were people here with lucifer and giant beasts here..they lived on earth here millions of years with lucifer as he watched this planet.............but once lucifer fell everything that was under lucifers dominion was be all destroyed.. thats how god did things, when angels sin against the great god.......so god flooded this planet for the 1st time it was called lucifers flood....no vegatation or living thing lived...the lost world as they called it ..........now in this present world ,the book of genesis we start their...so when god made adam and eve......so when god spoke he was making a law with man...god said let them rule[have dominion] over the fish of the sea and birds of the air,and over all creatures that move on the earth... and god blessed them.....god made it law ..you must have a spirit and a body to live on the earth.......so thats why satin was here already he needed a body to be legel here so he talked to the snake to use his body to get eve to sin

Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM

178 posts, read 403,985 times
Quote:
I have been reading a number of posts which refer to satan as Lucifer and it is believed that satan was originally a perfect angel who sinned against God when he desired to be like God.

13You said to yourself,
"I'll climb to heaven
and place my throne
above the highest stars.
far away in the north.
15But now you are deep
and wonder,
"Is this the man

It seems that Lucifer is not a Hebrew word and it is also not an English translation of the word. It is Latin and is related to a group of latin derived English words like luciferin and luciferose which all refer to brightness or shining. Does this necessarily refer to satan? Verse 4 in Chapter 14 shows that the passage is referring to the King of Babylon and there is no mention of satan anywhere in the passage. Many say that satan was an angel of light who became corrupted but was satan really an angel of light that became corrupted? Satan disguises himself into an angel of light according to 2 Corinthians 11:14. That is a big difference to me. The king of Babylon is a man according to verse 6. I believe that satan was created evil instead of as a perfect angel and some reasons I believe is are scriptures like these.

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar and the father of lies” John 8:44 NASB

“But I am afraid lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 11:3 NASB

“And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth and his angels were thrown down with him.” Rev. 12:9

Also satan , the accuser, was already in heaven (Zechariah 3:1) but the king of Babylon said that he would ascend to heaven. He wanted to be above the clouds just like the Most High God. The king of Babylon died as his body was covered with worms and maggots. (vs. 11) but satan is alive today and he is not a man. Just some thoughts.

God bless.
Isaiah 14:12 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:4 - That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon

Who was the king of Babylon in this context? Nebuchadnezzar. This is the only time in scripture that Lucifer is mentioned.

The scriptures teach us that Angels cannot die and therefore cannot sin. If this is true, then satan cannot be an angel.

Psalms 103:19-21 - The Lord hath prepared His throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all (there can be no rebellion against God in Heaven). Bless the Lord, ye His Angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word. Bless ye the Lord, all ye His hosts; ye ministers of His, that do his pleasure.

Psalms 148:2 - Praise him, all his Angels...his hosts

Hebrews 1:13-14 - The angels...are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

The use of the word "all" seems to suggest that there are no other angels not included in this praise.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,535 times
lucifer is alive today, he is me, i originally was told this to me by a friend of mine. She is an archangel and her mission is to cut off the horns of the beast which rises from the bottomless pit. Lucifer is indeed that beast which will rise, he is also the angel with the 5th horn, i am the angel of whom will blow the 5th horn and i hold the key to the bottomless pit in my hands. in one year the 1st horn will be blown, and u will see fire, hail, and brimstone fall from the sky, only then will all of you know this is true. Ive had dreams, horrible dreams, the beast is king of babylon, the world is now babylon.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
The word improperly translated "Lucifer" is properly translated "howl"
This is definitely about a person and his sons.

Isa 14:8 Moreover, the firs rejoice for you, the cedars of Lebanon:"Since you lie down, the cutter is not coming up against us."
Isa 14:9 The unseen, beneath, is disturbed for you, to meet you at your coming. It rouses for you all the healers, all the he-goats of the earth. It raises from their thrones all the kings of the nations."
Isa 14:10 All of them are answering and saying to you, "Even you are ill as what we were! To us are you comparable!"
Isa 14:11 Down to the unseen is brought your pomp, the throngs of your exulters. The maggot is berthing under you, and the worm is covering you."
Isa 14:12 How you have fallen from the heavens! Howl, son of the dawn! You are hacked down to the earth, defeater of all nations!"
Isa 14:13 Yet you, you said in your heart, "To the heavens will I ascend! Above the stars of El will I raise high my throne, and I will sit in the mount of appointment, in the flanks of the north."
Isa 14:14 I will ascend on the fane heights of a thick cloud; I am likening myself to the Supreme!"
Isa 14:15 Yea, to the unseen shall you be brought down, to the flanks of a crypt!"
Isa 14:16 Those seeing you will peer at you and consider you:"Is this the man who was the disturber of the earth, the quaker of kingdoms?
Isa 14:17 He made all the habitance as a wilderness, and its cities he demolished, for his prisoners he opened not a homeward way."
Isa 14:18 All kings of nations--all of them lie in state, each man in his own house,
Isa 14:19 yet you were flung from your tomb as a scion abhorrent, as many who were killed, spurred with a sword, who went down to the stones of the crypt as a corpse being trampled."
Isa 14:20 You shall not unite with them in the tomb, "For you ruined My land, you killed My people. You shall not be proclaimed for the eon, you seed of evil doers!"
Isa 14:21 Prepare a slaughter for his sons, for the depravity of their fathers. They will fail to rise and tenant the earth, and fill the surface of the habitance with cities."
Isa 14:22 And I rise against them,averring is Yahweh of hosts. "And I cut off from Babylon the name and remnant, and propagator and progeny,averring is Yahweh."

Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:

13You said to yourself,
"I'll climb to heaven
and place my throne
above the highest stars.
far away in the north.
15But now you are deep
and wonder,
"Is this the man

God bless.
Is lucifer satan, Yes

Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Shawn, I am curious as to how can you state that Lucifer is Satan when the human spoken of was entombed and had sons etc? Has Satan ever died?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity