Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 09:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You really do hate the fact that ALL will be saved; and come to the knowledge of truth?
Now, why doesn't that surprise me?
Matthew 25:30-46 Jesus declares that the ALL is not "all inclusive" .... to claim otherwise is the lie of Satan and false teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Matthew 25:30-46 Jesus declares that the ALL is not "all inclusive" .... to claim otherwise is the lie of Satan and false teachers.
I hope you have a good Dental Plan?

Old 07-28-2014, 10:19 PM

14,869 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Notes

Eonian life is joined with the age or eon to come. Whether one sees this life as a present reality for the believer or yet future really does not matter. Regardless, it deals with ages and not endlessness, and it is not about dying and going to heaven and entering eternity. Jesus never made this promise. He states that there is reward in the age to come for those who are
faithful to Him and who bring forth kingdom fruit in this age, and the reward is to have eonian life.

To reiterate, eonian life is not about a life in eternity or exclusively in heaven but a quality of life in the ages . The ancient prophets saw it. The Hebrew worldview fully expected God to send forth the Messiah to establish the Kingdom of God on earth. The Anointed One, the Royal Majesty came the first time to save the world; He is coming a second time to manifestly rule
over the world (all the nations) as He continues to sum up or head up all things in the heavens and on the earth and subjects all things to Himself (Ephesians 1:10; 1 Corinthians 15:25-28).

The good news is that eonian life knows God and His Son in this age and the ages to come. The Life of the Ages will lead to immortal life as well; a life beyond death, never to die again and forever and progressively knowing God and His Son; a life that through God's Son sums up and heads up all things in the heavens and on the earth.

S. Pouliot

God bless.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:46 PM

I for one do not see this as Good News-a handful of believers going to heaven to live with Jesus forever in ever, walking the streets of gold, while the majority of people that God created end up going to eternal death or eternal hell. This means that even though Jesus shed His blood for all, and the Creator will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, the majority never hears, fails to believe, and or rejects Him and ends up being lost forever. Where is the power of God at work here? Where is the victory?

The Good News is that Jesus is the Savior of the world. He is now saving the first fruits of His harvest, setting captives free, bringing sight to the blind, bringing life to those who will believe, preparing a people to reign with Him in the age to come. The special work of God is being displayed in this group of people, the church. He will eventually open the eyes and hearts of all people so that eventually all will come to a knowledge of the truth and return to Him. All that are lost will be restored to Him in due time. God's will will be done or accomplished. That is good news. Jesus has been made heir of all things.(Hebrews 1)

Old 07-28-2014, 10:53 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I for one do not see this as Good News-a handful of believers going to heaven to live with Jesus forever in ever, walking the streets of gold, while the majority of people that God created end up going to eternal death or eternal hell. This means that even though Jesus shed His blood for all, and the Creator will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, the majority never hears, fails to believe, and or rejects Him and ends up being lost forever. Where is the power of God at work here? Where is the victory?

The Good News is that Jesus is the Savior of the world. He is now saving the first fruits of His harvest, setting captives free, bringing sight to the blind, bringing life to those who will believe, preparing a people to reign with Him in the age to come. The special work of God is being displayed in this group of people, the church. He will eventually open the eyes and hearts of all people so that eventually all will come to a knowledge of the truth and return to Him. All that are lost will be restored to Him in due time. God's will will be done or accomplished. That is good news. Jesus has been made heir of all things.(Hebrews 1)
And like the Buddha taught, this life, and succeeding lives, are about learning to get it right---until we flow back into the Nirvana. Universalism = Buddhism regardless of includism, excludism, or any other of the isms that pervade those concepts. Saying "Lord, Lord," does not divorce the conceptual marriage between the two belief systems.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:56 PM

I know nothing about Buddhism, Warden, and have nothing to do with it. I know that the Christian scriptures teach that God is love and that He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. I also know that He has all power and that He is able to subdue all things to Himself. I don't know what Buddhism says about it and am not interested. Does Buddhism teach that Jesus died for our sins and that He is the Savior of the world, that He is the Only Way to the Father?

People may also differ in their understanding of Universalism and some who hold to Universalism may differ in their beliefs. I don't say that I am a Universalist. I am a believer/Christian that believes in the eventual restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-28-2014 at 11:24 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 11:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And like the Buddha taught, this life, and succeeding lives, are about learning to get it right---until we flow back into the Nirvana.
Universalism = Buddhism regardless of includism, excludism, or any other of the isms that pervade those concepts.

Saying "Lord, Lord," does not divorce the conceptual marriage between the two belief systems.
Actually, it has to do with that of Reconciliation for those who believe they are separated; the lost.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
"Did God really say ?" .... Matthew 24, Matthew 25:30-46, John 3:36, Deuteronomy 12:31, Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5,
John 8:47
"Whoever is of God hears the words of God.
The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God
.”
Quote:
The Good News is that Jesus is the Savior of the world. He is now saving the first fruits of His harvest, setting captives free, bringing sight to the blind, bringing life to those who will believe, preparing a people to reign with Him in the age to come.
True ... if the Jesus you're trusting in is God and God is the Deity.

Quote:
The special work of God is being displayed in this group of people, the church. He will eventually open the eyes and hearts of all people so that eventually all will come to a knowledge of the truth and return to Him. All that are lost will be restored to Him in due time. God's will will be done or accomplished. That is good news. Jesus has been made heir of all things.(Hebrews 1)
Even God stated that preaching a false good news gospel, will that person be cursed (Galations 1:8-9). This above is a false gospel for it is the enabling the wicked evildoer (the son of slave woman) to share in the inheritance like as if one who places their trust in the true God beyond death (the son of a free woman).

Being cursed by the Godman Jesus does not come from an eventual restored love mentality but of the hate of sin and sinner who rejects John 3:36

Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
I know nothing about Buddhism, Warden, and have nothing to do with it. I know that the Christian scriptures teach that God is love and that He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. I also know that He has all power and that He is able to subdue all things to Himself. I don't know what Buddhism says about it and am not interested. Does Buddhism teach that Jesus died for our sins and that He is the Savior of the world, that He is the Only Way to the Father?

People may also differ in their understanding of Universalism and some who hold to Universalism may differ in their beliefs. I don't say that I am a Universalist. I am a believer/Christian that believes in the eventual restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ. God bless and peace.
You have a "Christian" universalist belief system. It is still basically the Buddhist tenets I outlined in post #431. We all eventually flow into the great Nirvana. The difference is that Buddhists believe they must keep working to get it right. Christian universalists believe no work is necessary, Jesus did the work via example, not propitiation--otherwise God would be a "bloody" God. And Christian universalists believe in a purgatory for "cleansing" one's sins via some sort of punishment. Buddhists believe the purgatory is life on this earth which each of us keeps repeating until we come out "right."

Traditional, orthodox Christianity holds to the cross being the source of salvation through faith. Faith is unnecessary in universalism since ultimately everyone ends up sitting in God's backyard, it's "nice" to have faith, but the key ingredient to camping in God's backyard is simply to have been born of woman.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:

You have a "Christian" universalist belief system. It is still basically the
Buddhist tenets I outlined in post #431. We all eventually flow into the great
Nirvana.
Hi, I don't believe in the Nirvana, I believe in the One True God, the God of Jesus Christ.
Quote:

The difference is that Buddhists believe they must keep working to get
it right. Christian universalists believe no work is necessary, Jesus did
the work via example, not propitiation--otherwise God would be a "bloody"
God.
I don't believe that and most Christians who believe in the restoration of all to God, believe that Jesus died for our sins, 1 John 2:2 tells us that He is the propitiation for our sins. Christians are to do good works out of their love for the Lord.

Quote:

And Christian universalists believe in a purgatory for "cleansing"
one's sins via some sort of punishment.
I don't believe that and neither do many Christians who believe in the restoration of all to God. There is no purgatory. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin, not punishment.

Quote:

Traditional, orthodox Christianity holds to the cross
being the source of salvation through faith. Faith is unnecessary in
universalism since ultimately everyone ends up sitting in God's backyard,
I believe that faith is necessary for the believer. I just believe that all will believe one day. God is the one who says that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Him. If He wants everyone to end up sitting in His backyard, who am I to say that it should not be so, Warden?

God bless and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity