Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
we will all stand before the judgments seat and have to answer for the things we tell others. I would rather stand before God and tell Him I told sinners that you loved them, others obviously will stand before God and tell Him, I told sinners that you hated them.

The gospel of the good news is hate for all sinners
Seriously, where has anyone said that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 10:38 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Thank you for sharing, TroutDude. God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Seriously, where has anyone said that?

God Hates Sinners

Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
Getting back to OP - I do believe God hates/despises some things. I've never had a problem with that. But I don't believe he hates human beings. I believe God hates murder, strife, covetousness, greed and all those nasty sins that mar the human condition. Imagine what this world would be like without sin's ugly mark on it! So I do not have a problem with God hating despicable things. I'm not sure why some do. But it doesn't really matter to me. It is not my mission to force people to believe everything just the way I do. I think God is grieved by "UNLOVE" manifest into the world through human beings. That's pretty much it. Pure hate causes grief and sorrow - not violence. I make every effort not to grieve the Holy Spirit within me.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
I believe what Jesus said .... and you are doing your best to distort it to
include the inheritance being given to son of the slave woman Galations 4:30
where God says it will never happen.
Twin, I believe what Jesus said too. I already addressed what you shared about the inheritance, earlier. Believers are experiencing salvation today, are joint heirs with Jesus Christ and will reign with Him. They will experience the blessings associated with reigning with Him. Non believers will not. There are many promises given to believers, to those that overcome. We will have a job to do in the age to come in God's kingdom, and this will affect the rest of mankind. Believers are the first fruits and then there is the rest of the harvest.

James 1
In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.

God bless and peace.

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But in short: I believe the Creator is far beyond petty human emotions and to think otherwise simply demonstrates that some people can't imagine a god they cannot fashion into a human image.
It does seem that there is a refusal to understand the genesis of the negative human emotions (which are psychological weaknesses) . . . and to attribute them to God anyway, Trout. It is very depressing to see God made into the image of weak and fallible humans by the misuse of words like hate, jealousy, etc which have nothing to do with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What I find hard to comprehend is that a knowledge of the formation of scripture and the various perceptions expressed should be submerged for a strict literal evaluation of words that are reported as spoken by Jesus when it suits a perception about the nature of God that is clearly at odds with the "Abba" Jesus knew and the love we are supposed to learn for each other from that example.
How do you know Jesus said any of the words reported?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Matthew 5:43-48

"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ...

God bless.
Hating sin is way different than hating your neighbor.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Why are you over here on this sub forums and on this thread, if you believe that the discussions are silly, TroutDude? What is your contribution on this topic? God bless and peace.
Attack purposes only.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:48 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How do you know Jesus said any of the words reported?
I'm sure Nate will have a much different answer, but mine is, who cares?

If what is recorded inspires us to have faith in God's love for us and to love others, then I don't care who said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity