Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 03:38 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I said (paraphrased) that to reject that God hates will lead eventually to reject the message of the Cross which that has more than once be shown to be the result ... and you replied back with (paraphrased again) your typical sarcastic accusation of God being a Jekyll and Hyde personality and a short lived post of after walking your dog you concluded that God's image is so misconceived that we are satanists.
You are saying nothing here, you are just confirming what i just said. The god you portray is of a jekyll and hyde character. Also there is no one worse than you on here for accusing those who believe God is all love, of all manner of things along with your wiity jpeg's or whatever you call them. You also have no issue calling anyone you disagree with of their father the devil, so what is the difference to being called a satanist ?. I have no doubt who the Father of hate is and when he hates he is speaking his native language, for he is a hater and the Father of hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh::
I would never shed a tear for these beliefs Mystic, because in sharing them openly on an open forum they are announcing to the world what orthodox christianity represents and it does not look good, and it is bringing itself down from within but cannot see it.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:45 PM

64,105 posts, read 40,405,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The message of the Cross is agape love . . . "No greater love . . ." . . NOT the barbaric blood sacrifice to appease an angry and vengeful God. So when you say we reject the message of the Cross . . . that is not true. We reject what YOU think the message is. You seem to have trouble making those distinctions.
Quote:
It is you who is having the trouble .... what we think is what what scriptures teach and it is YOUR alternative that is not true.
Read the first post what God said ... and in Hebrews 9:22 .... and in Romans 3:25 .... and Colossians 1:19-20
And why do most not hear what God says in those passages ... Jesus says why:
John 8:47
"Whoever belongs to God hears what God says.
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
God did not say he who knows and loves the scriptures knows God, Twin.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

To amplify it:

1 John 3:11 (King James Version)

11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Colossians 3:12-14New International Version (NIV)

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Matthew 22:37-40 King James Version (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 10:24 (King James Version)
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

John 17:3 (King James Version)
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 4:11-12 (King James Version)
11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:16-21 (King James Version)
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

John 13:34 (King James Version)
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 15:9-10 (King James Version)
9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:12 (King James Version)
12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:17 (King James Version)
17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 John 3:23 (King James Version)
23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Romans 13:8-10King James Version (KJV)
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I didn't see a single mention about loving or revering the scriptures to know God, Twin.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,540,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are saying nothing here, you are just confirming what i just said. The god you portray is of a jekyll and hyde character. Also there is no one worse than you on here for accusing those who believe God is all love, of all manner of things along with your wiity jpeg's or whatever you call them. You also have no issue calling anyone you disagree with of their father the devil, so what is the difference to being called a satanist ?. I have no doubt who the Father of hate is and when he hates he is speaking his native language, for he is a hater and the Father of hate.
The difference is I'm quoting all what Jesus said as the truth and your issue is with that.
Deuteronomy 12:31
You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods,
they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates.

Psalm 5:5
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

Psalm 11:5
The Lord examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Proverbs 6:16
There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:

Isaiah 61:8
“For I, the Lord, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing."

Hosea 9:15
“Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal, I hated them there.
Because of their sinful deeds, I will drive them out of my house.
I will no longer love them; all their leaders are rebellious."

Revelation 2:6
But you have this in your favor:
You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
The difference is I'm quoting all what Jesus said as the truth and your issue is with that.
Deuteronomy 12:31
You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods,
they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates.

Psalm 5:5
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

Psalm 11:5
The Lord examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Proverbs 6:16
There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:

Isaiah 61:8
“For I, the Lord, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing."

Hosea 9:15
“Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal, I hated them there.
Because of their sinful deeds, I will drive them out of my house.
I will no longer love them; all their leaders are rebellious."

Revelation 2:6
But you have this in your favor:
You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Not one of those verses are quoted by Jesus. How you can look into the gospels and the life of Jesus and come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ being the exact representation of who God is, hates in the way you described, is someone who is denial of the love and forgiveness of God but for themselves or completely blind. Camps waits why twin copies and pastes is favorite eternal damnation quote, which if true is a place reserved for those who believe God hates, we are what we believe.

The scriptures teach that Jesus came in peace not in hate that he demonstrated love not hate, that he forgave not condemned, that he healed not put sickness on folk, that he raised the dead not went around killing folk, yet all you see is this vicious hating God. This is the worst form of christianity i have ever come across in all my life as a believer.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-29-2014 at 05:36 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 05:03 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,756,417 times
Quote:
for it is impossible for those once enlightened, having tasted also of the heavenly gift, and partakers having became of the Holy Spirit, and did taste the good saying of God, the powers also of the coming age, and having fallen away, again to renew them to reformation, having crucified again to themselves the Son of God, and exposed to public shame.
Young's Literal Translation

Excuse me, amateur translators, but this is Young's Literal Translation of Hebrews 6:4-6. Does impossible mean for this age or the next? Why is "age-during" not mentioned? Why is "aion" not mentioned. No, it says impossible. That is a definite time span meaning NEVER.

The author of Hebrews is saying that forgiveness of this sin would require the Christ to be crucified again. The author does not believe this will not happen. One crucifixion was the greatest possible gift God could have made. A second crucifixion would be holding Christ up to contempt. Thus, it’s impossible for this sin to be forgiven. And the author clearly states that forgiveness of this sin is impossible.

No sin will dwell with God in ANY age. Therefore, how does God love the one who has committed this sin? And why would a record be left for us to contemplate regarding an impossibility, other than as a clear warning that there is at least ONE sin--turning away from God--that He hates enough to NEVER forgive. And it also appears that Christ would have to be crucified again--something the author says in so many words is not going to happen.

Impossible! Impossible!! Impossible!!!

What part of impossible is actually possible anyway? Please break out your Greek lexicons and enlighten us.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 PM

14,944 posts, read 17,291,404 times
God is love, so He always loves, Warden. He is not hate. Again,

"Then suppose, for example, you have told your teenage child that they are not allowed to go to some party and then they go anyway, against your instructions. You say that the consequences are that they are grounded for a week or whatever. They come to you asking for forgiveness when you indicate that they will have to suffer the consequences for disobeying. They really want to go to some game that they have been looking forward to for a year, and you know how much they have been looking forward to this. "Please mom, dad, can I have one more chance?"

Do you forgive them or do they suffer the consequences for disobeying? If you don't forgive them, they must suffer the consequences. After the week of grounding is past, it is over. Same thing with those who suffer the consequences of the unpardonable sin. After the consequences for not believing are done, it's over. They do not suffer forever and ever. There are limits to the punishments and corrections of God.

Do you want to know what love does? Please refer to 1 Cor. 13

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. ]3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body 2to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 2provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 ]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.

It is not hate that remains. It is love. God is love and He is perfect love. Love is always there no matter what the disobedient child does. It does not stop loving.

Love bears all things, endures all things, and it never fails. That is who God is. God bless and peace.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:56 PM

14,944 posts, read 17,291,404 times
God in His omniscience knew who would reject Him before they were even born, so why would He hate anyone literally for anything? He gave Jesus for all and He knew that there would be those who would reject Him again and again. He even hardened the hearts of many. Evidently there will come a time when every knee will bow in adoration before Him and they will confess Him openly and willingly.

Hebrews 6

1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment (aionios krima - judgment of the age).

3 And this will we do, if God permit.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Mark 10
27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible

The scriptures are not to be pitted against one another. We know that with God all things are possible but not so with men. I believe that what is being spoken of in Hebrews 6 is that it was impossible for Paul and the apostles to renew these people to repentance. In 2 Corin.2, for example, Paul speaks about bringing one who had been living in sin, to sorrow, and that now the congregation was to accept him because he had been made sorrowful and had changed. Here in the situation described in Hebrews 6, this would not be possible through the efforts of Paul. We know, however, that with God all things are possible. Verse 3: If God permit. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-29-2014 at 06:33 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 06:03 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,540,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not one of those verses are quoted by Jesus. How you can look into the gospels and the life of Jesus and come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ being the exact representation of who God is, hates in the way you described, is someone who is denial of the love and forgiveness of God but for themselves or completely blind. Camps waits why twin copies and pastes is favorite eternal damnation quote, which if true is a place reserved for those who believe God hates, we are what we believe.

The scriptures teach that Jesus came in peace not in hate that he demonstrated love not hate, that he forgave not condemned, that he healed not put sickness on folk, that he raised the dead not went around killing folk, yet all you see is this vicious hating God. This is the worst form of christianity i have ever come across in all my life as a believer.
Jesus is God ... Jesus has always existed ... Jesus is the same .... Jesus due to his divinity spoke them.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Jesus is God ... Jesus has always existed ... Jesus is the same .... Jesus due to his divinity spoke them.
Jesus is God manifested in tne flesh and God in Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago . In him(Jesus)dwelt the fullness of God and if that is true, Jesus manifested a God that is completely alien to the one you depict.

He said if you have seen me this (hating vengeful exacting judgrment punishing calling down fire and brimstone from heaven ) you have seen God. Thankfully he did not say that, he said if you have seen me( not a man with a beard, but what you are seeing before your very eyes, that all the books in the world could not contain you are seeing and witnessing) you have seen God who is your Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity