Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I use the version that is consistent with God who IS agape love, Vizio. Knowing what hate IS and why God cannot possibly hate is just one instance of the intelligent reading of scripture using the Spirit of agape love . . . who IS God.
And hey....who are WE to disagree with YOUR reading of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 PM

14,909 posts, read 17,219,900 times

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness (ou aphesis eis aion - not forgiveness unto the age), but is in danger of aionios krisis (judgment of the age).

Matthew 12:32
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world (aion - age), neither in the world (aion - age) to come.

Aion= age= an indefinite period of time

God bless.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Post #240

What does this have to do with Universalism? I did not bait anyone. .
Anybody (like myself) who has any history with dealing with you and folks like yourself knew there was enough vagueness that there was code words for what you were hinting at, which is why Vizio immediately countered " How do you reconcile this belief with the clear teachings that Revelation states the sinner will be tossed into the fire?"

Quote:
If you were that concerned, Twin, that this was a bait for Universalism, then you should have said something then. .
1) I gave you the benefit of the doubt

2) If I had, wanna bet somebody would have accused me of being closed minded \ paranoid \ what are you afraid of .... this is an open forum anybody can post here ....

Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 PM

You saw me as baiting, Twin, because that is what comes to your mind, when you see me posting on anything. You associate that with me and so you filter everything that I post through this. It's human nature, I guess. There was nothing about Universalism in that post at all. God bless.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:30 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,422,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm moving on.

Hit and run?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:34 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I use the version that is consistent with God who IS agape love, Vizio. Knowing what hate IS and why God cannot possibly hate is just one instance of the intelligent reading of scripture using the Spirit of agape love . . . who IS God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And hey....who are WE to disagree with YOUR reading of it?
You are not disagreeing with my reading of it . . . you are disagreeing with my knowledge of the origin of hate within the human psyche. Disagreeing with extant knowledge seems to be the cornerstone of fundamentalist religious belief . . . sad to say.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:51 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Vizio, you and I do not agree on much--except perhaps this topic.
As nate suggested . . . food for thought, Warden.
Quote:
Now MysticPhd is consistent. If scripture isn't to his liking he cuts it out of the Bible. The only problem is his belief is not Christian, it is something arising from Christianity.
Not cut, Warden . . . reinterpret using agape love as the context for God's motives instead of the human weaknesses of anger, hate, vengeance, jealousy, etc.
Quote:
The bare faced truth is that there is much dichotomy in Christianity. When two verses don't equate most people reject one or the other, or trump one with the other. My faith requires reconciliation of the two--that both may be equally true in the whole or only in part. So I have no problem accepting that God hates sin and sinners while, exactly BECAUSE He hates them, He sent His Son to display His grace and mercy for all who would accept it. And yes, there is an acceptance to Jesus in one's life-- as foretold by the story of the Hebrews wandering in the desert. They grumbled against God because of fiery serpents that were biting them. With that sin of lack of faith, Moses raised a snake on a pole so that all who were bitten could look up to it in faith that God would spare them---and He did. (Numbers 21:4-9)
This allegory refers to the source of all human "grumbling" . . . our inner Serpent (animal nature) that we are to overcome in "love of God and each other." The Serpent on the pole reminded them that Jesus overcame His inner Serpent "grumblings" through horrendous scourging and crucifixion in love for us all.
Quote:
Meanwhile God says, "You people need more fiery serpents!!!"
Wrong. God says you need to overcome your fiery Serpents and endure to the end in "love of God and each other."
Quote:
And this is the way the thread runs---a non-hateful God adds more fiery serpents as some perish without ever looking toward the cross, uh, the snake on the pole, while others see the beauty that arises from the anguish of the trial of fiery serpents and move on.
I'm moving on.
Moving on in your current walk is no problem whatever, Warden. Your walk has never been the issue . . . but your belief about God's motives and true nature IS. Peace.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
...snip....
I have no idea how you can claim to believe in a religion when you pick and choose what to believe of it.
Every Christian, including you, picks and chooses what part of their dogma/bible to believe.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:57 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
You saw me as baiting, Twin, because that is what comes to your mind, when you see me posting on anything. You associate that with me and so you filter everything that I post through this. It's human nature, I guess. There was nothing about Universalism in that post at all. God bless.
It's not anything about human nature ... it knowing the nature of universalism.

I tend to believe that Jeremiah 13:23 is true.

Which conveys this thought:

When I see this

............ it's only a matter of time before universalism appears

Old 07-29-2014, 02:02 PM

No, Twin, it was only you, seeing something that wasn't there to begin with. Then when I came into respond to other posters who posted about UR, you say that I was the one that started it. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity