Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,214,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Every Christian, including you, picks and chooses what part of their dogma/bible to believe.
Actually...I do read the Bible literally. I believe what it actually says. I don't claim that the Bible is fairy tales, or written by a barbaric people and claim to be smarter than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 02:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's not anything about human nature ... it knowing the nature of universalism.

I tend to believe that Jeremiah 13:23 is true.

Which conveys this thought:

When I see this

............ it's only a matter of time before universalism appears
How you equate that to the reconciliation of all message is beyond me. What you really are saying is if we do not believe in eternal torment/hell/punishment you end up there. No this is the shark that's ruined the lives of many, ship wrecked the faith of many or like it did to me made me twice the child of hell i was before i believed. At least i am honest about what it did to me.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:11 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Actually...I do read the Bible literally. I believe what it actually says. I don't claim that the Bible is fairy tales, or written by a barbaric people and claim to be smarter than them.
::Sigh::

Old 07-29-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
So you do hate you Mam , your Dad and you kids ? And gouge your eyes out when you have sinned and walk up to mountains and speak to them and cast them into the sea,nail yourself daily to a wooden cross and go into your closet to pray.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How you equate that to the reconciliation of all message is beyond me. What you really are saying is if we do not believe in eternal torment/hell/punishment you end up there. No this is the shark that's ruined the lives of many, ship wrecked the faith of many or like it did to me made me twice the child of hell i was before i believed. At least i am honest about what it did to me.
I said (paraphrased) that to reject that God hates will lead eventually to reject the message of the Cross which that has more than once be shown to be the result ... and you replied back with (paraphrased again) your typical sarcastic accusation of God being a Jekyll and Hyde personality and a short lived post of after walking your dog you concluded that God's image is so misconceived that we are satanists.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,214,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you do hate you Mam , your Dad and you kids ? And gouge your eyes out when you have sinned and walk up to mountains and speak to them and cast them into the sea,nail yourself daily to a wooden cross and go into your closet to pray.
Is that what you think those texts are literally saying? You need to understand the concept of context.

Do you think that poodles and siamese cats literally fall out of the sky? That when you ask someone to leave they actually go out and start pounding on the road with their fists?

Old 07-29-2014, 02:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Quote:
Is that what you think those texts are literally saying? You need to understand the concept of context.

Do you think that poodles and siamese cats literally fall out of the sky? That when you ask someone to leave they actually go out and start pounding on the road with their fists?
Get your story straight, Viz.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:

No, but you just said you take the bible literally. And you are adamant that god hates, so if the bible is to be taken literally why have you not told you Mum and dad and your kids and your pets that you hate them ?.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:19 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I said (paraphrased) that to reject that God hates will lead eventually to reject the message of the Cross which that has more than once be shown to be the result ... and you replied back with (paraphrased again) your typical sarcastic accusation of God being a Jekyll and Hyde personality and a short lived post of after walking your dog you concluded that God's image is so misconceived that we are satanists.
The message of the Cross is agape love . . . "No greater love . . ." . . NOT the barbaric blood sacrifice to appease an angry and vengeful God. So when you say we reject the message of the Cross . . . that is not true. We reject what YOU think the message is. You seem to have trouble making those distinctions.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The message of the Cross is agape love . . . "No greater love . . ." . . NOT the barbaric blood sacrifice to appease an angry and vengeful God. So when you say we reject the message of the Cross . . . that is not true. We reject what YOU think the message is. You seem to have trouble making those distinctions.
It is you who is having the trouble .... what we think is what what scriptures teach and it is YOUR alternative that is not true.

Read the first post what God said ... and in Hebrews 9:22 .... and in Romans 3:25 .... and Colossians 1:19-20

And why do most not hear what God says in those passages ... Jesus says why:
John 8:47
"Whoever belongs to God hears what God says.
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity