Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 12:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I agree. Although this is a Christianty message board, many here espouse beliefs contrary to Christianity.
True, this is a very basic issue, but apparently even the basics are rejected by some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,815,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No jimmie, I put you in context. You are the one sinning, over and over again because you have no choice. It seems to be in your flesh. You are the one having to repent.

You give yourself permission by giving yourself the excuse of, " I can't help it, it is in my flesh." You do this over and over and never stop sinning.

That does not work for me.
No, I don't do that. Like all Christians should, I strive to live righteously, through the power of God's spirit. When I don't, I ask for forgiveness and move on.

Romans 6

6 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be!

What do you do when you miss the mark?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are proving it again.

The question is not whether or not you (or anyone) sin, the question is if you can go 1 hour without sinning.

Dear Finn,

The question is why you cannot go one hour without sinning. Awww.

I am concerned for you. You cannot go one hour without sinning? That must be a big problem for you. I am sorry you cannot avoid sin even for one hour.

I am appreciating my relationship with God more, and more with your every post. I did not realize how difficult it is not to sin for you.

Love,
Ronk

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Dear Finn,

I already have God. We are old friends. Is there more?

You still need saving because you keep sinning, over and over. Sinning is a terrible thing. You keep damaging yourself over, and over ,and over again. I understand it is in your flesh or something.

You do not offend me Finn. Is that your intention? You are not capable of offending me.

Love,
Ronk
What do you think about Jesus?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True, this is a very basic issue, but apparently even the basics are rejected by some.
Poor, Finn.

Can't have his cake and eat it too and tell everyone else what kind of cake they should have and how to eat it.

It's a bleak life being a sinful and unjustly persecuted fundamentalist Christian.

Apparently.

Quote:
No, I don't do that. Like all Christians should, I strive to live righteously, through the power of God's spirit. When I don't, I ask for forgiveness and move on.

Romans 6

6 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be!

What do you do when you miss the mark?

What mark should I be missing? And, yes. You do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It seems that it is you that is offended by those who don't sin. Could you at least ask what Ronk's secret to a life without sin is, rather than "you're a sinner the bible says you are and I know you can't live a life with out sin because I try it every day and fail every day" if you ask nicely she might even quote the bible you "think' you believe" in to prove that you can. She might bake you a cake too with "I don't sin Anymore" on it if you ask that nicely too.
What is your secret to a sinless life?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
What do you think about Jesus?
I have a total crush on Jesus, and Howard Zinn. <3

Old 11-13-2015, 12:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
What is your secret to a sinless life?
Really? You don't know? You have to ask?

The secret to a sinless life is to refrain from sinning.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I told you earlier on(yesterday) that I walk in unconditional forgiveness towards myself and the world...... meaning sin is never an issue to me even if I do miss the mark. It is only fundamentalists that waste their time on sin, what is sin and what isn't, who is a sinner and who isn't........ the believer invests is THINKING into what is righteous and that is their only concern.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength(except what the fundamentalist says I can't do).

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK about such things.
Yeah, I do that too. Unconditional forgiveness, because I still miss the mark sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity