Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 03:11 AM

440 posts, read 378,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It is not an anomaly if it recurs regularly. Less than 2% of the world's population is red headed, but we don't refer to red heads as "anomalies." That is slightly less than the percentage of gay, lesbian, and bi people in the world. In addition it has been observed in roughly 1500 species---Bonbo monkeys, almost all bisexual, have been reported as having same sex sex in roughly 75% of their sexual encounters.

The gayest animal according to some scientists? According to Earthtouch News Network:

1. Giraffes

At any moment in time, one in every 20 male giraffes can be found amorously necking with another male. Or so says one study into giraffe homosexual behaviour. You probably wouldn't have learned about it in biology class, but homosexual behaviour is very common all across the animal kingdom (some zoologists estimate that about 1,500 animal species are known to display some form of it). In giraffes, that behaviour involves necking, caressing and mounting … and it’s more common than heretrosexual interactions!

Yup, gay sex in nature as well as among people is greater than the incidence of red headed people. May be uncommon in most species, but it most certainly couldn't be called an anomaly.

Proven anomalies in the animal kingdom include winged cats, pink Dolphins, four legged chickens, and white Buffaloes.

Calling something, and especially someone, an anomaly when it is a quite regular occurrence is simply a left-handed (once considered an anomaly caused by the Devil) way of demeaning an important subset of human beings.
It's the minset of fundamentalists to use words and expressions to make those they look down on feel less than, inferior and not worth of proper respect. They also emphasise and possibly exaggerate that LGBT people are a very miniscule minority.

Superiority complex.

Last edited by Haukur; 05-31-2016 at 03:19 AM..

Old 05-31-2016, 05:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well...if you are an example of the people he is proud of, I'm sure glad that Christianity is losing ground and atheism is growing.
and we all shouted AMEN!

Old 05-31-2016, 05:41 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Duh ... any.

No wonder we in the US need to commemorate Military Veterans Day \ Memorial Day ... being that the US had to bail out Europe twice for it's ineptness and stupidity.

which btw:
  • both of my grand fathers fought in Europe in WW I
  • father fought in WW II
  • 2 uncles fought in WW II
  • uncle fought in Korea
  • brother fought in Vietnam \ Desert Shield
  • brother in the Navy
  • nephew fought in Iraq
Mine ancestors / relatives were involved in:

The fight against European invasion from 1624--1838 when they were forced on the TRAIL of TEARS

Also the Revolutionary War

Chickamunga War
(1776–1795)

Northwest Indian War
(1785–1793)

Whiskey Rebellion
(1791–1794)

The War of 1812

Creek War
(1813–1814)

Black Hawk War
(1832)

American Civil War--BOTH sides
(1861–1865)

The Spanish American War

Crazy Snake Rebellion
(1909)

WW I

WWII

Korea

Vietnam

Gulf War
(1990–1991)

Intervention in Haiti
(1994–1995)

Bosnian War
(1994–1995)

Kosovo War
(1998–1999)

War in Afghanistan
(2001–2014)

Old 05-31-2016, 06:37 AM

1,504 posts, read 853,789 times
The Old Testament is tribal and they wanted to increase the size of the tribe...so any sort of non-breeding sex was frowned upon. Where as the New Testament did mention love between the same sex with the stipulation that they did not have sex or attempt to have sex. What I see is that so called homosexuals in their pure form are asexual beings. They do not have the capacity to have reproductive sex..nor the inclination.

Being an older man who has witnessed the normalization of same sex relationships over the decades did notice one thing, There is always the sodomizing one and the one who takes the submissive role and is sodomized. Point being from what I have seen is that the so called top dog does not like to mention it but they are also capable of having sex with females.

Most would assume that all so called homosexuals are all doing it to each other...when in fact the submissive asexual person takes the role of the female. I guess what I am trying to say is that modern homosexuality is presented in the most simplistic way in order to make it politically potent. What might be is that human sexuality is much more complex than what is put forth by special interest groups.

Christ did not have a problem with female prostitutes or asexual non breeding males that we today refer to as gay...He simply did not like the idea of getting abused or the dominant person abusing a submissive one. You would be surprised at how many masculine so called gays are not as gay as you might assume. This issue has a lot of hidden facets . It is highly complex. The Christian bible which in part is the word of Christ and the advice of Christ simply states...do not abuse one another for selfish hedonistic purposes. Loving a man is not a bad thing...abusing and using them is.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:00 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
Your made up story will not refute the fact that David and Jonathan were lovers, they loved each other, that's why the very story is so romantic in is narration.

I have said it before, when David said that Jonathan's love was more wonderful than the love of women he was clearly setting the frame or in other words specifying the kind of love they were feeling for each other: romantic love.

The bible is a book full of all sorts of contradictions and this is one of those contradictions, a story with homosexual love and then a passage commanding the killing of two men who have slept together. If you have different people writing it through time contradictions will come up.

Do you call killing two men who have slept together a good instruction?
The only made up story is yours. There is nothing in the passages that says they were lovers. The same passage could easily mean they loved each other as dear friends. Again, it doesn't make sense that David would be a homosexual then later have a man murdered because he sexually desired the guy's wife so much.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I'm asking you to answer a specific question which you clearly cannot do without exposing yourself for what you are...and I'm also asking you to show your posts that you claim I have run from.

What sexual activities do homosexuals engage in that heterosexuals do not?

Support your accusation that I have never answered your questions in the past...or expose yourself as a liar and and a fraud.
Oh yes, bolding a question is really going to make me answer now! Knock yourself out. And sorry ,but you're not worth my time to go digging through past posts. The only thing I will always get from you is a nasty brick wall response.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Oh boy! You're not well. Which part of "God created homosexuals" did you not understand? If homosexuals exist then they were created by God. Please read your bible, it's right there in the beginning, in Genesis. It reads; "God created all things and saw that it was good".

Can you not see that? If God created all things and saw that it was good and homosexuals exist, therefore God created them, then it follows that God saw that homosexuals are good? Who's twisting the bible? The damn bible says God's creation is good!
Did God create pedophiles? After all, just another type of sexual orientation, right?

Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If you or anyone else had shown (from scripture, naturally) that homosexuality is a sin I would not be here right now refuting the thread title, twin. If only to encourage you to produce such a scripture I'll give you this 'in your face' statement: NOWHERE does the Bible say that homosexuality is a sin. And, this can be proven quite easily. All one need do is to place a Bible in your hand and ask you to point out such a scripture. When you cannot do so THAT will be the proof! Would that proof in other areas could be so easily acquired!
So this is NOT scripture?

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Old 05-31-2016, 07:52 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,386,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh yes, bolding a question is really going to make me answer now! Knock yourself out. And sorry ,but you're not worth my time to go digging through past posts. The only thing I will always get from you is a nasty brick wall response.
And yet given you have just openly highlighted the fact you do not intend to answer the VERY simply question that user asked you..... the only one offering "nasty brick walls" is you.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:16 AM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
If you or anyone else had shown (from scripture, naturally) that homosexuality is a sin I would not be here right now refuting the thread title, twin. If only to encourage you to produce such a scripture I'll give you this 'in your face' statement: NOWHERE does the Bible say that homosexuality is a sin. And, this can be proven quite easily. All one need do is to place a Bible in your hand and ask you to point out such a scripture. When you cannot do so THAT will be the proof! Would that proof in other areas could be so easily acquired!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So this is NOT scripture?

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Well, you were right, 303Guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy
Don't forget the later mistranslations that do actually state that homosexuality is a sin. However, those translation do not pass as 'truth'. They are wrong - in fact, they are a lie.
I should have emphasized that NO mistranslated post-1946 Bibles be used. My bad.

Anyway Jeff ...what say we skip the corrupt version of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10? Neither the original manuscripts, nor the KJV, ever used the term "homosexuality" or even the equivalent of the term in their original language. But, you know this already. You've been told this umpteen times on this thread as well as others.

Moreover, most of us are included in that list of Paul's in some form or another. And, NONE of us are righteous ...no, not one (Romans 3:10).

NONE includes Paul who wrote that passage of scripture!

NONE also includes YOU, Jeff!

ALSO, who nominated Paul the divine authority to determine who will and who will not be eligible for the kingdom of God?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity