Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 02:26 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times

Advertisements

Just proves my point, loving ourselves is not our problem. Loving our wives and family/friends is more difficult, anything beyond that becomes very hard. And loving our enemies? We just love ourselves wayyy too much to love our enemies. We need the love of Christ in our hearts to break down our self-love, and teach us to sacrifice ourselves in humble selfless love for Christ and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that, like many fundamentalists, she thinks it is her job to condemn people (gays, for instance) with the bible (and her supposed special knowledge of it) -- for their own good, of course.

At NO TIME, did I condemn gays, that is the smokescreen attack your flesh keeps throwing up to try to block out what was actually said. Need I repost it here?

And I'm not a fundamentalist as I keep telling you, your hate glasses masquerading as agape love, need to be adjusted, on several issues.

Any knowledge I have came from His Spirit. And yours? Peace

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Tell me, if you know, just HOW is that written on our hearts? What is the process? Peace
It's in your DNA. But you being the fundamentalist that you are do not believe that you are Spirit and that there's only one Spirit and that there is no separation of Spirit.

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
As I said, confused about self love and self indulgence. Won't look at the difference.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's in your DNA. But you being the fundamentalist that you are do not believe that you are Spirit and that there's only one Spirit and that there is no separation of Spirit.
While it is true that there is a propensity to community in our dna, it is most commonly cultivated by recognition of our relationship with and to those who are troubled.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Claiming that something is bondage to sin without demonstrating the ACTUAL harm is not love. You Wish

Do you need to be hit by a truck before you admit that it hurts? Your problem is G-d is not your final authority on anything, your own imaginations and the imaginations of other men, is, and you twist His words to please your own flesh. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
You got it upside down. Self-love is our greatest adversary, it loves 'self' and sin more than the God that created us. And satan thrives on our self-love because we just love to feel so important and big. We are willing to sell our soul for a little temporal pleasure and fame that feeds our self-love, even though it'll cost us dearly in eternal life, that is how blinded we are by our self-love to the point that we choke in it.

But humbling ourselves and loving Jesus Christ is the Gospel. It's not all about us, it's about Christ. Paul called himself a wretched man, but he was a most blessed wretch saved by amazing grace.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Exactly, bang on again. When He said why callest me good, there is NONE good but the Father, He was referring to the flesh man. There is NOTHING about the flesh that is good, it was not designed to be, it was purposed as a tool, and that's it. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Do you need to be hit by a truck before you admit that it hurts? Your problem is G-d is not your final authority on anything, your own imaginations and the imaginations of other men, is, and you twist His words to please your own flesh. Peace
Your problem is that you believe in a god of power and arbitrary rules instead of the God of love that Jesus revealed and NEED the authority of words written by men of the same persuasion to bolster your controlling spirit. You Wish

Old 06-12-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Which UR brothers are in denial of the process? Don't fall for the straw man these fundamentalists set up that "agape" is just acceptance of any kind of behavior. This is a LIE they have been confronted witrh many times butr keep repeating because that lie is all they have to hang their controlling impulses on.

It's hardly a lie, your flesh and the flesh of the others supporting your stance, continually post things confirming it. The lie is that you don't. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
You and Chanokh just keep repeating this lie in spite of having been told the truth about concern for the well being of everyone including that recognition that harm may be done to others and self and needs to be addressed, not "glossed over."

As I said, not paying attention, but now I should point out that it is blatantly ignoring and consciously promoting a lie.

As I said above, look in the mirror. You say that, then post things that are contrary in nature to what you said, ie. a lie. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity