Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 05:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,068,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
She has a restless aspiration for self-improvement, while taking it out on others.

Ridiculous. You still just don't get it, do you? SELF cannot be improved, it's only function is to DIE. Self-improvement is the mantra of all false religions. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well said, Pleroo!! The "God IS agape love" throws all their hateful beliefs into the crapper and their only response is to hate. If the TWO commandments fulfill ALL the Law, then it is the love of God and each other that fulfills all the law. That means the actual purpose of the law (the principle behind them) was to prevent us from hurting or harming one another as any parent would want for His children. Since they cannot show any harm from a committed SSM, they lash out.

You see hate where there is no hate, and that is your only defense for condoning sin. If someone doesn't condone it, then it must be hate motivating them. Ridiculous.

And no one has to "show any harm from a committed SSM", the Word and other witnesses clearly expose it for what it is. You just choose to ignore it and call it "love". Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 06:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ridiculous. You still just don't get it, do you?
Evil Under the Sun

Again I saw all the oppression's that are done under the sun. And behold, the tears of the oppressed, and they had no one to comfort them! On the side of their oppressors there was power, and there was no one to comfort them. And I thought the dead who are already dead more fortunate than the living who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, and has not seen the evil deeds that are done under the sun.

Then I saw that all toil and all skill in work comes from a man's envy of his neighbor. This also is vanity and a striving after wind. The fool folds his hands and eats his own flesh. Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil; and a striving after wind.

Again, I saw vanity under the sun: one person who has no other, either son or brother. Yet there is no end to all his toil, and his eyes are never satisfied with riches, so that he never asks, "For whom am I toiling and depriving myself of pleasure?" This also is vanity and an unhappy business.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Better is a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king who no longer knew how to take advice. For he went from prison to the throne, though in his own kingdom he had been born poor. I saw all the living who move about under the sun, along with that youth who was to stand in the king's place. There was no end of all the people, all of whom he led. Yet those who come later will not rejoice in him. Surely, this also is vanity and a striving after wind.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:27 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,387,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
While it is true that there is a propensity to community in our dna, it is most commonly cultivated by recognition of our relationship with and to those who are troubled.
Very true Mr Nate.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Evil Under the Sun

Again I saw all the oppression's that are done under the sun. And behold, the tears of the oppressed, and they had no one to comfort them! On the side of their oppressors there was power, and there was no one to comfort them. And I thought the dead who are already dead more fortunate than the living who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, and has not seen the evil deeds that are done under the sun.

Then I saw that all toil and all skill in work comes from a man's envy of his neighbor. This also is vanity and a striving after wind. The fool folds his hands and eats his own flesh. Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil; and a striving after wind.

Again, I saw vanity under the sun: one person who has no other, either son or brother. Yet there is no end to all his toil, and his eyes are never satisfied with riches, so that he never asks, "For whom am I toiling and depriving myself of pleasure?" This also is vanity and an unhappy business.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Better is a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king who no longer knew how to take advice. For he went from prison to the throne, though in his own kingdom he had been born poor. I saw all the living who move about under the sun, along with that youth who was to stand in the king's place. There was no end of all the people, all of whom he led. Yet those who come later will not rejoice in him. Surely, this also is vanity and a striving after wind.

Good. Now tell me what it means spiritually. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 10:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
Quote:
Ridiculous. You still just don't get it, do you? SELF cannot be improved, it's only function is to DIE. Self-improvement is the mantra of all false religions. Peace
Another lie.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 PM

15,912 posts, read 6,382,983 times
Quote:
What do you mean by that? Is this like a Buddhist thing? Is the self the ego to you?

Old 06-12-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Another lie.

Really? If you dress up a pig in lipstick and a dress, it's still a pig. That's about the size of what man's attempts to change himself from the outside in (religion including self help, New Age, ect.) do for man. G-d, on the other hand, changes man from the inside OUT, and He's the only one who can add one cubit to his stature. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What do you mean by that? Is this like a Buddhist thing? Is the self the ego to you?

I am not talking about Buddists. But since you brought it up, tell me: WHO told you, you have an "ego"?
Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 10:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
Quote:
Really? If you dress up a pig in lipstick and a dress, it's still a pig. That's about the size of what man's attempts to change himself from the outside in (religion including self help, New Age, ect.) do for man. G-d, on the other hand, changes man from the inside OUT, and He's the only one who can add one cubit to his stature. Peace
Just because you are congenitally unable to evolve because of some unfortunate birth defect doesn't mean the rest of us cannot.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity