Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 10:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,070,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Just because you are congenitally unable to evolve because of some unfortunate birth defect doesn't mean the rest of us cannot.

Are you seriously THAT immature and childish? Really? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 10:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,275,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Are you seriously THAT immature and childish? Really? Peace
Is that all you got?

Really?

Piece.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:50 PM

15,929 posts, read 6,387,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I am not talking about Buddists. But since you brought it up, tell me: WHO told you, you have an "ego"?
Peace
I was trying to figure out what you were talking about and it kind of reminded me of what few Buddhist things I have read. Your above response to Trout shed some light on it. It looks like you are more talking about locus of control. Am I understanding you correctly that you have an external locus of control and believe God is responsible for personal development and it's less on the efforts of the individual? I have a very high internal locus of control and I am more "get off ur ass" and if you need help ask for it but first and foremost "get off ur ass". That doesn't work all too often by the way.

No one had to tell me I have an ego. I can see how much lipstick I am going through.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,122,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Hmmm.... we need law in the death realm to restrain evil. That's all I will say about that.

Except, as I recall, I believe the scripture says somewhere: "The LAW is GOOD when used LAWFULLY." But the law has certainly been abused a lot as well.

Mystic, you know that obedience has a blessing with it. I would not tell people to disobey their consciences.
Point for you...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The only way to not have fear( a fear due to a poor image of God we've held) before God is to have confidence before him. How have you confidence before him?.
Yup...So, your "they follow the rules out of fear" idea fails...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Egregious egotism and a couple of bricks shy?
Well, that's fairly offensive...What's ego have to do with knowing and doing what pleases G-d?...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
And another one who can't see and value the idea of a principle as the animating force for imperfect laws and the value of following the principle as opposed to those laws when the laws express that principle wrongly.

Seriously, Chanokh, look up "unprincipled" and compare it to "lawless."
Alright, suppose my principles are different than yours?...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that the trouble may be that you are not paying attention when the nature of "agape" is explained.

13For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 14For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”c 15But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.
Love your neighbor as yourself is expressed in the Torah...So, nothing new...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
The laws can NEVER express spiritual princiles fully and many people don't understand this, going off on the letter ratheer that the principle intended.

You don't seem to understand this.

Rhe letter kills but the Spirit gives life.
You don't understand "the letter kills", you are just parroting the writer who wrote that...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It wasn't meant to kill the flesh, it was meant to point us away to something that would cause us to live in peace and harmony in this hell hole we call earth........ To be spiritually minded is life and peace
Hmmm...Doesn't seem to be working...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity