Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 10:23 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
1. You brought up your daughter. My point remains true. You want to teach your daughter to succeed in life? Teach her to be honest, and to be correctable.

2. My point remains about Imiss....she has displayed an obnoxious attitude of hatred and has shown to be unteachable. Not traits that help a person succeed in life.
Hi, BF!

Just because I don't buy your particular line of bull, does not mean I am "unteachable", and every time you say something this ignorant, you further prove my point. You guys NEED people like me to be "unteachable" and "dishonest", so you can continue to float along blissful in your little bubble of ignorance. Thinking I am nothing more than an angry God hater helps you with that. And it's funny, because I keep asking you guys where I have been dishonest, and you can't ever seem to come up with an answer... Why is that?

Old 10-22-2019, 10:24 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Maybe you only see it because those are the threads you hang out on, and those are the threads that dominate this forum. It's weird...there aren't a lot of people defending adultery on this forum, or starting 800 page threads to talk about how it's good for society and that God loves adulterers just the way they are. Or about how Christians are wrong to tell adulterers they are sinners.

Oh good grief. This again? This is why I say you've displayed an obnoxious attitude and are unteachable.
I've told you what I meant by this many many times. No (huge eyeroll), homosexuals are not alcoholics, or kleptomaniacs, etc.....some might be, but they are are not the same sin. The fact that you can't get past that simple little statement speaks volumes.

They're sin. They're all sin. We are called to deny our sin and follow Christ.
I even went as far as to post the official definition of "equate" which means to say the two things are the same and she still ignored it. Someone like that just can't admit they are wrong on anything. I guess they think if they keep repeating the false points enough, people will believe it.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:26 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I even went as far as to post the official definition of "equate" which means to say the two things are the same and she still ignored it. Someone like that just can't admit they are wrong on anything. I guess they think if they keep repeating the false points enough, people will believe it.
You mean like quoting and misrepresenting us? Is that wrong?

Old 10-22-2019, 10:27 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Hi, BF!

Just because I don't buy your particular line of bull, does not mean I am "unteachable", and every time you say something this ignorant, you further prove my point. You guys NEED people like me to be "unteachable" and "dishonest", so you can continue to float along blissful in your little bubble of ignorance. Thinking I am nothing more than an angry God hater helps you with that. And it's funny, because I keep asking you guys where I have been dishonest, and you can't ever seem to come up with an answer... Why is that?
Saying that we equated gay people to pedophiles was being quite dishonest. We even specifically said that we do not believe such a thing at all and you still continue to make the claim. Enough with the word games. You know exactly the point we were making.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Hi, BF!

Repeatedly having something explained to you about what I believe, then continuing to lie about me and misrepresent what I say leads me to say you are unteachable. Either that or you're maliciously dishonest. Unteachable sounds better.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Maybe you only see it because those are the threads you hang out on, and those are the threads that dominate this forum. It's weird...there aren't a lot of people defending adultery on this forum, or starting 800 page threads to talk about how it's good for society and that God loves adulterers just the way they are. Or about how Christians are wrong to tell adulterers they are sinners.
Are adulterers having to "deny themselves", BF? I fail to see how this relates to homosexuals. As an adulterer, you are making a choice to commit adultery, and you are harming others. Again, not remotely similar to being gay. Wanna try and explain how it is?

Quote:
Oh good grief. This again? This is why I say you've displayed an obnoxious attitude and are unteachable.
I've told you what I meant by this many many times. No (huge eyeroll), homosexuals are not alcoholics, or kleptomaniacs, etc.....some might be, but they are are not the same sin. The fact that you can't get past that simple little statement speaks volumes.

They're sin. They're all sin. We are called to deny our sin and follow Christ.
I said you are equating the two, not that you are saying they are those things. Why do you guys always do that? Change what someone said? Do you have a handbook that shows you how or something?

The point, since you clearly didn't address it, is that you equate being gay to other sins, yet you treat it differently. Why is that? Why do you think God calls for gay people to "deny themselves", but not others? And please, do not use examples that make no sense, such as being an alcoholic (not part of who you are, and a choice, and harms), kleptomania (a crime, not part of who you are, harms, a choice), or adultery (not part of who you are, harms others, a choice), because those aren't comparable.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Sad reality is you want the lurkers to embrace sin. And I will continue to stand up for the truth and show that there is freedom in Christ. The suggestion that there is no harm with the LGBTQ community is flat out fiction. STD stats and the damage done to Christian business owners are massive examples of harm.
You do know that a lot of people do not consider being gay a sin? Including many Christians? So there is no "sin" to be embraced. There is harm in EVERY community, Jeff, and I haven't said otherwise. Being gay in and of itself does no harm. Having gay relations, in and of themselves, does no harm.

Those STD stats? You guys have only shown it for gay men. What about gay women? The damage to Christian business owners? Brought upon themselves, by being discriminatory, and just generally being idiots.

Quote:
Because nothing good comes out of sin. This is the ugly messed up world the LGBTQ community has created:

https://christiannews.net/2019/10/22...n-into-a-girl/
As I have said before, on this very thread, I disagree with anything being done that early in life. There are bad parents everywhere, as well, and the mom in your article is clearly one of them. And these are straight parents, as well, so you can hardly blame the gay community for that, can you?

Quote:
And I explained to you what I meant. Just because you aren't smart enough to read and understand it, doesn't change that fact. If you don't think that two things are the same, similar, etc, you wouldn't use one in an argument against the other. So, come back when you have an ounce of integrity and honesty, and we can talk. I know that won't happen though, because you have made it clear that you don't there is anything wrong with equating and comparing gay people to pedophiles and other things.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Are adulterers having to "deny themselves", BF?
Yes.
Quote:

I fail to see how this relates to homosexuals.
Homosexuality is a sin. So is sex outside of marriage.
Quote:

As an adulterer, you are making a choice to commit adultery, and you are harming others. Again, not remotely similar to being gay. Wanna try and explain how it is?
Completely irrelevant. The Bible never gives a disclaimer to a sin for a condition of not harming anyone else.

If God is important to us, we should be willing to deny ourselves. Whatever the sin.
Quote:

I said you are equating the two, not that you are saying they are those things. Why do you guys always do that? Change what someone said? Do you have a handbook that shows you how or something?
No. I'm not. Just please stop with this stupid nonsense. I will not be responding to any more posts of your's if you continue this garbage.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Saying that we equated gay people to pedophiles was being quite dishonest. We even specifically said that we do not believe such a thing at all and you still continue to make the claim. Enough with the word games. You know exactly the point we were making.
Explained many times before what I meant. Your dishonesty and continued ignorance matters not in the least.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Repeatedly having something explained to you about what I believe, then continuing to lie about me and misrepresent what I say leads me to say you are unteachable. Either that or you're maliciously dishonest. Unteachable sounds better.
Like what, BF? What did I misrepresent, EXACTLY. Please, do tell, so I can explain to you what I said, again. Maybe the 41st time will be the charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity