Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 03:22 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Have you been caught beating your wife or kicking the dog?
No; I got married after receiving Christ and I don't have a dog.

Although I won't say that when I did have one, I never kicked him in anger.

That was all B.C. though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 04:01 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The doctrine of Penal Substitution is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

By calling it fallacious, you are denying the gospel that alone can save you.
Whatever you say, Kemosabe. Although, you are in error and flat out wrong.

Old 09-12-2021, 04:09 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Whatever you say, Kemosabe. Although, you are in error and flat out wrong.
Matt. 20:28

"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

Jerwade, can you explain to us what this verse means?

Old 09-12-2021, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Have you been caught beating your wife or kicking the dog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No; I got married after receiving Christ and I don't have a dog.

Although I won't say that when I did have one, I never kicked him in anger.

That was all B.C. though.
You have kicked the dog in anger, but have not been caught yet, beating the wife.
These were merely rhetorical questions, you do know that, right? Good grief, man.

Would you consider yourself, naive?

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-12-2021 at 04:32 AM..

Old 09-12-2021, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Matt. 20:28

"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

Jerwade, can you explain to us what this verse means?
Who is the ransom being paid to Satan? And, how do you equate that to a Penal Substitution?

Old 09-12-2021, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Who is the ransom being paid to Satan? And, how do you equate that to a Penal Substitution?
Your questions here will be answered if you interpret the verse!

What does the word "ransom" mean in the Greek?

Old 09-12-2021, 05:08 AM

There are some who read the scripture and take it for what it says, then study to understand why it says that!

Then there are some who read the scripture and don't want it to say that and begin to reason as how they can prove it not to be. They neglect the study to prove from other scripture the truth they have read!

The end result is false doctrine! Enough of false doctrine taken in from this practice will blind one to proper faith for salvation.

Thus comes the necessity for Christ to say, "depart from me, I never knew you."

Old 09-12-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Your questions here will be answered if you interpret the verse!
Who held you in bondage to SIN? Was it, Satan?

Quote:
What does the word "ransom" mean in the Greek?
Is it a propitiatory sacrifice designed to appease an angry, wrathful deity? Or, an expiatory sacrifice designed to effect a change in the heart and mind of those who witnessed his sacrifice?

Old 09-12-2021, 05:16 AM

Quote:
There are some who read the scripture and take it for what it says, then study to understand why it says that!

Then there are some who read the scripture and don't want it to say that and begin to reason as how they can prove it not to be. They neglect the study to prove from other scripture the truth they have read!

The end result is false doctrine! Enough of false doctrine taken in from this practice will blind one to proper faith for salvation.

Thus comes the necessity for Christ to say, "depart from me, I never knew you."
Is this just more of your ignorance or are you merely being an accuser of the brethren, Charlie?

What is really absurd in the notion that you must tear down a person to see themselves as being unworthy and deserving of God’s wrath – at least that seems to be the approach when it comes to brainwashing. Once their self-esteem has reached a low point, they are more acceptable to having their brains "hijacked."

Old 09-12-2021, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Who held you in bondage to SIN? Was it, Satan?

Is it a propitiatory sacrifice designed to appease an angry, wrathful deity? Or, an expiatory sacrifice designed to effect a change in the heart and mind of those who witnessed his sacrifice?
Be contrary to the truth, Jerwade! Several have warned you until blue in the face!

The One with the power to execute all things will show you all you need to know in the end!

You will not take the Word for what its says, so He will have to show you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity