Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 05:32 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Be contrary to the truth, Jerwade! Several have warned you until blue in the face!

The One with the power to execute all things will show you all you need to know in the end!

You will not take the Word for what its says, so He will have to show you!
I see you couldn't answer any of the questions as usual, Charlie.
Perhaps, you should sleep on it! Your warnings are irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 05:35 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I see you couldn't answer any of the questions as usual, Charlie.

Perhaps, you should sleep on it! Your warnings are irrelevant.
Yes, you're right, Jerwade, I don't know! You will have to discuss this with someone else who does know!

I haven't got a clue.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:53 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
From the beginning, it has been God's intention to be man's teacher.
Man chose rebellion. and to this day man still chooses rebellion. Hence sin remains.
The debt is to God man is bound because of this rebellion.
Jesus created all things (John1 and provides those under His Lordship the Holy Spirit to teach God's will.
The scriptures exist for men without the Holy Spirit, in hope, to lead them to this relationship. God does not force any one to repent, never did never will.
God's judgment stands until a man chooses Jesus' Lordship, and it needs to be recognized from His point of view not that of men. Matthew 7;21,22,23, John 3; 16,17,18, One could have the bible memorized and know it greek and Hebrew and have a doctorate in theology and still be lost not having a relationship In Jesus Lordship.
Knowledge puffs up the ego, "I am right, you are wrong".
However, in eternity, all that knowledge gained of men and scriptures will be a disappointment.
Satan attempted to scriptures to tempt Jesus, abusing the spirit of the written word. Jesus knew better, do you?
There is a big difference between tripping and throwing one's self down to test God. Matthew 4;
Do you understand?
Some I see do not, but use the scriptures to their own will, justifying their own agenda, and even if one is accidentally right in an area, the fact remains, if they did not get it from God,it is circumventing God's provision/design.
Early Christians had no scriptures t work with but the Holy Spirit Jesus provided. How are you better than they if you have not this tutelage?
The focus needs to be on this relationship, and when this is right then God can teach, as it should be.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:29 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The doctrine of Penal Substitution is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

By calling it fallacious, you are denying the gospel that alone can save you.
It serves to reason, by any measure that you dont have a single clue about the concepts of Judaism you speak of.

You are so sure about a religion, their concepts and their traditions without having the least bit if interest to pick up a book to study what you falsley consider yourself an expert in.

Although you haven't even seen the materials that hold the facts hell, you dont even want to study them BUT of OF COURSE, you are right, and every single person in the religion of messiah is wrong, all of them educated and learned of the religion of Christ, I guess your IGNORANCE TRUMPS ANYONE KNOWLEDGABLE IN THE ACTUAL STUDY OF THE RELIGION YOU FALSELY CLAIM TO BE IN, FALSLEY CLAIMING A POWER YOU DONT HAVE.
Of course the ignorant should be way more honored than the one who lives it,KNOWS IT, AND LOVED IT.

O yeah, you must be right, it must be that the person that knows anything about the religion of messiah, and all these people who actually study Gods religion, THEY MYST BE WRONG, AFTER ALL, THEY SPEND THEIR DAYS AND NIGHTS STUDYING THE WAYS OF GOD.

YUP, YOU COME ALONG after thousands of years of Jewish concepts you never even heard of, and.of course your ignorance of the entire subject MUST be way more superior to people who live it and study it.

It's just so ridiculous.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-12-2021 at 10:38 AM..

Old 09-12-2021, 01:47 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Who held you in bondage to SIN? Was it, Satan?

Is it a propitiatory sacrifice designed to appease an angry, wrathful deity? Or, an expiatory sacrifice designed to effect a change in the heart and mind of those who witnessed his sacrifice?

Old 09-12-2021, 02:45 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
...Neither say what you want it to say so it needs to be changed! Looks like a problem with discipline to me!
Sorry Charlie, but have you noticed that church attendance is falling, as well as persons identifying with any religion at all? That's because it is no longer relevant. As for the Constitution, when it takes an entire Constitutional Law library to decipher what it actually means, it also is no longer relevant.

You are a dinosaur.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:48 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Sorry Charlie, but have you noticed that church attendance is falling, as well as persons identifying with any religion at all? That's because it is no longer relevant. As for the Constitution, when it takes an entire Constitutional Law library to decipher what it actually means, it also is no longer relevant.

You are a dinosaur.
Some types of church/assembling/attendance are certainly falling and others are rising

Some things you can’t put in a box

Old 09-12-2021, 04:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Some types of church/assembling/attendance are certainly falling and others are rising

Bear Claws or donuts fit nicely.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:34 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Quote:
Although, you are in error and flat out wrong.
Nope.

Quote:
You have kicked the dog in anger, but have not been caught yet, beating the wife.
These were merely rhetorical questions, you do know that, right? Good grief, man.

Would you consider yourself, naive?
No, just transparent.

And if I have beaten my wife, that sin is underneath the blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post

You are a dinosaur.
I believe that it was Neitszche who proclaimed that Christianity was becoming irrelevant in his day and that it would not have any effect on society any more within a matter of years.

Then the Great Awakening happened; and Neitszche's house was converted into a home for a Bible printing press.

I may be thinking of a different atheist.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-12-2021 at 06:16 PM..

Old 09-17-2021, 11:16 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

Actually, nothing can be put in a box, or a category, without reducing it to less than it is. That is the failing of humans in general. My worship of God is that God is not separate, and it is we that have our being in God. There is nothing where God is not because all things are in God. I rely on the wisdom teaching of all people's and find at their core they are all saying the same things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I believe that it was Neitszche who proclaimed that Christianity was becoming irrelevant in his day and that it would not have any effect on society any more within a matter of years.

Then the Great Awakening happened; and Neitszche's house was converted into a home for a Bible printing press.

I may be thinking of a different atheist.
I don't actually think that any person is a true atheist. God cannot be denied indefinitely. Eventually God will make itself known to each of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity