Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 11:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An infinite punishment for a finite life is not merciful, nor for merely not believing your nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God's life is an infinite life and is sufficient to pay the price for billions of souls who place their trust in Jesus and what He did for them on the Cross.

I'm sorry that you will not avail yourself of this extravagant gift of God.

It is sad because it would be so simple for you to receive it.

But something in your will says "no" to grace; and so you are left outside of the bounds of grace in that you have rejected God's free gift of salvation through what Jesus did for you on the Cross.
Grace is the empowering Presence and Power of God which enables you to be who He created you to be; and to do what He has called you to do, it has nothing to do with condemnation and your view of justice. Eternal punishment is a corrupt tree, a false teaching of man which brings forth evil fruit. It fosters self-righteousness and a vindictive spirit within those professing to be Christian. Like the pagan gods, it rules by threat and intimidation for there is nothing good or loving about it.

Apparently, Jesus was more concerned with all of humanity, rather than that of just a few which you desire to condemn. My beliefs do not incorporate those you support, which are not real, nor reality itself. I walked away from the teaching of ignorant fundamentalists such as yourself, not from that of an intelligent design for the maturation of humanity which is in need of Spiritual growth. An appeal to the reader, examine your own heart as to the nature of God's love and his judgments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 08:47 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Grace is the empowering Presence and Power of God which enables you to be who He created you to be; and to do what He has called you to do, it has nothing to do with condemnation and your view of justice. Eternal punishment is a corrupt tree, a false teaching of man which brings forth evil fruit. It fosters self-righteousness and a vindictive spirit within those professing to be Christian. Like the pagan gods, it rules by threat and intimidation for there is nothing good or loving about it.

Apparently, Jesus was more concerned with all of humanity, rather than that of just a few which you desire to condemn. My beliefs do not incorporate those you support, which are not real, nor reality itself. I walked away from the teaching of ignorant fundamentalists such as yourself, not from that of an intelligent design for the maturation of humanity which is in need of Spiritual growth. An appeal to the reader, examine your own heart as to the nature of God's love and his judgments.
Ah, my brother, Jer! This is a well-written witness from a sincere heart of agape love who, like me, gets frustrated by the wrath-induced ignorance from reading the OT and Moses!

Old 08-27-2021, 09:05 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah, my brother, Jer! This is a well-written witness from a sincere heart of agape love who, like me, gets frustrated by the wrath-induced ignorance from reading the OT and Moses!
It really is like trying to play baseball with people that are instead trying to follow the rules of chess. You're just on completely different wavelength, and I've seen no effort to begin to understand anything that anyone says beyond the spirit that catfished you.

Old 08-27-2021, 11:08 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It really is like trying to play baseball with people that are instead trying to follow the rules of chess. You're just on completely different wavelength, and I've seen no effort to begin to understand anything that anyone says beyond the spirit that catfished you.
In other words, like the one that brainwashed you?

Old 08-27-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The Spirit of Jesus Christ on the Cross catfished me with the Truth God has "written in our hearts," BF. The letter that kills "written in ink" by men has catfished you under the veil of wrath-induced blindness to the Spirit of Christ. (2nd Corinthians 3:14-17)

Old 08-27-2021, 12:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
The Spirit of Jesus Christ on the Cross catfished me with the Truth God has "written in our hearts," BF. The letter that kills "written in ink" by men has catfished you under the veil of wrath-induced blindness to the Spirit of Christ. (2nd Corinthians 3:14-17)
I don't believe the spirit was who it said it was. You haven't proven that. Why would we possibly believe you? Because you, who couldn't exegete yourself out of a wet paper bag, says it was? Sorry. Not buying it.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:22 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:

Yet, everlasting punishment is in fact taught by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

See Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50, 25:46.

And also consider the following.

Mar 9:42, And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Mar 9:43, And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45, And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/.../t_conc_966043

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexi...62/kjv/tr/0-1/

Wherein, here is the meaning in the Greek language of the terminology "NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED"

The KJV translates Strong's G762 in the following manner: unquenchable (2x), never shall be quenched (2x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
unquenched, unquenchable

of eternal hell fire to punish the damned

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
ἄσβεστος ásbestos, as'-bes-tos; from G1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of G4570; not extinguished, i.e. (by implication) perpetual:—not to be quenched, unquenchable.
Thayer's Greek Lexicon [?](Jump to Scripture Index)
STRONGS NT 762: ἄσβεστος
ἄσβεστος, -ον, (σβέννυμι), unquenched (Ovid, inexstinctus), unquenchable (Vulg. inexstinguibilis): πῦρ, Matthew 3:12; Luke 3:17; Mark 9:43, and R G L brackets in 45. (Often in Homer; πῦρ ἄσβ. of the perpetual fire of Vesta, Dionysius Halicarnassus, Antiquities 1, 76; [of the fire on the altar, Philo de ebriet. § 34 (Mang. i. 378); de vict. off. § 5 (Mang. 2:254); of the fire of the magi, Strabo 15 (3) 15; see also Plutarch, symp. 50:7, probl. 4; Aelian nat. an. 5, 3; cf. Heinichen on Eusebius, h. e. 6, 41, 15].)

But you have been clearly shown these things and yet continue to ignore or deny them in a public manner.

Consider also the meaning in the English of the word "NEVER"

Old 08-27-2021, 01:29 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
I do believe that those who instituted the recent terrorist attack in Afghanistan are deserving of everlasting punishment, after seeing the footage of the aftermath on Fox News.

That one brought me to tears.

I pray for divine justice to be meted out in that situation.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
::Sigh:: You insist on lying and you will regret it mightily, BF. No Spirit said anything to me.I directly experienced an overarching consciousness that was undeniably God and it erased my atheism instantly. It took me decades to convince my intellect how it could possibly be true. When searching the spiritual fossil record for thoughts about God, I found the description of Jesus Christ's reaction to His horrendous scourging and crucifixion with agape love and forgiveness, even for His torturers and murderers. I recognized it exactly matched the consciousness I encountered and decided to adopt Christianity.

My experience with trying to reconcile the existing dogma with my experience of Christ's consciousness and His revelation on the Cross has been an exercise in frustration and futility since so little of it matches Jesus as represented on the Cross. Our barbaric primitive ancestors had some truly awful beliefs about God as described in the Bible and the current Christians seem to have bought it all hook line and sinker!

Old 08-27-2021, 03:20 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity