Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 07:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is written that in the last days men will not endure sound doctrine but will heap to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear.

Given that sound doctrine is defined as biblical doctrine, the false teaching that people's ears are "itching for" would have to be something that denies biblical doctrine and takes the rug out from under the preaching of what we might call sound doctrine.

It is MysticPhD's preaching that does this most succinctly.

Now all of the Bible is not the determinant of sound doctrine; but now we can take our own predetermined bias against the justice and wrath of Almighty God, and judge the Bible to be untrue inasmuch as it teaches these things.

It is truly what itching ears want to hear, that God has no wrath or justice against sin; and that there is therefore no accountabillity for a sinful lifestyle within the realm of what we might call sound doctrine.

Because sound doctrine ceases to be defined as biblical doctrine and is re-defined as "that which lines up with God's agape love". Translation: if there is anything I don't like in scripture because it makes me feel bad, or if there is anything that speaks of judgment or the wrath of God, I can discount it in my thinking because it doesn't line up with my idea of what God's agape love is all about.

What this will do is create a people who has no fear of the LORD and therefore has no wisdom (Job 28:28).

They will walk headlong into the fires of judgment thinking that there is no such thing as the fire of judgment.

And satan will attempt to say that God tricked these people by leading them to believe that the fires of judgment do not exist when in fact they do exist.

When in all reality it was the devil who deceived them into thinking that there were no fires of judgment.

When God gave ample warning to all, in the context of His word, that His judgment is certain; and these people ignored the preaching that told them the truth of the matter and heaped to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears wanted to hear.
You sound like the little boy who kept shaking the bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 07:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You sound like the little boy who kept shaking the bush.
I'm not familiar with that story...would you care to elaborate?

Old 09-07-2021, 08:50 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
It is MysticPhD's preaching that does this most succinctly.

Now all of the Bible is not the determinant of sound doctrine; but now we can take our own predetermined bias against the justice and wrath of Almighty God, and judge the Bible to be untrue inasmuch as it teaches these things.

It is truly what itching ears want to hear, that God has no wrath or justice against sin; and that there is, therefore, no accountability for a sinful lifestyle within the realm of what we might call sound doctrine.
You need to stop LYING about my views, JBF. God will NOT be pleased with a liar. It is not my own predetermined bias, it is the unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. Jesus is God in the Flesh. His Spirit is God's Spirit. He showed no evidence or even a hint of wrath or vengeance in Him on the Cross.

He also told us that God IS agape love, not that God HAS agape love, but that God IS agape love. God would not have wrath that is against His very essence!!! God is not angry with us and never has been! He loves us more than we are capable of understanding.

There ARE negative consequences and accountability for a sinful lifestyle, but they are NOT eternal and unending as you demand they be, JBF. They also have no impact on our salvation. We have nothing to do with that. Jesus saved us and it is finished!!! What God wants from us is the same agape love of God and each other that Jesus demonstrated on the Cross. If we get in the states of mind associated with agape love as often as possible with a love of God and each other every day, we can do no wrong, period!

When we fail, we can repent and repair the damage so there is nothing to fear. Our savage ancestors needed a fear of God to tame their savagery. We do not. Love casts out all fear so the true evangels of Christ will promote God's love. But fear casts out love, so avoid the messages of the adversary-inspired fear-mongers.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You need to stop LYING about my views, JBF. God will NOT be pleased with a liar. It is not my own predetermined bias, it is the unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross. Jesus is God in the Flesh. His Spirit is God's Spirit. He showed no evidence or even a hint of wrath or vengeance in Him on the Cross.

He also told us that God IS agape love, not that God HAS agape love, but that God IS agape love. God would not have wrath that is against His very essence!!! God is not angry with us and never has been! He loves us more than we are capable of understanding.

There ARE negative consequences and accountability for a sinful lifestyle, but they are NOT eternal and unending as you demand they be, JBF. They also have no impact on our salvation. We have nothing to do with that. Jesus saved us and it is finished!!! What God wants from us is the same agape love of God and each other that Jesus demonstrated on the Cross. If we get in the states of mind associated with agape love as often as possible with a love of God and each other every day, we can do no wrong, period!

When we fail, we can repent and repair the damage so there is nothing to fear. Our savage ancestors needed a fear of God to tame their savagery. We do not. Love casts out all fear so the true evangels of Christ will promote God's love. But fear casts out love, so avoid the messages of the adversary-inspired fear-mongers.
No, nowhere in scripture does it say that fear cast out love. It says that love casts out fear. But not the fear of the Lord; otherwise love is conducive to foolishness (Job 28:28); because the fear of the Lord is wisdom and if love casts out the fear of the Lord, then love casts out wisdom.

I have not been lying about your views; but you have been presenting a dishonest presentation of your views; saying that you believe that you are testing the scriptures by God's agape love. I will say that your idea of God's agape love is skewed because you seem to think that it doesn't include real justice and/or the wrath of God as demonstrated by Jesus Christ when He returns to earth (Revelation 6:12-17).

Again, you have concocted an idol in your mind and have called it Jehovah; but it is certainly a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible that you believe in. Therefore your mind has been corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3-4).

That God has wrath, anger, and justice against sin is evident in such passages as Psalms 5:5-6, 7:11, 11:5, and Nahum 1:2-3. This is not an exhaustive list.

And I certainly do not demand that the consequences for sin be eternal. If it were up to me, I would love it if everyone who was punished were only punished temporally. It is just that that is not the teaching of the Bible.

For it is clear to me that if Matthew 25:46 merely speaks of age-during punishment, then John 3:16 merely speaks of age-during life; and that means that the recipients of the promise will be snuffed out after an indefinite period of time. And I believe that that is preaching everlasting punishment for those who are redeemed!

Because what does it feel like for one's life to be snuffed out? Have you ever tried to hold your breath for more than five minutes?

Old 09-08-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Have you ever tried to hold your breath for more than five minutes?
I know a young lady in the Hawaiian Islands who holds her breath for over six minutes, while swimming in the Ocean and holding onto Great Whites, her name is Ocean Ramsey. She is also a Dive Master and a shark advocate, among other things. And, a great person!

Old 09-08-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I know a young lady in the Hawaiian Islands who holds her breath for over six minutes, while swimming in the Ocean and holding onto Great Whites, her name is Ocean Ramsey. She is also a Dive Master and a shark advocate, among other things. And, a great person!

Jesus is the Official Dive Master that Rescues ALL OF HUMANITY!

Old 09-08-2021, 05:42 PM

Tell her to hold her breath for more than five hours, without breathing at all. She will know what it feels like to be snuffed out.

And Jesus did die for the sins of all; however, only those who appropriate His blood through faith are recipients of the divine promise.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-08-2021 at 07:10 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Tell her to hold her breath for more than five hours, without breathing at all. She will know what it feels like to be snuffed out.

And Jesus did die for the sins of all; however, only those who appropriate His blood through faith are recipients of the divine promise.
I am fairly certain that she wold tell you to go pound sand.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:52 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
The Bible is one of many wisdom teachings that adopted richly from other wisdom teachings. God speaks through many avatars, Moses being one, Christ being one, Buddha, Muhammed. Then the wisdom gets mutilated by men seeking power over others, like "Saint" Paul who saw a perfect opportunity to take power over Christ's disciples. (I've read both testaments at numerous times and have yet to make sense of Christianity from my readings.)

As far as I can tell, like the American Constitution, the Bible needs an update. Apparently modern man cannot understand that the writers of the Bible used existing historic myths and parables to guide their communities on a righteous path. It is meant to address an individual, not an entire people. Those that want a literal interpretation need to go back and read the history of the Bible, and re-read the testaments as a spiritual guidance for them, the reader. It was never intended to be used as a bludgeon on others.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
The Bible is one of many wisdom teachings that adopted richly from other wisdom teachings. God speaks through many avatars, Moses being one, Christ being one, Buddha, Muhammed. Then the wisdom gets mutilated by men seeking power over others, like "Saint" Paul who saw a perfect opportunity to take power over Christ's disciples. (I've read both testaments at numerous times and have yet to make sense of Christianity from my readings.)

As far as I can tell, like the American Constitution, the Bible needs an update. Apparently modern man cannot understand that the writers of the Bible used existing historic myths and parables to guide their communities on a righteous path. It is meant to address an individual, not an entire people. Those that want a literal interpretation need to go back and read the history of the Bible, and re-read the testaments as a spiritual guidance for them, the reader. It was never intended to be used as a bludgeon on others.
You couldn't have introduced yourself any better for us to know who you are!

"As far as I can tell, like the American Constitution, the Bible needs an update."

Neither say what you want it to say so it needs to be changed! Looks like a problem with discipline to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity