Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2021, 05:28 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
And, the grace given Paul proceeded his faith.

An assertion with no scriptural support.

Yes, we have access by faith into the grace wherein we stand. The access by faith is not the cause of the grace wherein we stand. That's obvious from simply reading the text.

Another assertion without support.

More assertions without support.

Yes, there is a difference.

LOL, show him in scripture where's he's wrong, Guru!

That's the least you could do! Or can you, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 05:38 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

I've already given him, and you, scripture and sound reasoning to support it. To go further would draw me into both your folly and his folly.

Pro 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I've already given him, and you, scripture and sound reasoning to support it. To go further would draw me into both your folly and his folly.

Pro 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him.
Oh, now you have developed a standard! Making progress there, Guru!

Old 08-21-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:

If you don't mind my asking Charlie24, how did you come to believe in the Arminian doctrines you hold to so strongly? Were you taught this in a particular church denomination? My guess is a free will baptist church by chance?

Or were you reading particular commentaries? And if so, which ones? My guess here would be Adam Clarke.

Am I close?

Old 08-21-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Oh, now you have developed a standard! Making progress there, Guru!
What standard might that be?

Old 08-21-2021, 06:36 PM

Quote:
If you don't mind my asking Charlie24, how did you come to believe in the Arminian doctrines you hold to so strongly? Were you taught this in a particular church denomination? My guess is a free will baptist church by chance?

Or were you reading particular commentaries? And if so, which ones? My guess here would be Adam Clarke.

Am I close?
Never heard of Adam Clarke. So I can't comment on that.

I was raised up in a Fundamental Independent Baptist Church. They were very strict in what a Christian should be, much more so then than now, and based everything on the scripture. Of course I was trained in that manner, to learn the scripture, honor God, and help my neighbor. But above all to do what you know is right according to scripture at all times.

The Independent Baptist Church I attend here would have been called into question by the one I was raised up in. But it's the best I can find at this present time, and seriously doubt I will ever see again the reverence given to God and His Word that I witnessed as a child and young man!

God doesn't change, the same God that said, let there be light, is the same God that's looking down on us now. But us, we have changed! We are continuously changing and the gap between us and God is growing.

In the short time of my life so far I have seen the respect of God and His Word just disappear at an alarming rate. Folks like me who teach what we have learned are old fashioned, it's not accepted anymore when it was at one time the standard all around, at least in my hometown in NC.

I suppose I have no choice but to live it out, but I will not depart from what I was taught as a child, it has served me very well, taking Him at His Word in faith, and doing what I know is right according to His Word!

Old 08-21-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Never heard of Adam Clarke. So I can't comment on that.

I was raised up in a Fundamental Independent Baptist Church. They were very strict in what a Christian should be, much more so then than now, and based everything on the scripture. Of course I was trained in that manner, to learn the scripture, honor God, and help my neighbor. But above all to do what you know is right according to scripture at all times.

The Independent Baptist Church I attend here would have been called into question by the one I was raised up in. But it's the best I can find at this present time, and seriously doubt I will ever see again the reverence given to God and His Word that I witnessed as a child and young man!

God doesn't change, the same God that said, let there be light, is the same God that's looking down on us now. But us, we have changed! We are continuously changing and the gap between us and God is growing.

In the short time of my life so far I have seen the respect of God and His Word just disappear at an alarming rate. Folks like me who teach what we have learned are old fashioned, it's not accepted anymore when it was at one time the standard all around, at least in my hometown in NC.

I suppose I have no choice but to live it out, but I will not depart from what I was taught as a child, it has served me very well, taking Him at His Word in faith, and doing what I know is right according to His Word!
Thanks for sharing that. God has given you much grace (Psa 84:11).

It helps myself, as well as other readers, to know where you're coming from.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:52 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
The, " Elect, election, the remnant," They are Israel.

I like how Gentiles throw themselves in there with the elect.

Romans
But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

All you Christians.keeping Easter and Christmas IS BAAL WORSHIP OMG, where you you think it comes from?

Paul was one of those 7000 elect along with tens of thousands of their families, THE ELECT OF ISRAEL.

It was ten years till the first Gentile convert, all those NON JEWISH ISRAELIES were all those non Jew converts to Judaism.

The whole idea has always been to bring Israel to Judah.

Why had Israel become the desolate house?

Because they rejected the feasts of God and they instituted Christmas and Easter a thousand years before Jesus.

Elijah and John had one sole mission, to bring Israel to Judah as Jesus said," I have only come for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

NON JEWS, THE ELECT.

Good God, now you guys claim to be the elect remnant of Israel, go figure.

Yea, you guys are the real Jews.

Old 08-22-2021, 12:44 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Easter is resurrection day and it was celebrated by the early church (Acts 12:4).

Old 08-22-2021, 12:52 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He is merely here to preach at people, and has absolutely no discernment.
Another lie from the pit.

I was once told by a pastor that I have the spiritual gift of discernment.

But of course satan would try to contest that.

Quote:
And, the grace given Paul proceeded his faith.

An assertion with no scriptural support.

Yes, we have access by faith into the grace wherein we stand. The access by faith is not the cause of the grace wherein we stand. That's obvious from simply reading the text.

More assertions without support.

Yes, there is a difference.

All of these assertions that you say have no support, also have no scripture that directly denies them as statements;

And I would say that many of your beliefs are also assertions that do not have support in holy scripture.

But I think that the support that I would give for my assertions is the fact (since you have admitted to being a five-point Calvinist) that in John 1:12, the scripture would have to read thus for the doctrines of Calvinism to be true.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as became the sons of God, to them gave he power to receive him, even to them that believe on his name:

Whereas what the scripture actually says is much different:

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The order in salvation is important in this passage.

One must first receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour; and then one receives the power to become a son of God.

One does not become a son of God and then receive the power to receive Him; as Calvinism would try to teach you; it is the other way around.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-22-2021 at 01:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity