Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2021, 05:25 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
There is a layering

And we are not to judge at the highest level ...... or the lowest (personal) level

Or rather we are to be selective in how we judge and who we judge because we are judged in that way as well

there is judgement at the greater, intermediate levels of all those that have this “calling” that is not for us personally- it is to be used when we gather together from where the scattering has occurred

Through the past 2000 years those “called” have left writings that are to be understood theologically, philosophically, relationally
I am not judging the sincerity or honesty of those who preceded us, Meerkat, but I am judging their misunderstanding of God based on the example of God's Holy Spirit of agape love that Jesus unambiguously demonstrated on the Cross. The retention of our primitive ancestors' interpretation of the wrath and vengeance of our ancestors as a punishment demanded by God to appease His nonexistent wrath for "whatever" is beyond the pale for a civilized mind, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 09:02 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe your testimony. If you experienced the agape love of God why did you ignore it when reading what our ancestors interpreted about what God supposedly said based on what they believed about God. God led you to the Bible to find God's word NOT to blindly accept everything in it as God's word, especially after allowing you to experience His agape love directly.

You are not only ignoring the revelation of Jesus on the Cross but your very own experience of God's Holy Spirit of agape love to believe our ancestors' primitive beliefs about a wrathful, vengeful War God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. Did His love feel like a wrathful War God to you?
I believe that Jesus truly said what is recorded of Him saying in John 14:26, 16:13.

Those words substantiate Peter's writings.

And Peter's writings substantiate Paul's writings (2 Peter 3:15-16).

Then, Paul's writings substantiate the rest of the Holy Bible as being inspired by "God's Holy Spirit of agape love" (2 Timothy 3:15-17).

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

That is one reason why I don't feel the need to test holy scripture as if it had not already been tested.

Another reason is that the aposltes who penned holy scripture were tested and found to be true (Revelation 2:2); otherwise their writings would not have been included as holy scripture.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:37 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
There is a layering

And we are not to judge at the highest level ...... or the lowest (personal) level

Or rather we are to be selective in how we judge
When you are me, it's very simple, of course being me, I dont have the propensity to understand a life without continual nagging and cursing myself being completely evil.

I swear I wished I was one of those ancient Catholics whipping the flesh off their back all night, if I thought it worked, I would have been dead long ago.

Trying not to sin is a joke from where I stand.

Of course I believe all flesh is evil.

Far be it for me to question God, he has judged me and given me blood to drink because I am worthy.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Of course I believe all flesh is evil.
That is actually gnosticism.

Jesus was and is not evil; and He is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Old 08-17-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
That is actually gnosticism.

Jesus was and is not evil; and He is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Luke
18And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 20Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. 21And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up. 22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Was Jesus a man or wasnt he?

If he wasnt, then there is no boast.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I believe that Jesus truly said what is recorded of Him saying in John 14:26, 16:13.
Those words substantiate Peter's writings.
And Peter's writings substantiate Paul's writings (2 Peter 3:15-16).
Then, Paul's writings substantiate the rest of the Holy Bible as being inspired by "God's Holy Spirit of agape love" (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
That is one reason why I don't feel the need to test holy scripture as if it had not already been tested.
Another reason is that the aposltes who penned holy scripture were tested and found to be true (Revelation 2:2); otherwise their writings would not have been included as holy scripture.
This is all very sad and dangerous human inference and wishful thinking that bears no resemblance to the reality of Bible selection, collation, composition, translation, transliteration, and copying over the centuries.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Luke
18And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. 20Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. 21And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up. 22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Was Jesus a man or wasnt he?

If he wasnt, then there is no boast.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say by this.

Jesus was asking the rich young ruler if he was going to take his statement the whole way and acknowledge that He is God.

Jesus was both Man and God in the hypostatic union.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
This is all very sad and dangerous human inference and wishful thinking that bears no resemblance to the reality of Bible selection, collation, composition, translation, transliteration, and copying over the centuries.
You can say whatever you want, but you are talking to somebody who believes the bible is the word of God, and that's why you can say whatever you want, it's worse than talking to an Arheist debating a bible they dont believe in either.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
All of which the Lord, by His Holy Spirit, was intimately involved in.

Because He is both Omnipotent and sovereign and loving.

Because He is Omnipotent and sovereign, He has the power to preserve His word throughout the centuries.

Because He is loving, He is motivated to do so.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
All of which the Lord, by His Holy Spirit, was intimately involved in.

Because He is both Omnipotent and sovereign and loving.

Because He is Omnipotent and sovereign, He has the power to preserve His word throughout the centuries.

Because He is loving, He is motivated to do so.
Again all human inferences and wishful thinking with all existing evidence indicating God did no such thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity