Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 10:04 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What on earth was the penalty for and to whom was it owed and for what???? You really need to grow up and abandon these childish fables.
The penalty is for justice against the sins that we commit, it is owed to God as He is the arbiter of justice; and the penalty is owed for the sins that we commit; for the sake of justice and judgment.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict you of JUDGMENT today, Mystic.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-15-2021 at 10:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 10:34 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The penalty is for justice against the sins that we commit, it is owed to God as He is the arbiter of justice; and the onealty is owed for the sins that we commit; for the sake of justice and judgment.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict you of JUDGMENT today, Mystic.
I pray that you will abandon your imperfect human concept of justice as punishment and realize that. God's perfect justice needs no punishment. He can balance the scales for ALL concerned, perpetrators and victims alike. Wrath, vengeance, and punishment are the result of our imperfect human justice.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I pray that you will abandon your imperfect human concept of justice as punishment and realize that. God's perfect justice needs no punishment. He can balance the scales for ALL concerned, perpetrators and victims alike. Wrath, vengeance, and punishment are the result of our imperfect human justice.
The Holy Spirit is on my side; and will be more likely to convict you of JUDGMENT than to convince me of your idea that there is no judgment.

Mal 2:17, Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

Old 08-15-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit is on my side; and will be more likely to convict you of JUDGMENT than to convince me of your idea that there is no judgment
I have not said there is no judgment. I said they are consequences but not punishments imposed by God. God has no need of our imperfect punishment to achieve justice. His divine justice balances the scales for ALL involved, perpetrators and victims alike.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:14 AM

MysticPhD,

Would you please elaborate on what you think are the differences between divine justice and human justice?

Define human justice;

And, define divine justice,

for me, please.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
MysticPhD,
Would you please elaborate on what you think are the differences between divine justice and human justice?
Define human justice;
And, define divine justice,
for me, please.
Of course, brother. Human justice is our imperfect attempt to rectify the inequities and injustices of human actions by establishing and enforcing punishments for offenses. It is our impotence to correct the deleterious effects on a victim that causes us to have to resort to the threat of punishment and the enforcement of it. We cannot help the victims of murder, for example.

Divine justice is God's perfect balancing of the scales for both the perpetrators and the victims, something we cannot do. God wants to correct the perpetrators' corrupt motivation and remove the negative ones by making the perpetrator experience whatever harm has been caused to any and all victims. This would be the negative consequences of reaping EXACTLY whatever they sowed.

The victims will be restored (in some unknown Divine fashion) to their pre-victim state and compensated for their harm by the power of God. Our ignorance of what the next stage IS or what happens in it prevents any further explanation of His Divine remedies of those imbalances, but we know He has the power and love to do it in His Kingdom.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Of course, brother. Human justice is our imperfect attempt to rectify the inequities and injustices of human actions by establishing and enforcing punishments for offenses. It is our impotence to correct the deleterious effects on a victim that causes us to have to resort to the threat of punishment and the enforcement of it. We cannot help the victims of murder, for example.

Divine justice is God's perfect balancing of the scales for both the perpetrators and the victims, something we cannot do. God wants to correct the perpetrators' corrupt motivation and remove the negative ones by making the perpetrator experience whatever harm has been caused to any and all victims. This would be the negative consequences of reaping EXACTLY whatever they sowed.

The victims will be restored (in some unknown Divine fashion) to their pre-victim state and compensated for their harm by the power of God. Our ignorance of what the next stage IS or what happens in it prevents any further explanation of His Divine remedies of those imbalances, but we know He has the power and love to do it in His Kingdom.
I would only say to this that the Cross of Jesus Christ is the only remedy for a sinful behaviour pattern.

So, if someone does not avail themselves of the finished work of the Cross, they will continue to have a "child of wrath nature" (Ephesians 2:3).

Thus the wrath of God will abide on those who do not believe in Jesus Christ and who do not avail themselves of the Cross (John 3:36).

I stand by my understanding that those who do not avail themselves of the Cross, their sin nature has not been dealt with; and so, after they have been cast into hell, they will continue to add sin to sin; and thus the reaping of exactly what is sowed will continue to increase.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I would only say to this that the Cross of Jesus Christ is the only remedy for a sinful behaviour pattern.

So, if someone does not avail themselves of the finished work of the Cross, they will continue to have a "child of wrath nature" (Ephesians 2:3).

Thus the wrath of God will abide on those who do not believe in Jesus Christ and who do not avail themselves of the Cross (John 3:36).

I stand by my understanding that those who do not avail themselves of the Cross, their sin nature has not been dealt with; and so, after they have been cast into hell, they will continue to add sin to sin; and thus the reaping of exactly what is sowed will continue to increase.
Whoever told you you had the gift of wisdom was sorely mistaken, JBF. Your carnal mind is trapped within the savage beliefs about God of our ancestors and there is no wisdom in you, IMO. As they did, you reject the God revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. It is very sad that you so badly want to promote His God but do it so corruptly you produce the opposite result.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Whoever told you you had the gift of wisdom was sorely mistaken, JBF. Your carnal mind is trapped within the savage beliefs about God of our ancestors and there is no wisdom in you, IMO. As they did, you reject the God revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. It is very sad that you so badly want to promote His God but do it so corruptly you produce the opposite result.
The preaching of the Cross is indeed foolishness to those who are perishing (1 Corinthians 1:18); so if you believe me to be a fool because of my preaching of it, so be it.

Because For that in the wisdom of God the world through wisdom did not come to know Him, it pleased God through the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe (1 Corinthians 1:21).

We speak wisdom to them that are perfect (1 Corinthians 2:6); but to those who have not been redeemed the foolishness of preaching must suffice as an attempt to win them to the truth.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is on my side; and will be more likely to convict you of JUDGMENT than to convince me of your idea that there is no judgment.

Mal 2:17, Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?
Exodus 22:24
And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Deuteronomy 32:42-43
I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

You mean this kind of human justice with the sword?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity