Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 05:58 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Exodus 22:24
And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Deuteronomy 32:42-43
I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

You mean this kind of human justice with the sword?
Of course I am speaking of divine justice as it is described in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, and Matthew 25:46.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 06:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Of course I am speaking of divine justice as it is described in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, and Matthew 25:46.
You have no clue regarding his divine justice and/or judgment, while using those passages to support your own lack of knowledge and understanding without the parameters of his divine mercy and forgiveness. You see it as retribution, rather than restoration of that which lost its way. Your concepts are derived from your fictitious netherworld of pain and suffering without end. That which serves no purpose, other than punishment for the sake of punishment itself.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You have no clue regarding his divine justice and/or judgment, while using those passages to support your own lack of knowledge and understanding without the parameters of his divine mercy and forgiveness. You see it as retribution, rather than restoration of that which lost its way. Your concepts are derived from your fictitious netherworld of pain and suffering without end. That which serves no purpose, other than punishment for the sake of punishment itself.
Unfortunately for you, such concepts are biblical and in accordance with the truth.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, such concepts are biblical and in accordance with the truth.
What you have come to believe is false for the most part, as I have said, you have no discernment.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
What you have come to believe is false for the most part, as I have said, you have no discernment.
At the risk of sounding argumentative;

No indeed.

I have come to believe the truth about eternity as it is written of in the Holy Bible.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
At the risk of sounding argumentative;

No indeed.

I have come to believe the truth about eternity as it is written of in the Holy Bible.
No, you haven't. You have accepted what you were taught to believe without questioning a damn thing.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:03 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, what you have been told about the infallibility of biblical truth is fictitious and wrong. That is a concept created by men and you bought it hook, line, and sinker to your detriment. It has hardened your heart against the Holy Spirit of agape love and endangered your ultimate spiritual fate. You will not fare very well as long as you avoid the agape love of Christ in favor of the wrath and vengeance of God. You are unable to see that you are ultimately relying on what men have told you and that is very dangerous when Jesus on the Cross is so clear and unambiguous about the True Nature of God.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
That is wishful thinking on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Unfortunately for you, what you have been told about the infallibility of biblical truth is fictitious and wrong. That is a concept created by men and you bought it hook, line, and sinker to your detriment. It has hardened your heart against the Holy Spirit of agape love and endangered your ultimate spiritual fate. You will not fare very well as long as you avoid the agape love of Christ in favor of the wrath and vengeance of God. You are unable to see that you are ultimately relying on what men have told you and that is very dangerous when Jesus on the Cross is so clear and unambiguous about the True Nature of God.
I will give you a short version of my testimony.

When I was tempted to sell my soul to the devil, the scripture came to mind, "What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world, and yet forfeit his soul?"

I had been sitting on the fence in my understanding of Christianity. I was not certain that God even existed as the result.

I said to God, "I don't know if You're real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You're real, You will reveal Yourself to me."

He did, immediately. His "Holy Spirit of agape love" came upon me in waves of liquid love; such joy as I cannot express; and such peace as we cannot understand. I may have even been in heaven for about four minutes.

But the point being, that I had this experience as the result of agreeing to obey the word of the Lord.

My experience was based on an acknowledgement that the Bible is the word of the Lord and that I would do my best to follow it.

So, if I were to deny the abject truth that the Bible is the word of God, I would be renigging on my commitment that gave me my experience that I had with the Lord; which I count as being my conversion.

I am not going to deny the very thing that brought me to salvation.

Sorry.

It is clear to me that the Holy Spirit of agape love is in conjunction with every word that we find written in the book that we call the Holy Bible...He inspired every word to be written, that is written therein.

Otherwise He would not have revealed Himself to me when He did, in the way that He did.

He would have made it clear to me at that point, that it was not the way, to start reading the Bible and doing what it says.

Instead, he confirmed to me that that is the way.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:02 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
That is wishful thinking on your part.
I will give you a short version of my testimony.
When I was tempted to sell my soul to the devil, the scripture came to mind, "What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world, and yet forfeit his soul?"
I had been sitting on the fence in my understanding of Christianity. I was not certain that God even existed as the result.
I said to God, "I don't know if You're real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You're real, You will reveal Yourself to me."
He did, immediately. His "Holy Spirit of agape love" came upon me in waves of liquid love; such joy as I cannot express; and such peace as we cannot understand. I may have even been in heaven for about four minutes.
But the point being, that I had this experience as the result of agreeing to obey the word of the Lord.
My experience was based on an acknowledgement that the Bible is the word of the Lord and that I would do my best to follow it.
So, if I were to deny the abject truth that the Bible is the word of God, I would be renigging on my commitment that gave me my experience that I had with the Lord; which I count as being my conversion.
I am not going to deny the very thing that brought me to salvation.
Sorry.
It is clear to me that the Holy Spirit of agape love is in conjunction with every word that we find written in the book that we call the Holy Bible...He inspired every word to be written, that is written therein.
Otherwise He would not have revealed Himself to me when He did, in the way that He did.
He would have made it clear to me at that point, that it was not the way, to start reading the Bible and doing what it says.
Instead, he confirmed to me that that is the way.
I believe your testimony. If you experienced the agape love of God why did you ignore it when reading what our ancestors interpreted about what God supposedly said based on what they believed about God. God led you to the Bible to find God's word NOT to blindly accept everything in it as God's word, especially after allowing you to experience His agape love directly.

You are not only ignoring the revelation of Jesus on the Cross but your very own experience of God's Holy Spirit of agape love to believe our ancestors' primitive beliefs about a wrathful, vengeful War God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. Did His love feel like a wrathful War God to you?

Old 08-17-2021, 04:14 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe your testimony. If you experienced the agape love of God why did you ignore it when reading what our ancestors interpreted about what God supposedly said based on what they believed about God. God led you to the Bible to find God's word NOT to blindly accept everything in it as God's word, especially after allowing you to experience His agape love directly.

You are not only ignoring the revelation of Jesus on the Cross but your very own experience of God's Holy Spirit of agape love to believe our ancestors' primitive beliefs about a wrathful, vengeful War God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. Did His love feel like a wrathful War God to you?
There is a layering

And we are not to judge at the highest level ...... or the lowest (personal) level

Or rather we are to be selective in how we judge and who we judge because we are judged in that way as well

there is judgement at the greater, intermediate levels of all those that have this “calling” that is not for us personally- it is to be used when we gather together from where the scattering has occurred

Through the past 2000 years those “called” have left writings that are to be understood theologically, philosophically, relationally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity