Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 12:19 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Moses gave the law of God to the people of Israel; of course he didn't change it; for God gave the law through Moses (John 1:17).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 03:10 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Moses gave the law of God to the people of Israel; of course he didn't change it; for God gave the law through Moses (John 1:17).
well then you are disagreeing with Jesus who said Moses change what God had originally said

Old 08-10-2021, 10:12 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Moses did not have the authority to change Gods law, where the heck do you get that idea?
Quote:
well then you are disagreeing with Jesus who said Moses change what God had originally said
Am I reading this right?

Because if I am - this tells me you don't even understand what you are posting - because these are in direct opposition to each other.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Am I reading this right?

Because if I am - this tells me you don't even understand what you are posting - because these are in direct opposition to each other.
You're not comprehending what he said? Which happens when you isolate a portion of what was said in context.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Am I reading this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You're not comprehending what he said? Which happens when you isolate a portion of what was said in context.
yup he needs to follow along with the discussion

Old 08-11-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't see that. Where do you see Jesus saying that Moses changed what God originally said?

Moses gave the law; which pertains to government.

Jesus qualified Moses' statement, that he permitted people to write a bill of divorcement, by saying that if your heart is soft towards the Lord, you will not avail yourself of that provision in your own life.

I don't see any contradiction here.

I'm not certain why you want to see a contradiction here.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:40 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
No matter what, the law was indeed changed before Jesus arrived, and Jesus literally fulfilled the changes made, but I am not speaking of Moses, but Ezekiel.

Ezekiel changed the law, Jesus followed in those changes, the one reason Jesus broke out a whip over the money changers in the court, he was angry because of the new laws Ezekiel made, but were not followed.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:27 PM

There was actually a change in the law as a direct result of the priesthood being changed when Jesus became a High Priest after the order of Melchizedec. For our Lord sprang out of Judah; and the priesthood was formerly of the tribe of Levi (see Hebrews 7:12 and context).

What did this change in law entail?

It changed from being about a set of do's and don'ts to having to do with virtues and vices (Galatians 5:16-24, Romans 8:1-9).

Old 08-12-2021, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I'm sorry I don't see that. Where do you see Jesus saying that Moses changed what God originally said?

Moses gave the law; which pertains to government.

Jesus qualified Moses' statement, that he permitted people to write a bill of divorcement, by saying that if your heart is soft towards the Lord, you will not avail yourself of that provision in your own life.

I don't see any contradiction here.

I'm not certain why you want to see a contradiction here.
You are not seeing because you do not want to see, BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO, should have informed you but it did not.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You are not seeing because you do not want to see, BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO, should have informed you but it did not.
Jesus is saying that from the beginning, marriage was intended to be faithful between a man and a woman.

Moses gave the law; and the law has to do with government.

As concerning the law fo the land, Moses permitted people to write a bill of divorcement; because of the hardness of men's hearts.

Jesus taught us that if your heart is soft, you will not avail yourself of that provision in government.

There is no contradiction here; and no change in law.

The law, given by Moses, allowed for divorce.

God's standard of conduct for the believer is slightly different than the law.

It says that if your heart is soft towards Him, you will not divorce your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity