Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 12:31 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I didn't make the threats of hell and torment, Jesus did!

Go tell Him what you disagree with, not me!
Nowhere, do the Scriptures mention the HELL and DAMNATION you believe.
You are the one who has misconstrued, what it is you believe - he is saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 02:52 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You choose to see them as threats because of your assumption that God is wrathful and vengeful. I choose to see them as warnings of negative consequences we would want to avoid if possible.
So, you agree that the consequences spoken of, for example, in Mark 9:42-48, are real consequences?

That indicates to me that you believe in hell.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10, Revelation 20:10-15, Ezekiel 33:14; and more.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Mat 7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 25:41, Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 13:49, So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:46, And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Pro 30:15, The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:
Pro 30:16, The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

Isa 33:14, The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Luk 12:4, And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5, But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Mar 9:42, And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Mar 9:43, And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45, And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:15 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
You choose to see them as threats because of your assumption that God is wrathful and vengeful. I choose to see them as warnings of negative consequences we would want to avoid if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
So, you agree that the consequences spoken of, for example, in Mark 9:42-48, are real consequences?
That indicates to me that you believe in hell.
I do NOT believe in the Hell you believe in, JBF. Do I believe there are REAL spiritual consequences for our Spirit based on what we do here? Absolutely, whether positive or negative. We WILL reap EXACTLY what we sow, but no more and no less.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:20 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Mat 4:4, But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Have you read the rest of Matthew 4? Notice what Jesus quoted? It was Scripture.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
I do NOT believe in the Hell you believe in, JBF. Do I believe there are REAL spiritual consequences for our Spirit based on what we do here? Absolutely, whether positive or negative. We WILL reap EXACTLY what we sow, but no more and no less.
Are you saying that Hell is a place of purifying, Mystic?

If that is the case, show us that in scripture?

The burden is on you to show your foundation of belief from what we all consider (maybe not you) the Instruction Book!

Not going to take your word for something of such magnitude, Mystic.

Got to produce the red meat, my friend!

Old 07-29-2021, 10:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10, Revelation 20:10-15, Ezekiel 33:14; and more.
You really need to do a study on HELL and your Damnation theologies of retribution, as I have said it is Pagan in origin. And your understanding is merely based on a syncretistic belief of things adopted by Christianism in order to create an amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people, who were mostly gullible and ignorant at the time.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:29 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
You really need to do a study on HELL and your Damnation theologies of retribution, as I have said it is Pagan in origin. And your understanding is merely based on a syncretistic belief of things adopted by Christianism in order to create an amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people, who were mostly gullible and ignorant at the time.
Why don't you share with us what you have learned about Hell, Jerwade?

Then we can compare it to scripture and see how much really know about it!

Old 07-29-2021, 10:34 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Are you saying that Hell is a place of purifying, Mystic?
If that is the case, show us that in scripture?
The burden is on you to show your foundation of belief from what we all consider (maybe not you) the Instruction Book!
Not going to take your word for something of such magnitude, Mystic.
Got to produce the red meat, my friend!
As long as you rely on your instruction book and NOT Jesus Christ, there is no way on earth for you to see the Truth. Jesus IS the Truth. You ignore His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as if it was just some trivial aspect of God. But it IS God's True Nature. It is NOT something that will magically appear in you if you believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Jesus and God. There is no way to penetrate such a brick wall of barbaric indoctrination in a God of wrath and vengeance even with Jesus Christ Himself as your example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity