Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 10:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You really need to do a study on HELL and your Damnation theologies of retribution, as I have said it is Pagan in origin. And your understanding is merely based on a syncretistic belief of things adopted by Christianism in order to create an amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people, who were mostly gullible and ignorant at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Why don't you share with us what you have learned about Hell, Jerwade?

Then we can compare it to scripture and see how much really know about it!
Don't be slothful by merely reading, study more in depth. I told you to begin with the OLD ENGLISH dictionaries around 600 or so, years ago. Where it referenced a pit, grave, the unseen or that for storing things (like bodies or food; underground). How you can turn that into a fiery inferno is only through willful ignorance and following Pagan fables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 10:40 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As long as you rely on your instruction book and NOT Jesus Christ, there is no way on earth for you to see the Truth. Jesus IS the Truth. You ignore His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as if it was just some trivial aspect of God. But it IS God's True Nature. It is NOT something that will magically appear in you if you believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Jesus and God. There is no way to penetrate such a brick wall of barbaric indoctrination in a God of wrath and vengeance even with Jesus Christ Himself as your example.
We learn of Jesus Christ from the Instruction Book, Mystic!

It is the standard that the Apostles told us to determine false doctrine.

However you are using to contradict itself!

Shame on you, Mystic, why can't you see what you are doing?

You are not as blind as the others, I know you can see this!

Old 07-29-2021, 11:12 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
As long as you rely on your instruction book and NOT Jesus Christ, there is no way on earth for you to see the Truth. Jesus IS the Truth. You ignore His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as if it was just some trivial aspect of God. But it IS God's True Nature. It is NOT something that will magically appear in you if you believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Jesus and God. There is no way to penetrate such a brick wall of barbaric indoctrination in a God of wrath and vengeance even with Jesus Christ Himself as your example.
Quote:
We learn of Jesus Christ from the Instruction Book, Mystic!
It is the standard that the Apostles told us to determine false doctrine.
But then you ignore His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love in favor of our ignorant ancestors' barbaric belief in a God of wrath and vengeance who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices. That is how you corrupt Christ's unambiguous example of God's True Nature and misinterpret the scripture. THAT is the false teaching and apostasy that was warned about, Charlie, and YOU are promoting it.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
But then you ignore His clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love in favor of our ignorant ancestors' barbaric belief in a God of wrath and vengeance who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices. That is how you corrupt Christ's unambiguous example of God's True Nature and misinterpret the scripture. THAT is the false teaching and apostasy that was warned about, Charlie, and YOU are promoting it.
Yep.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a record stuck on the table, repeating the one liners over and over again.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:12 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
I do NOT believe in the Hell you believe in, JBF. Do I believe there are REAL spiritual consequences for our Spirit based on what we do here? Absolutely, whether positive or negative. We WILL reap EXACTLY what we sow, but no more and no less.
Again, because those who are cast into hell have not been born again, they will continue to sow to sin after they have been cast into hell; so their punishment will be increased accordingly.

Quote:
The authors of holy scripture were tested and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Therefore, every word in the Bible testifies of Jesus Christ; and is not "the precepts and doctrines of men" but Holy Spirit inspired scripture. I pray that the Holy Ghost will testify to you of the reality of this.

Quote:
Don't be slothful by merely reading, study more in depth. I told you to begin with the OLD ENGLISH dictionaries around 600 or so, years ago. Where it referenced a pit, grave, the unseen or that for storing things (like bodies or food; underground). How you can turn that into a fiery inferno is only through willful ignorance and following Pagan fables.
How do you deal with the following scripture; which supersedes the boundaries of what you are talking about; since it speaks of hell not as being a pit but as a place of fire that shall never be quenched?

Mar 9:42, And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Mar 9:43, And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45, And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Quote:
I will say to you clearly that unless you receive what Jesus did for you on the Cross in the way of a blood sacrifice that was given to appease the justice and wrath of a holy God, that that justice and wrath will not be appeased on your behalf.

It is such a simple thing to receive and I think that this is why the punishment is so great for rejecting the free gift that God offers. Because it cost Him everything and is free for you. If you reject it you are a fool; because it is received so simply and easily; as to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and to believe in your heart that God hath raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9). For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13; see also Acts 4:10-12). Of course you must confess the true Jesus and not have a false concept of who He is when you confess Him (2 Corinthians 11:3-4). Those who confess a false version of Jesus will not be saved. And I would say especially that the true version of Jesus is the Jesus that is spoken of in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Old 07-30-2021, 09:11 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Again, because those who are cast into hell have not been born again, they will continue to sow to sin after they have been cast into hell; so their punishment will be increased accordingly.
That is absurd and there is no way on earth for you to know any such thing about anyone cast into hell. Your ignorant assumptions and inferences based on your wrathful, vengeful God are evil and dare I say Satanic.
Quote:
The authors of holy scripture were tested and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).
Nonsense. Humans are incapable of making any such tests and determinations that is why we were told about Jesus and why Jesus was sent in person.
Quote:
It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Therefore, every word in the Bible testifies of Jesus Christ; and is not "the precepts and doctrines of men" but Holy Spirit inspired scripture. I pray that the Holy Ghost will testify to you of the reality of this.
More absurd inferences and assumptions with no basis other than your belief in a wrathful, vengeful God instead of a loving God. You and Charlie are such sad victims of our ancestors' primitive ignorance.
Quote:
I will say to you clearly that unless you receive what Jesus did for you on the Cross in the way of a blood sacrifice that was given to appease the justice and wrath of a holy God, that that justice and wrath will not be appeased on your behalf.
I will say to you clearly that if you receive what Jesus did for you on the Cross in the way of a blood sacrifice that was given to appease the justice and wrath of a holy God, that God will not be at all pleased by your blasphemy of His Holy Spirit of agape love.
Quote:
It is such a simple thing to receive and I think that this is why the punishment is so great for rejecting the free gift that God offers. Because it cost Him everything and is free for you. If you reject it you are a fool; because it is received so simply and easily; as to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and to believe in your heart that God hath raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9). For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13; see also Acts 4:10-12).
It is simple-minded to think you have any control whatsoever on what you believe or to think that God can be fooled by what you claim to believe since God knows who He calls to believe. This easy believism is absurd. You must demonstrate your faith in Jesus by trying to emulate His agape love as often as possible - 30 fold, 60 fold, 100 fold.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You really need to do a study on HELL and your Damnation theologies of retribution, as I have said it is Pagan in origin. And your understanding is merely based on a syncretistic belief of things adopted by Christianism in order to create an amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people, who were mostly gullible and ignorant at the time.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
How do you deal with the following scripture; which supersedes the boundaries of what you are talking about; since it speaks of hell not as being a pit but as a place of fire that shall never be quenched?

Mar 9:42, And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Mar 9:43, And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45, And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47, And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48, Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

That has already been dealt with, but you merely ignore things to support your false teachings.
Remember, JBF, a fire does not burn forever - it is extinguished once it has served its purpose.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
That has already been dealt with, but you merely ignore things to support your false teachings.
Remember, JBF, a fire does not burn forever - it is extinguished once it has served its purpose.
The fire in hell, and later the lake of fire is not a man made fire that will burn out.

The One who causes the blaze of fire in the sun is the same One that sustains the fire of torment.

I'm sorry Jerwade, nowhere in scripture is it found that the fires in Hell or the Lake of fire are extinguished.

That is not scripture, it was well meant I agree, but not scripture.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
The fire in hell, and later the lake of fire is not a man made fire that will burn out.

The One who causes the blaze of fire in the sun is the same One that sustains the fire of torment.

I'm sorry Jerwade, nowhere in scripture is it found that the fires in Hell or the Lake of fire are extinguished.

That is not scripture, it was well meant I agree, but not scripture.
So, you believe the SUN will burn forever? This is just more of your ignorance. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity