Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 10:13 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you recognize it depends on where your heart is and yet you still prefer your interpretation causes me to worry over the state of your heart, Charlie. I am even more worried because you won't query it under the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Comforter) as Jesus instructed us to do to know the Truth God has written there.
Jesus never said that!

You say things that misrepresent what Jesus said.

Jesus said if you continue in His teaching, His word, which you reject, that then you will know the truth. The truth being God’s word. But since you reject His word you have no idea what your talking about.

“The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

The son of God, the servant of God is the shepherd of sheep.

Take the yoke of the servant of God so you will live. His yoke is upright and his burden is light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 11:32 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
You have to interpret it using a different context and a more accurate version than the KJV.

In the KJV:
Psa 140:10, Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

This gives the impression that the person is thrown in the fire never to rise again. But in a more accurate version, it can be seen to refer to the dross in their Spirit that "heaps burning coals" (of remorse and regret) on them and it is the coals that are thrown into the fire never to rise in them again.

Psalm 140:10 Young's Literal Translation
10 They cause to fall on themselves burning coals, Into fire He doth cast them, Into deep pits -- they arise not.
Wow... extract a verse from the context... and give it an entirely different meaning.

Now try and fit the verse back into the entire Psalm, with your updated definition - and you will find that your explanation makes no sense with what David wrote.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:41 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Refining out the sin nature IS the purpose of the lake of fire NOT punishment, JBF. Your concept of punishment is a HUMAN one and does not apply to God's perfect justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Show us in the scripture where the "lake of fire" is the refinement of the sin nature!
There isn't any verse that says that. I was about to ask him the same thing; and then I saw your post, Charlie.

The lake of fire is meted out to those whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life; and it is the second death.

There is no third resurrection mentioned in scripture wherein those who were cast into the lake of fire arise out of that death.

Also, the Great White Throne Judgment is THE FINAL JUDGMENT.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:01 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
There isn't any verse that says that. I was about to ask him the same thing; and then I saw your post, Charlie.

The lake of fire is meted out to those whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life; and it is the second death.

There is no third resurrection mentioned in scripture wherein those who were cast into the lake of fire arise out of that death.

Also, the Great White Throne Judgment is THE FINAL JUDGMENT.
Exactly! There are many things the UR claims and can't produce evidence of it!

Old 07-28-2021, 07:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Exactly! There are many things the UR claims and can't produce evidence of it!
Because you can't comprehend it, and are blind to it! In other words, you cannot see or hear it.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:38 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Because you can't comprehend it, and are blind to it! In other words, you cannot see or hear it.
No. He acts as though he talks with God but has no scripture to back it up. It’s in no way trustworthy.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:48 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Well, I appreciate your concern, but Charlie is going to be ok as long as He doesn't deny the preaching of judgment that Christ gave us like some here do.
Telling people there will be spiritual consequences for their choices and actions does NOT require that you assume God is imposing any punishments or rewards. They are just consequences determined by our spiritual development or lack thereof. God is concerned about our spiritual development and would like us to avoid any negative consequences. He certainly is not imposing any punishments. That is a human construct.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No. He acts as though he talks with God but has no scripture to back it up. It’s in no way trustworthy.
Stop lying, you cannot pretend to represent God by lying about others. I use scripture profusely. I have encountered the consciousness of God which does not mean I talk with God. But God is never absent from me.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:19 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Telling people there will be spiritual consequences for their choices and actions does NOT require that you assume God is imposing any punishments or rewards. They are just consequences determined by our spiritual development or lack thereof. God is concerned about our spiritual development and would like us to avoid any negative consequences. He certainly is not imposing any punishments. That is a human construct.
I didn't make the threats of hell and torment, Jesus did!

Go tell Him what you disagree with, not me!

Old 07-28-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I didn't make the threats of hell and torment, Jesus did!
Go tell Him what you disagree with, not me!
You choose to see them as threats because of your assumption that God is wrathful and vengeful. I choose to see them as warnings of negative consequences we would want to avoid if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity