Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 08:43 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Virtually nothing that you have said here is true.
Virtually everything that I have said above, is true; for it is substantiated by the word of God.

And it is true even though there are people who do not believe that the word of God (the Bible) is the truth.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-05-2021 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 09:59 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Virtually nothing that you have said here is true. It is dogmatic blind faith that can lead nowhere but into a spiritual pit. Jesus did not come to die at the hands of our brutal ancestors because they knew the truth about God from their scriptures. He came because they didn't understand God at all. They didn't believe Him about God so they rejected Him. Unfortunately, those who followed after His death continued in the same ignorance about God and misinterpret Him even to this day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Virtually everything that I have said above, is true; for it is substantiated by the word of God.
And it is true even though there are people who do not believe that the word of God (the Bible) is the truth.
Jesus is the Word of God, NOT the Bible which only tells us about Him and contains inspirations from God interpreted by men. Nowhere in the Bible is anything you claim about it to be found and none of it is tested by the Holy Spirit of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ, THE Word of God.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Jesus is the Word of God, NOT the Bible which only tells us about Him and contains inspirations from God interpreted by men. Nowhere in the Bible is anything you claim about it to be found and none of it is tested by the Holy Spirit of God as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ, THE Word of God.
Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40)

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Known unto God are all His works (including the protestant kjv of the Bible) from before the foundations of the world (Acts 15:18).

Old 08-05-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40)
It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
Known unto God are all His works (including the protestant kjv of the Bible) from before the foundations of the world (Acts 15:18).
The Bible does testify of Jesus. Your rationalizations about what that means are non-sequiturs of human creation and wishful thinking to justify blindly accepting everything rather than testing against the Holy Spirit. But the Holy Spirit (Comforter) is supposed to be our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT the words "written in ink" in the Bible.

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)
27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2nd Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2nd Corinthians 3:14-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
The Bible does testify of Jesus. Your rationalizations about what that means are non-sequiturs of human creation and wishful thinking to justify blindly accepting everything rather than testing against the Holy Spirit. But the Holy Spirit (Comforter) is supposed to be our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT the words "written in ink" in the Bible.

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)
27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2nd Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2nd Corinthians 3:14-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
It should be clear that the promises that you have quoted above were primarily given to the apostles; and that Peter was included among their ranks. So, Jesus substantiated Peter's writings in some of the statements that you have quoted above.

Then, Peter substantiated Paul's writings in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

And Paul substantiated the rest of the Bible when he wrote 2 Timothy 3:15-17.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-06-2021 at 12:37 AM..

Old 08-05-2021, 11:35 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
It should be clear that the promises that you have quoted above were primarily given to the apostles; and that Peter was included among their ranks. So, Jesus substantiated Peter in some of the statements that you have quoted above.

And Charlie substantiated JBF writings

Old 08-06-2021, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
And Charlie substantiated JBF writings
I'm not sure that that counts the way that it counts when the beginning of the line is Jesus Christ.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
It should be clear that the promises that you have quoted above were primarily given to the apostles; and that Peter was included among their ranks. So, Jesus substantiated Peter's writings in some of the statements that you have quoted above.

Nonsense. Jesus was teaching ALL of us through His first disciples. The idea that it was meant only for them is preposterous. The idea that any of them could establish the holiness of anyone else is human hubris as reflected in the doctrine of apostolic succession (and the idiocy of papal infallibility). Jesus provided the clearest and most unambiguous example of God's True Nature with His body and His life given on the Cross. Everything else is subject to human ignorance, vanity, and hubris.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Nonsense. Jesus was teaching ALL of us through His first disciples. The idea that it was meant only for them is preposterous. The idea that any of them could establish the holiness of anyone else is human hubris as reflected in the doctrine of apostolic succession (and the idiocy of papal infallibility). Jesus provided the clearest and most unambiguous example of God's True Nature with His body and His life given on the Cross. Everything else is subject to human ignorance, vanity, and hubris.
I didn't say that it only applies to them; I said that it specifically applied to Peter when he substantiated Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-16. Who substantiated the rest of the Bible in 2 Timothy 3:15-17.

Old 08-06-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I didn't say that it only applies to them; I said that it specifically applied to Peter when he substantiated Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-16. Who substantiated the rest of the Bible in 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
Only God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus can substantiate ANYTHING in the Bible! That is why the Comforter abides with us to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." You ignore that Truth at your own peril believing the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you have been taught, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity