Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 05:48 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Penal Substitution Theory is fallacious, Mike. And, he has no reason to be vengeful, that is merely the ideologies of men. It's like a parasite that has been absorbed into the minds of (religious) men; and its existence is dependent upon maintaining, gullible and ignorant beliefs - all under the authority of those who required a national or amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the masses of the people. It's time people woke up to the truth, as we are not living in the first century - where they believed in demons, the devil or Satan.
No, penal substitution is not fallacious. That Jesus was our substitute is clearly taught in the scriptures. That not obeying the gospel (by believing in Christ) has a penalty (δίκη-penalty, punishment, execution of a sentence) is stated by the apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 1:9. Put the two together and you get penal substitution.
2 Thess. 1:9 They will suffer the penalty (δίκην) of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His might,
The very essence of eternal punishment is separation from the presence of the Lord.

As for demons and Satan, if they exist, and they do, their existence has nothing to do with what century it is. But that's for another thread.

Penal substitution is biblical no matter what your reasons are for denying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2021, 05:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I suggest you take a look at the definition of ransom.

ran·som
/ˈransəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a sum of money or other payment demanded or paid for the release of a prisoner.
"the kidnappers demanded a ransom"
Similar:
payoff
payment
price
verb
obtain the release of (a prisoner) by making a payment demanded.
"the lord was captured in war and had to be ransomed"

In the bold, the prisoner was mankind!

The payment demanded was for the sin of mankind that man could not pay.

The demands for sin is blood of the man who sins.

Christ was that man, taking our place, therefore His sacrifice was the ransom of the people.
The HIGHEST culminating point or PINNACLE of man's religion is SIN and DEATH.
So, who was it that held MEN CAPTIVE, other than that of the religious hierarchy?

Who, by the way, were the one's demanding his death, while freeing a murderer.
It seems to me that it is the same people who demand that it be a blood sacrifice.

Proverbs 17:15
The one who acquits the guilty and the one who condemns the innocent; both of them are an abomination to the LORD.

Exodus 23:7
Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest (righteous) person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-01-2021 at 06:25 PM..

Old 08-01-2021, 05:50 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I suggest you take a look at the definition of ransom.
ran·som
/ˈransəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a sum of money or other payment demanded or paid for the release of a prisoner.
"the kidnappers demanded a ransom"
Similar:
payoff
payment
price
verb
obtain the release of (a prisoner) by making a payment demanded.
"the lord was captured in war and had to be ransomed"

In the bold, the prisoner was mankind!

The payment demanded was for the sin of mankind that man could not pay.

The demands for sin is blood of the man who sins.

Christ was that man, taking our place, therefore His sacrifice was the ransom of the people.
Sorry, Charlie. That is a sick and twisted misunderstanding of ransom to justify the ignorant beliefs of our ancestors that God is wrathful and vengeful and needed blood sacrifices to appease Him. Jesus exhibited no such wrath or vengeance despite the horrendous and brutal torture and murder inflicted on Him by our savage ancestors.

God is NOT of two minds or two natures, Charlie, and Jesus clearly and unambiguously revealed that God is neither wrathful nor vengeful. He is agape-loving and forgiving! So suck it up, Charlie, no matter how "wimpy," "Hippie," or "panty-waist" you think He is.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:51 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
So, who was it that held MEN CAPTIVE, other than that of the religious hierarchy?

Who, by the way were the one's demanding his death, while freeing a murderer?
Jerwade, the captor that Christ released us from was Satan! But only those of mankind that accept His payment will benefit from it!

I've kinda been wondering if you have availed yourself to that payment?

Old 08-01-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry, Charlie. That is a sick and twisted misunderstanding of ransom to justify the ignorant beliefs of our ancestors that God is wrathful and vengeful and needed blood sacrifices to appease Him. Jesus exhibited no such wrath or vengeance despite the horrendous and brutal torture and murder inflicted on Him by our savage ancestors.

God is NOT of two minds or two natures, Charlie, and Jesus clearly and unambiguously revealed that God is neither wrathful nor vengeful. He is agape-loving and forgiving! So suck it up, Charlie, no matter how "wimpy," "Hippie," or "panty-waist" you think He is.
You are completely and totally ignorant to the redemption our Lord has acquired for us through His death, burial, and resurrection.

This is why JBF and I are here, to proclaim the truth of the scripture!

But thank God the scripture says, as long as there is life there is hope.

You still have time to get it right, Mystic, how long none of us know!

Old 08-01-2021, 06:25 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have no doubt it happened and that Jesus reacted to it the way that He did with agape love for even His torturers and murderers. I believe His achievement of perfect agape love in His HUMAN consciousness saved us all from permanent separation from God in OUR human consciousnesses.

I believe Jesus and God knew what they would do to Jesus was inevitable BECAUSE OF our ancestors' ignorance and "sin." I do NOT believe God demanded it as some kind of payment or punishment to appease His NON-EXISTENT wrath and vengeance for ANYTHING. Does that clear it up for you, Michael?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Regarding the bolded . . .your beliefs are wrong.
Mike do you not realize that God said in regards to making a sacrifice of the innocent that it never entered into His mind? The way you and so many others view God looks more like Moloch then the God Jesus told us all about.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Mike do you not realize that God said in regards to making a sacrifice of the innocent that it never entered into His mind? The way you and so many others view God looks more like Moloch then the God Jesus told us all about.
Another catastrophic misuse of scripture.

When God said, I desire mercy not sacrifice, He was referring to Israel replacing the mercy found in the sacrifice that represented Christ through His redemption of man, by replacing it as a mere ritual.

My Lord, JBF and I have much work before us!

Old 08-01-2021, 06:36 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I realize that you cherry pick. Jeremiah 32:35 concerned the Israelites sacrificing their children to Molek. That was what never entered the mind of God. On the other hand, Isaiah 53 is all about the suffering servant offering himself as a guilt offering and pouring himself out to death, bearing the sins of many and interceding for the transgressors. Jesus applied Isaiah 53 to himself.

It was God the Father's plan for Jesus to go to the cross upon which he was crucified in order to bear our sins in his own body. To deny that is to deny the true gospel.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:36 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,211,227 times
"Where Have All the Loving Christians Gone? " the ones from the crusades?

Old 08-01-2021, 06:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Who, by the way, were the one's demanding his death, while freeing a murderer.
It seems to me that it is the same people who demand that it be a blood sacrifice.

Proverbs 17:15
The one who acquits the guilty and the one who condemns the innocent; both of them are an abomination to the LORD.

Exodus 23:7
Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest (righteous) person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.
Quote:
Jerwade, the captor that Christ released us from was Satan! But only those of mankind that accept His payment will benefit from it!

I've kinda been wondering if you have availed yourself to that payment?
Charlie, there is no eternal punishment, no demons, devil or Satan. It's your own natural inclinations (or propensity) to behave in a particular way; right or wrong, good or evil. So, don't go playing the blame game or "it's the woman you gave me." The devil didn't do it, either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity