Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 01:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have said you would be an amazing evangel of Christ if you actually knew Christ and spread HIS word instead of our ancestors' ignorant primitive beliefs in a wrathful and vengeful God, Charlie! If you only tested what you preach against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus you would be awesome!! But as you blindly accept everything written in the Bible as truth, you are the blind leading the blind. Sad, very sad!
I would be nothing, I haven't the mentality for it! The Lord never called me to preach but to teach.

As far as your perverted gospel, Mystic, I can only say I pray you find the truth before it's too late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 01:08 PM

63,793 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I would be nothing, I haven't the mentality for it! The Lord never called me to preach but to teach.
As far as your perverted gospel, Mystic, I can only say I pray you find the truth before it's too late!
I would say the same for your Bad News Gospel of Hell and damnation, Charlie, but fortunately, I do not believe it is ever too late.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I would say the same for your Bad News Gospel of Hell and damnation, Charlie, but fortunately, I do not believe it is ever too late.
I have printed words in the pages of scripture to base my claim, what does Mystic have?

Old 08-02-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I have printed words in the pages of scripture to base my claim, what does Mystic have?
I have the "mind of Christ" and His Holy Spirit of agape love to base my claims on. Of course, that takes actually thinking about what God would or would not do given His True Nature under the guidance of His Holy Spirit which is harder than just reading words and direct claims "written in ink.".

Old 08-02-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I have the "mind of Christ" and His Holy Spirit of agape love to base my claims on. Of course, that takes actually thinking about what God would or would not do given His True Nature under the guidance of His Holy Spirit which is harder than just reading words and direct claims "written in ink.".
Yep, that's the stuff that leads one straight into judgement before God, and it won't be pretty and nice!

Man's way of thinking rather than His words! The cause of many a shipwreck of the souls of men!

Old 08-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Yep, that's the stuff that leads one straight into judgement before God, and it won't be pretty and nice!
Man's way of thinking rather than His words! The cause of many a shipwreck of the souls of men!
Actually, just blindly accepting what is written without trying to understand if God would or would not think that or do that using the "mind of Christ" has created more shipwrecks of the souls of men, as evidenced by the hardened hearts and lack of agape love in you and JBF, IMO.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:39 PM

88,553 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
This used to be the "Christianity" forum, which unlike the R&S and Agnostic/Atheist forums, was a place where Christians could respectfully discuss Christian issues. But, it was overrun by Atheists and others whose primary messages are: "God is 'only' love" (with no justice); "The Bible is only an old book written by men and holds nothing for 'modern thinkers'"; and finally, "Christians are too narrow-minded and judgmental and should instead compromise in every area - so no one is offended."

Many Christians, including myself, grew weary of those who, instead of seeking God, persistently attacked Christians, the Bible and the sacrificial role of Jesus Christ, as being foolish. But, that's what the Bible states they would do: " The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. (1Cor 2:14)

The real irony of this thread ("Where have all the loving Christians gone?")is that you (MysticPhD) have been among the leaders of those consistently tearing down Biblical Christianity. It's abundantly clear that you, among about a dozen others, are only here to present your own baseless theology. It's also become clear to many Christians who used to regularly post here, that it's futile and pointless to raise-up the truth among those so strongly committed to promoting the lie/s.
That's not really true. All aspects of Christianity are represented, and if you look at the threads on the first page, there is still plenty of focus on God's wrath and the condemnation of sinners and hell and death and such that findamentalist Biblical Christianity favors.

It just that this forum also allows the voice of those who aren't all wrath and sin and death all the time. To many, there is much more to Christ than darkness and negativity.

There are plenty of exclusionary Christian sites out there that won't allow non-fundamentalists to join. Why not just leave this one open to deeper thought and patronize those in which your brand of Christianity is favored rather than complain about the Christians on this one?

Old 08-02-2021, 01:41 PM

1,169 posts, read 750,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Gandhi hated Christians he did not have any fruit of the spirit, so why should Christians care to what He had to say,
Lol

Old 08-02-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Actually, just blindly accepting what is written without trying to understand if God would or would not think that or do that using the "mind of Christ" has created more shipwrecks of the souls of men, as evidenced by the hardened hearts and lack of agape love in you and JBF, IMO.
The "mind of Christ" is understanding the plan of God for mankind in Christ!

Before we can be given the "mind of Christ" one must have a firm foundation built on the "Rock" that being Jesus Christ.

Faith in Christ is the foundation of all things, in which all things will be built. If we don't have that foundation, we will have nothing.

When one doubts the written word of God in any form, that foundation is lacking in faith, and everything else will lack with it.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
The "mind of Christ" is understanding the plan of God for mankind in Christ!

Before we can be given the "mind of Christ" one must have a firm foundation built on the "Rock" that being Jesus Christ.

Faith in Christ is the foundation of all things, in which all things will be built. If we don't have that foundation, we will have nothing.

When one doubts the written word of God in any form, that foundation is lacking in faith, and everything else will lack with it.
It is amazing how you so blithely and obliviously contradict yourself in the self same post. Either you use the "mind of Christ" as HE presented Himself or you use the "mind of the Bible" which is all over the place with contradictions and inconsistencies with the "mind of Christ." There is only ONE "mind of Christ" so there is only ONE "mind of God" Not a bunch of contradictory ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity