Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 07:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Charlie, one thing I don't understand about the guys on here who say there is no eternal damnation/torment, and perhaps you might have an idea--why is it they are so concerned about people understanding this? And why do they have such beef with us who do believe in what God revealed to us in his word and what Jesus preached on over and over again in his earthly ministry? If God will forgive everyone anyway, then just let everyone alone to enjoy life in the way that they think they will find happiness. In the end, they will at last find it eternally in heaven. Why is it such a huge wrench in their system when we talk about what is clearly revealed in the Bible? So what if we're not understanding it correctly?? It's ultimately not going to cause any harm, to follow their argument to its logical end.
That is indeed a very good question! I don't have the answer but I can tell you what I think is going on with them from years of conversation.

I don't believe they are intentionally teaching a false doctrine, I think they believe everything they say.

Every one of them have something in common, they all have the tree huggers mentality. They must be in touch with the inner self, you can see it in their posts. I've said before they have a huge heart for mankind but in an extreme manner. It doesn't seem to bother them at all that scripture does not line up with their claims. That is the extreme heart telling them it can't be so, there is no way God would do that.

IMO they are blinded by the heart, and can't go against that feeling of all working out well for man regardless of what the scripture says. No one can convince them otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 08:00 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Charlie, one thing I don't understand about the guys on here who say there is no eternal damnation/torment, and perhaps you might have an idea--why is it they are so concerned about people understanding this? And why do they have such beef with us who do believe in what God revealed to us in his word and what Jesus preached on over and over again in his earthly ministry? If God will forgive everyone anyway, then just let everyone alone to enjoy life in the way that they think they will find happiness. In the end, they will at last find it eternally in heaven. Why is it such a huge wrench in their system when we talk about what is clearly revealed in the Bible? So what if we're not understanding it correctly?? It's ultimately not going to cause any harm, to follow their argument to its logical end.
Ah, but it does matter. Our entire reason for existence as God's children is to reproduce (however imperfectly) the consciousness of God which is agape love as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. Agape love does NOT contain the states of mind your beliefs evoke - fear, wrath, condemnation, vengeance, eternal agony, etc., etc. That is a failure to reproduce God's consciousness faithfully (not mere imperfection) and like unrighteousness will require correction (which will not be pleasant to undergo).

Old 08-02-2021, 08:40 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah, but it does matter. Our entire reason for existence as God's children is to reproduce (however imperfectly) the consciousness of God which is agape love as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. Agape love does NOT contain the states of mind your beliefs evoke - fear, wrath, condemnation, vengeance, eternal agony, etc., etc. That is a failure to reproduce God's consciousness faithfully (not mere imperfection) and like unrighteousness will require correction (which will not be pleasant to undergo).
9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Old 08-02-2021, 09:47 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That is indeed a very good question! I don't have the answer but I can tell you what I think is going on with them from years of conversation.

I don't believe they are intentionally teaching a false doctrine, I think they believe everything they say.

Every one of them have something in common, they all have the tree huggers mentality. They must be in touch with the inner self, you can see it in their posts. I've said before they have a huge heart for mankind but in an extreme manner. It doesn't seem to bother them at all that scripture does not line up with their claims. That is the extreme heart telling them it can't be so, there is no way God would do that.

IMO they are blinded by the heart, and can't go against that feeling of all working out well for man regardless of what the scripture says. No one can convince them otherwise.
You should check your heart, Charlie, that's where God has written His Truth. That is where the guidance of God's Holy Spirit will take you.

Old 08-02-2021, 09:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

I see you have no integrity to speak the truth with the ignorance depicted in your post.
And the false doctrine is that which you believe, regarding HELLFIRE and damnation.

But you have been informed of this numerous times.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I see you have no integrity to speak the truth with the ignorance depicted in your post.
And the false doctrine is that which you believe, regarding HELLFIRE and damnation.

I call it the way I see it, the same as Jerwade does. Do I no longer have that right?

Old 08-02-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I call it the way I see it, the same as Jerwade does. Do I no longer have that right?
If you desire to follow a syncretistic view of "blending" and "mixing" in Greek and ancient Egyptian mythologies of an underworld with the grave - that's your choice. I see them more as the mortuary cults of the living-dead. An oxymoron or self-contradicting.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
If you desire to follow a syncretistic view of "blending" and "mixing" in Greek and ancient Egyptian mythologies of an underworld with the grave - that's your choice. I see them more as the mortuary cults of the living-dead. An oxymoron or self-contradicting.
You can believe anything you like, Jerwade! Even if it does misrepresent.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
You can believe anything you like, Jerwade! Even if it does misrepresent.
How do you misrepresent the fact that there is no underworld of the living-dead?

Old 08-03-2021, 03:26 AM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
One of the problems with this argument has to do with definitions. We might gain some traction if we defined some things. For starters, we could say who the devil is.

I think the devil is us. We are the adversary, or some element of our ignorant condition is. Look at the situation. God is our father. He is trying to make of us complete children like Himself. In order to do that He will have to get us to think like Him voluntarily. There is an adversarial relationship baked into that arrangement.

Otherwise, how could Satan have any power? It's only because God loves man that Satan gets away with anything.

Further to this, what does God do at the end? Before He comes back, He casts Satan out of heaven. He does so only after the man-child is born. The first seal, of the white horse, may refer to this as well. It looks like some complete version of humanity comes along and it changes everything. Maybe man has to realize something before that can happen?

On the other hand, prophecy could be fulfilled by something as unlikely as the coronavirus. It could be the white horse. Corona is for crown. The rider of the white horse goes about with a bow, being effective at range. In the aftermath, the world devolves into an anti-vaxxer pile of rabble. That pile of rabble would correspond to the third of humanity that is poisoned by things like Wormwood. In that scenario, the anti-vaxxer crowd is part of the third fallen from heaven. It makes sense, but I prefer this interpretation as part of a more humorous take. It could actually be the truth, but, even if it is, I am choosing to place it somewhere tentative for now. I prefer the rise of an excellent group of people over that of a virus.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 08-03-2021 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: the writing process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity