Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 07:38 AM

492 posts, read 143,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
No, I don't deny them. I have always shared that many will experience loss, separation, exclusion, tribulation, the severe judgements of Go, as I have shared with you before. By the way, if you want to discuss UR, visit the UR thread. This thread is about the serpent seed doctrine.

God bless.
No, Universalism is a damnable doctrine. I just wanted to make sure you accepted these scriptures. Why do you think they were written?

Blind teachers lead blind folks. Truth is these folks deserve your deception. If they are to Lazy to even listen to the scriptures then they deserve their eternity.

Like I told you before. Belief effects choice's and choices affects behavior.

Your, behavior manifests what you believe.

Universalism has been around for centuries. You are not new.

Just another Soul Trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 07:39 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
The serpent seed doctrine is racist from what I understand, but if anyone knows otherwise, please post. I found this information and I have read that it is racist on a number of sites.

Briefly stated, the “serpent seed” doctrine revolves around an interpretation of Genesis 3:15Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) which states that there are races of mankind on earth which are directly descended from Satan himself. This doctrine maintains that Satan (the “serpent”) cohabited with mother Eve and engendered a race of men, which are not descended from the direct union of Adam and Eve. It also maintains that this “serpent seed” race is yet present on the earth, and the Blacks and/or the Jews are generally alleged to be the products of this Satanic union with Eve. There are variations on this belief, at least one of which is that the serpent seed race now on earth descended from men of a pre-Adamic race; that they came from the “Satanic” world which preceded the Adamic age, and are not descended from Adam at all. Another is that Cain was the son of Satan and Eve, not the son of Adam and Eve (this variation is utterly ridiculous since Genesis 4:1Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) states “Adam knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain”).If these doctrines were true, it would justify racial hatred toward the Blacks, Jews or any other race which one wished to ascribe to Satan’s origination. However, these ideas are not true, and are easily proven false by Biblical scriptures. Steven M. Collins

God bless.
The serpent seed doctrine is false.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:40 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
The serpent seed doctrine is a lie of satan because it denies scriptures like these and it is also racist.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time..

John 3:16
for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during. Young's Literal

Acts 17

22 So Paul stood in the midst of the [s]Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. 23 For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and [t]exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ 29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of manll

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:50 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Yes, I did mention that Jesus died for all. I believe that most Christians believe that Jesus died for all people. Do you believe that Jesus died for all people?

This was my post:

"Jesus died for all people. He was sent to be the Savior of the world. The serpent seed doctrine is in contradiction to many of the scriptures that speak of God's love for all.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time..KJV

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless

I brought it up because Brightfame does not believe that Jesus died for all people. Brightfame does not believe that Jesus gave His life as a ransom for all, that God loves all.

That Jesus died for all does not mean that I was turning the discussion into a UR discussion. You are the one that brought up the reference to UR.

I will be glad to stand before God with the belief that I have from the scriptures that that He is able to accomplish what He wants for His own creation. I believe in the agape love, justice, mercy, grace, sovereignty, wisdom of God. I believe that He is absolutely right, that He accomplishes all His good pleasure. All of my beliefs come from the scriptures and I am sorry that you seem to be unable to handle this.

God bless.

Apparently you didn’t read my post. If you had, you would have known that I said Jesus died for all men. In fact, I wrote that same thing in two posts to you.

I said Jesus died for all, but not all will be saved. Not all will get to heaven. I said it because Jesus said it. (Matthew 7:21, Matthew 18:3)

I also wished you luck in telling Jesus He was wrong about what He said.

The only thing I have trouble with is false teaching, and when someone contradicts the words of Jesus, I do have a problem with that.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Apparently you didn’t read my post. If you had, you would have known that I said Jesus died for all men. In fact, I wrote that same thing in two posts to you.

I said Jesus died for all, but not all will be saved. Not all will get to heaven. I said it because Jesus said it. (Matthew 7:21, Matthew 18:3)

I also wished you luck in telling Jesus He was wrong about what He said.

The only thing I have trouble with is false teaching, and when someone contradicts the words of Jesus, I do have a problem with that.
What do you mean, I did not read your post? I never said that you did not say that Jesus died for all men. What are you talking about, Kate? I was making a post in reference to the serpent seed doctrine and said nothing at all about UR in my post. You jumped on me for sharing the scriptures that teach that Jesus died for all people. You brought it up for whatever reason. I am speaking on this thread about how the serpent seed doctrine is in contradiction to the scriptures and that it is a lie of satan.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-01-2023 at 08:51 AM..

Old 06-01-2023, 08:00 AM

The serpent seed doctrine promotes hate and this is why Brightfame always speaks about the hatred of God for the lost. It is racist and hateful and so far this has not been denied.

God bless.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
No, Universalism is a damnable doctrine. I just wanted to make sure you accepted these scriptures. Why do you think they were written?

Blind teachers lead blind folks. Truth is these folks deserve your deception. If they are to Lazy to even listen to the scriptures then they deserve their eternity.

Like I told you before. Belief effects choice's and choices affects behavior.

Your, behavior manifests what you believe.

Universalism has been around for centuries. You are not new.

Just another Soul Trap.
Come on over to the UR thread if you want to discuss. You are taking the thread off topic. This thread is about the serpent seed doctrine. By the way, I never said that the belief in the restoration of all to God was new. It was the belief of the majority in the early church and the belief of many of those considered to be fathers of the church in the early church, which I have always shared.

God bless.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:06 AM

During the 19th century, the serpent seed doctrine was revived by American religious leaders who wanted to promote white supremacy. The modern versions of the serpent seed doctrine were developed within the teachings of British Israelism by C. A. L. Totten (1851–1908) and Russel Kelso Carter (1849–1928). Daniel Parker (1781–1844) was also responsible for reviving and promoting the doctrine among Primitive Baptists.[2] Teachers of Christian Identity Theology, which branched off from British Israelism, preached the doctrine during the early twentieth century and promoted it within the Ku Klux Klan, Aryan Nations, the American Nazi Party and other white supremacist organizations. The belief's adherents commonly use it to justify antisemitism and racism by claiming that Jews or members of non-white races are the descendants of Cain and the Serpent, who they variably interpret to be Satan or an intelligent non-human creature which lived before Adam and Eve.[3][4]

The serpent seed teaching comes in several different forms. William M. Branham (1909–1965), Arnold Murray (1929–2014), Wesley A. Swift (1913–1970), and Sun Myung Moon (1920–2012) played important roles in spreading different versions of the doctrine among members of their respective groups throughout the 20th century. Around the world, there are millions of adherents of the serpent seed doctrine within Branhamism and the Unification Church. In 2000, there were an estimated 50,000 adherents of it within Christian Identity. The Anti-Defamation League and various Christian apologetics organizations have denounced racist versions of the serpent seed teaching by claiming that they are incompatible with the teachings of traditional Christianity, and they have accused their promoters of exacerbating racial divisions by spreading hate. Wikipedia

God bless.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:17 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
All things came out of God according to the scriptures, even satan and his followers.

Do you deny these scriptures?

Colossians 1

Romans 11:36
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.

1 Cor. 8:6
yet for us there is only one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

God bless.
God made the devil have a seed. By Gods will the devil has children. Listen to Jesus Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God told the serpent, who is the devil, he has a seed Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Enmity means hate êḇâ:

enmity, hatred

Christ is the seed of the women, He hates satan and his seed.

Old 06-01-2023, 02:05 PM

"he doctrine is frequently used to demonize Jews and people who are members of non-white races and justify their mistreatment, abuse, enslavement or elimination by labeling them Satanic and sub-human. Variations of the doctrine claim that the Serpent's descendants have no souls because they are partially descended from animals and are therefore predestined for damnation. Some groups are markedly militant on the subject because of their millennial teachings, and as a result, they believe that at the end of days, a final battle will be fought in which the pure race will triumph over the impure race.[9][5][6]

The identity of the serpent varies between groups. Some groups claim that the serpent is Satan himself, while other groups claim that the serpent is an animal which is either apelike or human-like. Some groups incorporate Pre-Adamite views which state that the serpent was a non-human creature whose creation predated the creation of Adam.

The identity of the serpent's seed also varies between groups. Aryan Nations, an American anti-semitic, neo-Nazi and white supremacist group, claims that the descendants of the serpent are all people who are not of northern European descent. Other Christian Identity groups claim that the descendants of the serpent are either Jews or Africans. William Branham connected the serpent's descendants with Ham (the biblical progenitor of the African peoples), several Jewish figures, the highly educated, and society's criminals. Arnold Murray connected the descendants of the Serpent with the "Kenites", a group of people which he believed had infiltrated some part of Jewish society.[10] In the Unification Church, the bloodline of all humanity is believed to be contaminated as a result of Eve's relations with the serpent. However, married couples can change their heritages by performing the Holy Marriage Blessing Ceremony which enables them to become the adopted children of their new Adam: Sun Myung Moon.[11]

Mainstream Christianity
Mainstream Christianity rejects the serpent seed view. Many different Christian groups offer systematic rebuttals of the doctrine. For example, the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry points to Genesis 4:1[12] in order to refute the doctrine.[13] Because the biblical record explicitly names Adam as the father of Cain, the teaching of the serpent seed is considered incompatible with the Protestant teaching of Biblical infallibility.

Now Adam had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain...

— Genesis 4:1
Critics argue that the doctrine foments division and fuels racism, which makes it an unhealthy belief which is incompatible with Christianity because the belief itself leads to sin." Wikipedia

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity