Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 03:50 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Hey, you’re the one who brought up that Jesus died for all. That’s your usual prelude to UR. Well, He did die for all, but He clearly tells us that not everyone is going to heaven.

And to them Jesus said,

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:2-3

You’ll get your chance to tell Him He was wrong when you stand before His judgement seat. Good luck with that.
Yes, I did mention that Jesus died for all. I believe that most Christians believe that Jesus died for all people. Do you believe that Jesus died for all people?

This was my post:

"Jesus died for all people. He was sent to be the Savior of the world. The serpent seed doctrine is in contradiction to many of the scriptures that speak of God's love for all.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time..KJV

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless."

I brought it up because Brightfame does not believe that Jesus died for all people. Brightfame does not believe that Jesus gave His life as a ransom for all, that God loves all.

That Jesus died for all does not mean that I was turning the discussion into a UR discussion. You are the one that brought up the reference to UR.

I will be glad to stand before God with the belief that I have from the scriptures that that He is able to accomplish what He wants for His own creation. I believe in the agape love, justice, mercy, grace, sovereignty, wisdom of God. I believe that He is absolutely right, that He accomplishes all His good pleasure. All of my beliefs come from the scriptures and I am sorry that you seem to be unable to handle this.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-31-2023 at 04:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Jesus died for His seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
And your response to these scriptures are what, Brightfame??

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

John 3:16
for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during. Young's Literal

Acts 17

22 So Paul stood in the midst of the [s]Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. 23 For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and [t]exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ 29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of manll

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-31-2023 at 04:28 PM..

Old 05-31-2023, 06:37 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, I did mention that Jesus died for all. I believe that most Christians believe that Jesus died for all people. Do you believe that Jesus died for all people?
This was my post:
"Jesus died for all people. He was sent to be the Savior of the world. The serpent seed doctrine is in contradiction to many of the scriptures that speak of God's love for all............................................... .....................

I brought it up because Brightfame does not believe that Jesus died for all people. Brightfame does not believe that Jesus gave His life as a ransom for all, that God loves all. ....................
Yes, agree Jesus died for ALL and God loves all, but ALL will Not end up accepting Jesus.
Please notice the little word " if " found at 1st John 1:7
A little word but " IF " comes with BIG meaning.

Also, please notice Matthew 20:28 because Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

Jesus saves (delivers / rescues) all righteous meek people of the world.
ALL have the free-will choice to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' (be destroyed) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 05-31-2023, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, agree Jesus died for ALL and God loves all, but ALL will Not end up accepting Jesus.
Please notice the little word " if " found at 1st John 1:7
A little word but " IF " comes with BIG meaning.

Also, please notice Matthew 20:28 because Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

Jesus saves (delivers / rescues) all righteous meek people of the world.
ALL have the free-will choice to ' repent ' so as Not to ' perish ' (be destroyed) - 2nd Peter 3:9
Why do you guys keep bringing up UR on this thread? I did not post about UR initially. I posted about how BF does not believe that Jesus died for all people and my other response was to Kate's comment about me being before God. But it you must, Jesus died for the many and He died for all.

2 Timothy
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time..

All will accept because He will accomplish what He has purposed. He will reunite all things in Him. Ephesians 1. The Creator's subjection to all to Himself trumps the creature's so called free will. If you want to discuss UR, come over to the UR thread. Thank you and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-31-2023 at 08:58 PM..

Old 06-01-2023, 04:55 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Yes they were chosen and given to Christ before the foundation. They are His seed before they are born, and thats who He died for Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

But the seed of the serpent are not His seed Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The seed of the serpent isnt Christs seed of Isa 53:10

Also His Seed and Wife the Church are the same. So the seed of the serpent isnt His wife either.
God chose no one randomly. You teach another gospel.

God chose according to His foreknowledge (1 Peter 1:2). He knew who would be In Christ before the world was created. It was not a random decision, and you cannot prove that it was.

Old 06-01-2023, 05:45 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
God chose no one randomly. You teach another gospel.

God chose according to His foreknowledge (1 Peter 1:2). He knew who would be In Christ before the world was created. It was not a random decision, and you cannot prove that it was.
Who said anything about God chose randomly, God chose according to His Purpose and Grace, Election is of Grace Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The chosen seed is of Gods choice 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

That word generation as in chosen generation is the same as seed, ye are a chosen seed.

Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it [the seed]shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Now God has determined from before the foundation who shall be Christs seed, and who shall be the serpents seed, Salvation is only for Christs seed. Thats why universalism is a lie, they teach salvation is for the seed of the serpent.

Old 06-01-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
And your response to these scriptures are what, Brightfame??

Colossians 1

2 Timothy

John 3:16
for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during. Young's Literal

Acts 17

22 So Paul stood in the midst of the [s]Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. 23 For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and [t]exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ 29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of manll

God bless.
Like I have told you before and others, its the elect, Salvation is solely to and promised to Gods elect, His Israel, a chosen people from amongst mankind.

Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The seed of Israel is Justified

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Old 06-01-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Like I have told you before and others, its the elect, Salvation is solely to and promised to Gods elect, His Israel, a chosen people from amongst mankind.

Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The seed of Israel is Justified

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.
Hi, and like the scriptures have told you, Jesus died for all people, including the elect.

Do you believe that Jesus died for all people?

Do you believe that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world?

Do you believe that He is the propitiation for the sins of the believer and of the world?

Do you believe that God is the Savior of all people, especially of believers?

This is what the scriptures teach. Do you?

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-01-2023 at 06:13 AM..

Old 06-01-2023, 06:13 AM

The serpent seed doctrine denies scriptures such as these. This is why the poster never addresses questions and scriptures about this directly which I have posted several times on another thread.

Colossians 1

2 Timothy

Hebrews 2:9
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

The serpent seed doctrine teaches that satan had sex with Eve and created a serpent line from what I understand. This is not found in the scriptures anywhere.

All people were made by the Father through His Word, Jesus Christ and all are the offspring of the Father according to the scriptures.

Every person is an offspring of God as all were created by God. He is the Father of all.

Acts 17

22 So Paul stood in the midst of the [s]Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. 23 For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27 that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and [t]exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ 29 Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man

Psalm 24:1-2

A Psalm of David. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, for he has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the river

Colossians 1

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-01-2023 at 06:27 AM..

Old 06-01-2023, 06:46 AM

Christ and His Seed are the chosen of God, the serpent seed has no part in being Christs chosen generation/seed 1 Pet 2:4-9

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Now in Vs 4 Jesus is the chosen of God, that word chosen eklektos also Vs 6 elect , then the same word is used in Vs 9 as the chosen generation, because its Christs generation chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So thats His seed/generation spoken of here Isa 53:10

These Scriptures clearly show that Christ and all His members are the chosen of God

Now was the serpent seed Chosen in Christ before the foundation ? No the serpent seed was chosen in the serpent, God gave him a seed, like He gave Christ a seed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity