Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 02:19 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times

Advertisements

I think this has to do with the basic ‘types’ and has to do with the relationship of how the ‘one’ relates to the ‘many’

The Serpent and many serpents

The Son and many sons

The Father and many fathers

One shepherd and many shepherds

One instructor and many instructors

1Co 4:14**I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
1Co 4:15**For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1Co 4:16**Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Co 4:17**For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.
1Co 4:18**Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
1Co 4:19**But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
1Co 4:20**For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
1Co 4:21**What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

Beloved

G27 (Strong)
ἀγαπητός
agapētos
ag-ap-ay-tos'
From G25; beloved: - (dearly, well) beloved, dear.

G5095 (Strong)
Τιμόθεος
Timotheos
tee-moth'-eh-os
From G5092 and G2316; dear to God; Timotheus, a Christian: - Timotheus, Timothy.

Mat 10:16**Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17**But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
Mat 10:18**And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19**But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20**For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Mat 10:21**And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mat 10:22**And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 03:47 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
The original poster has not denied that his or her doctrine promotes racism and hatred and neither has the poster addressed these scriptures.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Hebrews 2:9
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

The scriptures teach us that the Father created all things through Jesus Christ.

The scriptures teach that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.

The scriptures teach that God is the Savior of all men especially of believers.

The scriptures teach that Jesus takes away the sin of the world.

The scriptures teach that Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of the believer and for the sins of the world.

The world "kosmos" means everyone and everything, the universe, the totality

The scriptures teach that it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all things to Himself having made peace through the blood of His cross.

The scriptures teach that Jesus gave Himself as a ransom for all people, not just for the elect.

Jesus taught us to love our enemies.

Jesus asked the Father to forgive His enemies.

Jesus does not hate His enemies.

He died for His enemies.

We were all once the enemies of God.

God loved us before we even became His enemies and when we were yet His enemies.

Believers are to be people of love not people who promote hatred.

We are to love all people who are made in the image of God, who are all the offspring of God.

Jesus gave His life for all of the offspring of God, even for those who hate Him.

1 John 4

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is [a]born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested [b]in us, that God has sent His [c]only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has [d]for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear [e]involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-01-2023 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-01-2023, 08:09 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Like I have told you before and others, its the elect, Salvation is solely to and promised to Gods elect, His Israel, a chosen people from amongst mankind.
Isa 45:17,25
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
The seed of Israel is Justified
25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.
.....and since Pentecost the 'Israel of God' is Spiritual Israel the Christian congregation.
A 'spiritual nation ' made up of Christians - 1st Peter 2:9,5 - a nation not located on any map.
Israel's fleshly-national house (of worship) is abandoned by God according to Jesus at Matthew 23:38.
Jerusalem ' above ' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26 - mother to the elect .- Rev. 5:9-10; 20:6

Old 06-02-2023, 07:00 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Satan has a seed, scripture cant be more plainer Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The serpent is the devil folks Rev 20:2

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

He has a seed, which isnt the seed of the women, the blessed seed,

The seed of the serpent, the wicked is cursed and will be cut off Ps 37:28,22

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

This is the portion of the seed of the serpent, to be cursed, and are cursed Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The seed of the serpent will not inherit the new renewed earth Peter talks about here 2 Pet 3:13

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The serpent seed is cut off from this promise ! Its only for the blessed seed of Abraham Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Old 06-02-2023, 07:11 AM

The serpent seed doctrine promotes hatred and racism. Brightfame has not denied this. The doctrine is in direct contradiction to the scriptures.

God bless.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:50 AM

492 posts, read 143,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Satan has a seed, scripture cant be more plainer Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The serpent is the devil folks Rev 20:2

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

He has a seed, which isnt the seed of the women, the blessed seed,

The seed of the serpent, the wicked is cursed and will be cut off Ps 37:28,22

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

This is the portion of the seed of the serpent, to be cursed, and are cursed Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The seed of the serpent will not inherit the new renewed earth Peter talks about here 2 Pet 3:13

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The serpent seed is cut off from this promise ! Its only for the blessed seed of Abraham Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

The Serpent seed doctrine is garbage.

It indicates Cain is Satan's seed.

Gen 4:1* And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

How plain can Genesis be.

The seed issue is symbolic. Nothing more.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:17 AM

Salvation is only promised to a seed, Christs Seed, the seed of the woman not the serpent seed,

David as a Type of Christ, is the recipient of of covenant promises, God promises to establish His Seed,

Ps 89:1-4,29,36

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

The Seed of Christ are those men and women Chosen in Him before the foundation, also known as the seed of Abraham or of David.

Now the whole world of mankind isnt the seed.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
The Serpent seed doctrine is garbage.

It indicates Cain is Satan's seed.

Gen 4:1* And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

How plain can Genesis be.

The seed issue is symbolic. Nothing more.
Cain was of the seed of the serpent, John wrote that he was of that wicked one 1 Jn 3:12

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Even though he was Adams first born, he was rejected because he was of the serpent seed.

Cain wasnt mentioned as Adams firstborn here Gen 5:1ff

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

It skips to Seth, even Eve bypassed her firstborn and called Seth her seed Gen 4:25-26

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Old 06-02-2023, 03:04 PM

The serpent seed doctrine promotes hatred and racism. Brightfame has yet to deny this, so it must be true.

The doctrine is in direct contradiction to the scriptures and is a lie from satan.

Cain was the seed of Adam and he was an offspring of God.

Jesus died for Cain as he died for all people.

All who are lost and in bondage to sin and satan ultimately belong to God.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-02-2023 at 03:39 PM..

Old 06-02-2023, 03:06 PM

Satan belongs to God and so does satan's seed.

Cain belongs to God. He was created by Him.

Psalm 24:1
The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains, The world, and those who live in it.

We were all once children of satan followers of satan, under his domain, enemies of God, lost, ignorant, enslaved to sin, by nature children of wrath.

You must be born again, says the Lord.

All children and followers of satan, which we all once were, must be born again.

We must be born again to be new creations in Jesus Christ.

Jesus died for all of us. If He did not die for the so children of satan, He did not die for any of us, for all were once children of satan.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

Romans 11:36
“For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are ALL things: to whom be glory forever. Amen.”

1 Cor. 8:6
“But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we live by Him.” 1 Corinthians 8:6

1 Timothy2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Hebrews 2:9
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-02-2023 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity