Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2021, 03:06 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times

Advertisements

Particular Redemption for Israel the Seed of Abraham 3

Now again, for the Purpose of Redemption, He was made or Born of a women, made under the Law, to Identify with the Children [of God]

Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

But now the Children are Identified specifically as who in Vs 16 ? Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

The Children are the Seed of Abraham, as so is their Head Christ Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And they are Identified once again in Vs 17 Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

They are called His Brethren, not all men without exception are His Brethren, and they are called the People, or His People Matt 1:21. His People are the Seed of Abraham, not Abraham's carnal seed either, for Jesus told some of them Jn 8:38,41-42

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

1 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Yes, though they were carnally Abraham's seed or children, gleaned from Jn 8:37

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Yet they were not His Brethren Spiritually as was these were Heb 2:14-17

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Because these brethren had God as their Father as He did !

And these are the Brethren of the Seed of Abraham that He came to redeem, not all men without exception !

To deny Particular Redemption or Limited Atonement is to deny it altogether, for the scripture knows of no other !

Last edited by Brightfame52; 10-26-2021 at 03:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 05:58 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

First we must understand who the His is here, its Christ, the Seed belongs to Him, for it is His soul made an offering for sin.

So now Christ never physically married a women and she bare Him children, no, the seed is spiritual, a spiritual seed or offspring. The word for seed here is zera and means:

offspring, descendants, posterity, children, family, race, generation

and its speaking spiritually.

This seed is none other than those Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 !
Yes, they are His spiritual children.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:24 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Yes, they are His spiritual children.
Children of God by faith in Christ

Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Christ is the mediator

1Ti 2:4**Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5**For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6**Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Children of God by faith in Christ

Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Christ is the mediator

1Ti 2:4**Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5**For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6**Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
They're Children of God before Faith, thats why Christ came to rescue them. God gives them Faith to distinguish them from the rest of mankind who arent Gods children, but are the children of the devil.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:54 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
They're Children of God before Faith, thats why Christ came to rescue them. God gives them Faith to distinguish them from the rest of mankind who arent Gods children, but are the children of the devil.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:43 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
They're Children of God before Faith, that's why Christ came to rescue them. God gives them Faith to distinguish them from the rest of mankind who aren't God's children, but are the children of the devil.
There are no children of the devil. Your serpent seed doctrine is a doctrine of the devil that is born of and breeds bigotry and division among humanity. It is pure evil and Satan's strongest weapon against God and Christ. It turns Christ's Gospel of agape love and reconciliation into a sword of the devil to separate us and foster hate and division. You will be enormously remorseful that you have participated in spreading its evil.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:30 PM

Mysticphd

Quote:
There are no children of the devil.
Yes it is 1 Jn 3:10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Believe the scripture.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:47 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Mysticphd
Yes it is 1 Jn 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Believe the scripture.
I do not believe in the ignorant interpretation of scripture. The seed referred to is not genetic, nor biological. It refers to the source of your motivations and actions. If our motivations and actions are without love in selfish service of our animal nature and lust, we are acting as children of the Serpent (our reptilian brain). When our motivations and actions are in service of the agape love of God and each other, we are acting as children of God.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:49 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
These kinds of issues about God will persist because the "baby" of modalism was thrown out with all its other erroneous precepts ("bathwater") as heresy by our ancestors who did not have any conception of the nature of consciousness as the essence of "personhood."
Uh no.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:10 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,130 times
Quote:
Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

First we must understand who the His is here, its Christ, the Seed belongs to Him, for it is His soul made an offering for sin.

So now Christ never physically married a women and she bare Him children, no, the seed is spiritual, a spiritual seed or offspring. The word for seed here is zera and means:

offspring, descendants, posterity, children, family, race, generation

and its speaking spiritually.

This seed is none other than those Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 !
The He and His you refer to here is the servant of God not one person. He, is the son of God, the servant of God, Israel.

Scripture defines Israel as the servant of God and God’s son. God’s son is One but infinite in number.

As it is written;

“Israel is my son, my firstborn, let my son go so he can serve me.”

“You are my witnesses (Israel) my servants whom I have chosen…”

Daniel 7:13
As I watched in the night visions, I saw one like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him. 14 To him was given dominion and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not pass away, and his kingship is one that shall never be destroyed. 15 As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me, and the visions of my head terrified me. 16 I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter: 17 "As for these four great beasts, four kings shall arise out of the earth. 18 But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever—forever and ever."

As you can see here, the son of man is the holy ones of the Most High.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity