Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 09:56 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
True or False statement:

Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

If true:

Why would satan seed bow and confess to Jesus?

If false:

Why is it in the bible then?

Either God has His knee on their necks or it is voluntary to get the confession. Which one? How does He get every knee to bow? Why does every tongue confess? Do they utter that just before getting tossed into the pit or do they do it because they experience mercy? Which one makes more sense?
Every knee? To Jesus Christ? Uh no. Stop perverting scripture.

Isaiah 45:23 NRS

By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: "To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 10:38 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: "To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."
Isaiah is speaking to Israel...

Old 10-25-2021, 03:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

Really? Not every knee bows to the Lord? Really?

Philippians 2:10-11

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Old 10-25-2021, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Really? Not every knee bows to the Lord? Really?

Philippians 2:10-11

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
I thought that he was the father?...

Old 10-25-2021, 04:46 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Particular Redemption for Israel the Seed of Abraham 2

Now when Christ came to redeem His People, the Seed of Abraham, them He was specifically made under the Law, born of a women for as Per Gal 4:3-5

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we[Not all] might receive the adoption of sons.

Again this is a specific seed being referred to here, not all mankind without exception, in fact its the exact same thing being stated here under more specific and particular language Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

The Children here are the same ones as in Gal 4:3

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Heb 2:15-17

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

So when He was made of a women, under the Law, it was for the Seed of Abraham specifically, not all mankind, and this was in line with His Redemptive Purpose 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest[Born of a Woman] in these last times for you[The Seed of Abraham],

Old 10-25-2021, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I thought that he was the father?...
He sits at the right hand of the Father and is in perfect unity with Him so that they are ONE. Why the bait?

Old 10-25-2021, 04:48 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No, all men by nature are not sinners, neither is all humanity. But there are a few, extremely wicked people.
I dont know what you talking about.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:54 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
He sits at the right hand of the Father and is in perfect unity with Him so that they are ONE. Why the bait?
These kinds of issues about God will persist because the "baby" of modalism was thrown out with all its other erroneous precepts ("bathwater") as heresy by our ancestors who did not have any conception of the nature of consciousness as the essence of "personhood."

Old 10-25-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Because it’s illogical...

Old 10-25-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
These kinds of issues about God will persist because the "baby" of modalism was thrown out with all its other erroneous precepts ("bathwater") as heresy by our ancestors who did not have any conception of the nature of consciousness as the essence of "personhood."
We are all connected, being separate is just an illusion. A man had an NDE, asked God, why is humanity so dark and doomed. Immediately God show him a huge myriad or kaleidoscope of souls...all connected...all pure...no evil whatsoever within it. We can only experience hardship and sorrow in the flesh, cannot be done in the spirit world . This is why we are here, to learn the hard lessons but I believe it is voluntary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity