Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 07:17 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Jesus again Identifies the cursed of mankind, the serpent seed who has no hope of salvation Matt 23:22-23
Jesus died for all people. He was sent to be the Savior of the world. The serpent seed doctrine is in contradiction to many of the scriptures that speak of God's love for all.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time..KJV

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 07:17 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

First we must understand who the His is here, its Christ, the Seed belongs to Him, for it is His soul made an offering for sin.

So now Christ never physically married a women and she bare Him children, no, the seed is spiritual, a spiritual seed or offspring. The word for seed here is zera and means:

offspring, descendants, posterity, children, family, race, generation

and its speaking spiritually.

This seed is none other than those Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 !
His seed are His offspring or descendants.

Yes they are IN CHRIST. They are Christians.

Jesus has a bride, which is the church- the called out.

However, you’re trying to use this passage to prove your Calvinist view of unconditional election, which is FALSE. God does not now nor has ever selected certain people to save and others to condemn. You strip Ephesians 1:4 from its context proving your lack of understanding of Scripture as a whole.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Jesus died for all people. He was sent to be the Savior of the world. The serpent seed doctrine is in contradiction to many of the scriptures that speak of God's love for all.

Colossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless.
Yes Jesus died for all, but not all will be saved.

Jesus said,

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:2-3

Old 05-31-2023, 07:42 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post

Jesus said,

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:2-3

Hi, I disagree and believe that all will become as little children one day and that all will do the will of the Father, that all will one day enter the kingdom of heaven, and that all will be saved in the end, but I am not here to turn this into a UR discussion. I posted because the serpent seed doctrine that Brightfame proclaims, is in contradiction to the many scriptures that tell us that God loves all people, that Jesus died for all people, and that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.

The serpent seed doctrine denies many scriptures.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-31-2023 at 08:01 AM..

Old 05-31-2023, 10:32 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:

Jesus said,

IMO, That actually refers to being "born again" as Spirit when we will indeed be little spiritual children.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
IMO, That actually refers to being "born again" as Spirit when we will indeed be little spiritual children.
I agree with you. His will is that we be born again., and His will is that we repent, and be converted. If we don’t do these things, Jesus, not me, says we won’t enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus said,

Old 05-31-2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Hi, I disagree and believe that all will become as little children one day and that all will do the will of the Father, that all will one day enter the kingdom of heaven, and that all will be saved in the end, but I am not here to turn this into a UR discussion. I posted because the serpent seed doctrine that Brightfame proclaims, is in contradiction to the many scriptures that tell us that God loves all people, that Jesus died for all people, and that Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.

The serpent seed doctrine denies many scriptures.

God bless.
Hey, you’re the one who brought up that Jesus died for all. That’s your usual prelude to UR. Well, He did die for all, but He clearly tells us that not everyone is going to heaven.

And to them Jesus said,

You’ll get your chance to tell Him He was wrong when you stand before His judgement seat. Good luck with that.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:19 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
His seed are His offspring or descendants.

Yes they are IN CHRIST. They are Christians.

Jesus has a bride, which is the church- the called out.

However, you’re trying to use this passage to prove your Calvinist view of unconditional election, which is FALSE. God does not now nor has ever selected certain people to save and others to condemn. You strip Ephesians 1:4 from its context proving your lack of understanding of Scripture as a whole.
Yes they were chosen and given to Christ before the foundation. They are His seed before they are born, and thats who He died for Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

But the seed of the serpent are not His seed Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The seed of the serpent isnt Christs seed of Isa 53:10

Also His Seed and Wife the Church are the same. So the seed of the serpent isnt His wife either.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:23 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:

Colossians 1

2 Timothy

God bless.
Jesus died for His seed Isa 53:10

Old 05-31-2023, 03:47 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
These are religious and by extension political differences

Individually and personally we are just the cells/seeds that make up the collectives that make up the religious/political bodies that have dominion over societies

The Holy Scriptures are referring to all of those religious/political entities that are to be judged for their decisions that have caused all the societal consequences that we are globally seeing in the here and now in the last ‘days’ of the latter ‘Days’

The kingdom of God has always been about the fair and just societal rule for the benefit/good of the populations under their dominion

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-31-2023 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity