Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 09:06 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times

Advertisements

Jesus did not build a Church. He established a following that was supposed to be based on the agape love and forgiveness of God He revealed and unambiguously demonstrated on the Cross. Men built Churches based on their interpretations of Jesus and their ancient beliefs about God that, sadly, bear little resemblance to the God of Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 09:10 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus did not build a Church.

"I will build my church" - Jesus, Matthew 16:18

Old 11-16-2021, 09:16 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,276,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Exactly!!!

Old 11-16-2021, 10:24 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus did not build a Church. He established a following ecclesia that was supposed to be based on the agape love and forgiveness of God He revealed and unambiguously demonstrated on the Cross. Men built Churches based on their interpretations of Jesus and their ancient beliefs about God that, sadly, bear little resemblance to the God of Jesus Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

Those who actually follow Jesus (His ecclesia) are the only church He established. The myriad buildings and compilations of "precepts and doctrines of men" that have been established in His name are just that "precepts and doctrines of men." They have been compiled, interpreted, culled, and protected from alternative interpretations and change from their ancient and barbaric root beliefs as the way to attain and retain power over the masses.

Instead of spreading the agape love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ, these so-called Churches spread the vanity and hubris of the men who created them. They do not remotely resemble what Jesus Christ taught and demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. They are the product of human wrath, vengeance, and hubris.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:46 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Thanks for letting me know that I stated your beliefs correctly! I noticed, however, that you didn’t answer my questions. It would be helpful if you did. Here they are again.

Can you show me anywhere in Scripture where it says that the “little flock” is this same group as the 144,000?

Let me ask you this. “Why couldn’t the ‘little flock’ whom the Father gave the kingdom simply be the apostles in Luke 12:32? After all, He did tell them that in the end times they would sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28).”

And then continue that on maam: (Daniel 7:14) And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.
(Matthew 20:21) He said to her: “What do you want?” She replied to him: “Give the word that these two sons of mine may sit down, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your Kingdom.”
(Luke 22:28-30) “However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.
(1 Corinthians 6:2) Or do you not know that the holy ones will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not competent to try very trivial matters?
(Revelation 3:21) To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.
(Revelation 20:4) And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years.

All these scriptures apply to a degree Kate. Paul included the entire congregation at Corinth. I had posted other scriptures early on as well. Those 144k are the holy ones in the new covenant. They will serve as Kings and Priests with Jesus over the earthly part of the Kingdom. The other sheep are the earthly citizens of the Kingdom of God. All of God's people as one flock under 1 shepherd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity